Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

16 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Tbd Howard has been pretty up front. Just because the club has gone tits up it doesn't mean he is at fault, most shizzle he has come out with out has been Bob on. Yeah every Fucker has asked the same questions, hes been patient and this thread wouldn't be 600+ pages if it wasn't for him.

Now I'm a Fucker and call every dodgy Fucker a cunt, and the cunts  i call include Tank Top and Parkinson. 

There are optimist and pessamist, ask yourself which one Howard is? 

Personally I haven't got a bastard clue regarding administration but at least Howard has put some clarity on the situation. If I say I'm team Howard, I'm talking the big bang theory 😀

Most has been Bob on? Seriously? Bassini was a joker. Then he was definitely completing with Far East cash. Then he was completing because their mob were lending him money.....

Thats before we get on to the nonsense about buying shares...that never happened either. 

2 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Most has been Bob on? Seriously? Bassini was a joker. Then he was definitely completing with Far East cash. Then he was completing because their mob were lending him money.....

Thats before we get on to the nonsense about buying shares...that never happened either. 

You told us Clayton Donaldson was good😂 Does that mean we dismiss everything you say? 

1 hour ago, Howardroark said:

Ah the old misogyny lives on. Political Scientist is the trade.

I suppose my question to you is would you consider being a nonse to be your profession, or are you a professional nonse? Or are they the same thing?

No matter how fucking clever you think you are, English language 'O' level or GCSE must have been a scrape through.......

618 pages of total hypothetical shite. Fueled by in the know wankers who know fuck all. Sluffy has tried his best to clarify rumor upon conjecture upon sheer fucking made up bollocks. I thank him for that, as it has brought some light relief from the grinding tedium of our demise. Others though, (and I'm looking at you Howardroark); have an agenda which is all their own. It offers nothing other than to continue the pain. Like a turning of the screw on a pear of anguish. So please, close the fucking thread until something happens that is not only tangible but relevant to our future as a club.......... OINO!  COYFWM!!

20 minutes ago, Offshore said:

618 pages of total hypothetical shite. Fueled by in the know wankers who know fuck all. Sluffy has tried his best to clarify rumor upon conjecture upon sheer fucking made up bollocks. I thank him for that, as it has brought some light relief from the grinding tedium of our demise. Others though, (and I'm looking at you Howardroark); have an agenda which is all their own. It offers nothing other than to continue the pain. Like a turning of the screw on a pear of anguish. So please, close the fucking thread until something happens that is not only tangible but relevant to our future as a club.......... OINO!  COYFWM!!

This kind of message puzzles me. It’s your choice to read, or not as it goes. 

Its like when you have sex with your wife (I mean you personally, not generalising) you know it’s terrible, yet you keep coming back. It’s probably ‘her’ fault too. 

Although if you username relates to your work then substitute ‘wife’ for cabin mate.

2 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

This kind of message puzzles me. It’s your choice to read, or not as it goes. 

Its like when you have sex with your wife (I mean you personally, not generalising) you know it’s terrible, yet you keep coming back. It’s probably ‘her’ fault too. 

Although if you username relates to your work then substitute ‘wife’ for cabin mate.

🤩

8 hours ago, Howardroark said:

Not rattled at all, just a little ploy to determine if you were on a personal crusade to discredit my posts and if you could be reasoned with. 

I do feel sorry for you, wife beaters do typically get found out by their passive aggressiveness on interest forums 🙂

Personal Crusade? Not my style. 
I don't think you were as much in the loop as you claimed, but I've not tried to discredit your posts.

I think you came here with an agenda with some knowledge of what was going on and also plenty of supposition of what might happen, much of which hasn't happened. 

You chose to send me a private message calling me a cunt, I'd say that was more aggressive, passive or otherwise, than I've ever been towards you.

As for wife beating, also not my style. I'm a lover not a fighter, but thanks for assuming I'd be into that kind of shit.

As for interest forums, I can only assume you meant Internet forums.

Done some rough (very rough) working out in my head concerning how much it would take a rich owner to get us into the Premier League. This is a “throw money at it” solution rather than slow growth and promoting youth.

Obviously the club will make revenue so this won’t be total losses but potentially how much it could take if someone serious wanted to spaff their money on us to try and reach the promised land.

25 million to buy the club in admin/satisfy creditors. (Not 100% sure that’s right but think that’s been the ballpark figure)

25 million for two seasons in League One. Running cost/wages 800k a month for 24 months = 19.2 million, plus say 5 or 6 million for signings, assuming we get freebies and some cash signings - thought although we might be transfer embargoed, heard different things about that though.

55 million for three (seasons) attempts at getting out of the Championship - say we lose 1 million a month as wages increase and sign more players. That’s 36 million in running costs over three seasons. Plus another 20 million on signings.

all in all 110 million quid.

