Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

Just now, ZicoKelly said:

wouldn't that be nice

"The Chinese group tried to take over the club a year ago but ran into snags in talks with owner Ken Anderson."

Coz he's a CUNT!

Egg fried rice all round if this happens fingers & everything else crossed!!

Heard Port Vale ex owner (Norman Smurthwaite) wants to buy us as well he can do one, I remember him serving me a fucking pint at Port Vale:

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/port-vale-smurthwaite-bolton-wanderers-2852326

Edited by Okocha10

10 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Don't think Sam would be bothering with a league one club on minus points.

So your saying debt free, decent budget, sole charge build from the bottom your way on a nice salary with bonuses and Sam wouldn't be interested in that ?

It would be like 1999 all over again, minus the debt of course.

Like been said though is just to good to be true...........................

2 hours ago, Traf said:

Did we really?

We've taken about £3m (maybe more) for a lad with some promise who'd played 20-odd first team games and was part of the league's worst defence, conceding over 2 goals per game during his run in the team.

He wouldn't be the player he is now, had we not sold him and took him down to League 1 instead. 

If Holding, Clough and Madine had stayed we would now hate them and tell them never to set foot in the ground again, for not trying in any game this season and for refusing to play a game when they werent being paid. Their reputations and status is retained because they left and sat on a bench elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, Razaldo9 said:

How many groups is Nixon going to report are getting us? Seems to have a new one every week.

To be fair, now that we’re heading for admin we’re probably going to hear a fair few more names mentioned. 

Is admin just totally blind for the bidders,  say FV group offered to pay 25% to all unsecured creditors but Chinese group offered to pay 30%, would FV be unaware of that?

This lot are all ready on the list of "tyre kickers" / bankrupt billionaires who allegedly wouldn't meet Anderson's personal demands when they enquired about the club. Along with my personal favourite Ron Burkle (aka Ron Billionaire) who also was allegedly pissed off after sending his people to talk to Anderson last year. 

Probably speculation from Nicko, but I would love it if we were bought by someone with financial clout.

As for the Chinese Government discouraging foreign investment, that doesn't chime with the fact they've just bought half of Africa.

Maybe we'll get Fellaini on loan?

41 minutes ago, ProfessorWoland said:

On another note, I've seen lots about the £5m owed to Moonshift and how Ken is or isn't on the hook for it. Could anyone explain exactly how this works? 

I'll have a punt at answering this but it really is very difficult to actually know what the answer is!.

First of all I assume you are talking about the £5m loaned to KA who then loaned it to the club, which then went on to pay the BluMarble loan with.

It seems by the time the loan was issued there must have been some doubt if Eddie would have got it back without securing the loan on something or other, as apparently he had loaned KA previously £3m (if what is H has been telling us is correct - and I've no reason to doubt him on that) as an unsecured loan.  I guess if the 'trust' was still there then this £5m would have been loaned as per the previous one/s?

The reason I have read that the loan was not secured against club assets directly was apparently and the clubs assets had been 'maxed' out, so it was secured instead against KA's assets

I thought originally that the loan was against the share ownership but looking more deeply into it I believe the loan was secured against the company that owned the share ownership namely Inner Circle Investments Limited.  And accordingly a charge for £5m was set against ICI Ltd. (on the 7th Sept, 2018)

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09782053/charges/fm5WZUnhZHCq-kA5LdXv1g9627M

Ken in turn some days later then presumably 'found' £5m from somewhere because he made himself a secured creditor of the club (presumably for the £5m) on the 27th Sept, 2018, BUT under his own name and not that of ICI Ltd!

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00043026/charges/zuFLo9CUMVpD9kLSumePBFGSR-g

Poor Eddie passed away on the 11th Sept, 2018 

And the BluMarble loan was reportedly settled on the 12th Sept, 2018 - presumably for circa £5m, being £4m capital plus around £800k interest(?).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45483786

However note the timeline for all these events

If BM was paid £5m on the 12th Sept, then where did the £5m KA loaned the club come from TWO WEEKS LATER?

Companies House clearly shows the BM loan being satisfied on the 24th September...

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/03674979/charges/_53gxL4LeazNGlMRE9QxDhU0CgQ

...so where did his £5m come from to secure against the club 27th Sept?

I can only reason from all this that the £5m Eddie loaned KA to pay BM actually did happen and that the £5m Ken put in the club as a secured creditor was completely separate and apart from the Davies loan.

In short it really was from KA (although that may have been funded on advances on player sales and ST sales revenue, factored in advance?)

Are you still with me so far!

We've dealt I think with the monies going in, so what about the money being paid back?

I won't trouble you by repeating the lengthy and informative narrative Howard has previously given on this and just pick things up where H has informed us that putting the club into Admin does not invalidate the sum of £5m still being owed to Eddies estate. 

As it stands as far as I understand it, it basically means that if the default is called in by Moonshine they take control of ICI Ltd, who are the holding company for the club.

IF I've got this correct (and I certainly don't guarantee I have!) then I also believe that the conditions of the loan also prevent ICI Ltd going into voluntary Liquidation as H suggests it may well do so.  I say this on the basis of the charge saying - under 5.2 that disposal of security assets can't be made (and security assets being defined in the Definitions as all of the assets subject to the deed).  Therefore in my thinking anyway, if the deed is about taking control of ICI in default, then how can it dispose of itself first by voluntary liquidation?

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09782053/charges/fm5WZUnhZHCq-kA5LdXv1g9627M 

Of course I am very much out of my depth on these matters and would appreciate comments and or guidance from those who are more knowledgeable about these things?

If however Moonshift calls in the debt, taking charge of the share ownership by acquiring ICI would settle the £5m debt in full.

I can only hazard guess at what happens in the event of an Administrator taking control but as far as I understand things the shareholders lose their rights immediately?  If so and Moonshift not calling in their debt - they would be presumably in a position to serve notice to take over ICI Ltd and I guess if there are insufficient funds there, they simply go after the Director for the balance if the company is found to be trading whilst insolvent?

Ken still has a secured £5m in the club (which on paper at least seems to be his personal money?) so he would be in a position to fulfil that obligation if necessary?

I'm sorry that I am unable to give a definitive answer to your question and hopefully others who are more knowledgeable on these matters can add to/shoot down to my reply above, whichever is the most relevant to do so.

One small item of interest whilst I was researching the facts to answer your query was an article by Iles dated 10th September, which included this sentence -

"The funding gap for the next 12 months, taking into consideration only those debts which are due and outstanding bills, is thought to be close to £13m". 

I'm not intending to be an apologist for Anderson but it wasn't any secret that he was not funding the club from his personal wealth and with a £13m black hole in funding to plug, then is it really such a big surprise that players, HMRC and everybody else ended up not getting paid and the club looking to move into Administration 8/9 months later?

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/16833145.bolton-wanderers-set-for-administration/

2 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Iles now playing up part of Nixon’s story while still playing down the Allardyce involvement...

Don't care about Big Sam,

Them buying us would be great news alone! 

6 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

I'm not intending to be an apologist for Anderson but it wasn't any secret that he was not funding the club from his personal wealth and with a £13m black hole in funding to plug, then is it really such a big surprise that players, HMRC and everybody else ended up not getting paid and the club looking to move into Administration 8/9 months later?

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/16833145.bolton-wanderers-set-for-administration/

On your site you've been nothing but an apologist for Anderson for the last 18 months. Well at least you've stopped calling him "Mr Anderson" so it's a start.

2 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Iles now playing up part of Nixon’s story while still playing down the Allardyce involvement...

All Nixon's report said was "they may want Sam Allardyce as manager...but he might not fancy it due to being a league one club with - points". 

It wasn't really a link - more just journalistic licence I think. Former Allardyce employee trying to bring Chinese money into Bolton - perhaps they want Big Sam but he's unlikely to be interested....