And that’s no guarantee we’d get up that’s just my idea of “throw money at it and hope we get the quality need” to go up.

Ive not a clue how much we could spend over those 5 seasons because of FFP Rules. Probably not as much as I’ve said which makes the job even harder.

Of course a rich owner might be happy to go for a slower rise but they equally might want to get there faster than in 5 seasons.

I suppose 110 million isn’t too crazy when you consider it’s costing 200-300 million+ to buy an average Premier League club.

You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one...

Anyway feel free to pick me apart on this. I don’t claim to be up to scratch with anything financial so I could be talking total bollocks. As long as there’s a club next season I’ll be satisfied but just wanted to go to dreamland for a while.

I have no knowledge of who H is but his posts over the past few weeks have guided many through the minefield of takeovers and administration with a deeper understanding than most on here. I can only second guess his motives for posting on here but the clarity  of understanding of complex  matters has helped many make sense out of a scenario  shrouded in mystery and duplicity. H has on numerous occasions given info that has been proved correct even in rapidly changing circumstances that evolve and alter by the hour. I for one am grateful for his insights and perceptions as it has helped me understand the machinations of the murky world of ‘business’ a lot more. Whoever you are H and whatever your motives, your posts have been appreciated by many. Please don’t spoil it by being  the ultimate WUM :lol:

Whatever or whoever H is he/she has an agenda & its still in play as he would have left by now otherwise .

His agenda must involve administration & a prefered outcome for who he represents .

Not neutral or impartial in the slightest although he has never claimed to be either .

3 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Things that Howard has predicted that are now known to be true...

- FV not having the money to complete (largely speculated on here from the outset)

- FV wouldn't/couldn't complete the deal on a Sunday (no insider knowledge needed here I don't think)

- There was some doubt over where the Ipswich game would be played (mentioned prior to news coming out about the SAG initially banning us playing games at the UniBol)

Things Howard has predicted that are now known to be almost certainly bollocks...

- A group, involving members of the Bahrain royal family, were prepared to invest tens of millions in the club to make us the new Wolves, and had gone so far as to buy Andersons debt to Moonshift off the Eddie Davies family.

- They served Anderson notice that they'd be recalling the shares. This was then put back a week due to them sending the notice to the wrong address.

- Bassini being backed by nobody, then some shady Thai sorts, then he was actually going to complete.

This thread would've been even more dull without Howard's input, so he's alright by me regardless. But, overall he's got less right than Nixon (who named Bassini and now these Chinese bidders first), and nobody is saying he is "mostly bob on".

Got off to a decent start, for a while looked a genius, but those early wins will feel a long time ago by the end. The Owen Coyle of WWays.

To be fair to Howard, the situation he was commenting on changed completely when Bassini rocked up and threw a spanner in the works - best laid plans and all that - and a lot of what he was saying related to "plans of an alleged potential buyer" rather than anything else. Add to that the likelihood that in a situation where there's a scramble to sell the club and  everyone from the owner to the creditors are trying to salvage what they can and it's bound to be volatile and changing daily.

Personally I found what he's written to be at least entertaining and to some degree informative, but like everything else written in internet chatrooms I don't necessarily believe it and certainly don't question his right to express an opinion - even if it is a load of bollocks - which we don't know for sure either way, so it's not worth getting wound up about.

15 hours ago, Offshore said:

If you're going to try and trip people up over their education at least try and spell rumour correctly 

13 hours ago, Mantra said:

Done some rough (very rough) working out in my head concerning how much it would take a rich owner to get us into the Premier League. This is a “throw money at it” solution rather than slow growth and promoting youth.

Obviously the club will make revenue so this won’t be total losses but potentially how much it could take if someone serious wanted to spaff their money on us to try and reach the promised land.

25 million to buy the club in admin/satisfy creditors. (Not 100% sure that’s right but think that’s been the ballpark figure)

25 million for two seasons in League One. Running cost/wages 800k a month for 24 months = 19.2 million, plus say 5 or 6 million for signings, assuming we get freebies and some cash signings - thought although we might be transfer embargoed, heard different things about that though.

55 million for three (seasons) attempts at getting out of the Championship - say we lose 1 million a month as wages increase and sign more players. That’s 36 million in running costs over three seasons. Plus another 20 million on signings.

all in all 110 million quid.

And that’s no guarantee we’d get up that’s just my idea of “throw money at it and hope we get the quality need” to go up.

Ive not a clue how much we could spend over those 5 seasons because of FFP Rules. Probably not as much as I’ve said which makes the job even harder.

Of course a rich owner might be happy to go for a slower rise but they equally might want to get there faster than in 5 seasons.

I suppose 110 million isn’t too crazy when you consider it’s costing 200-300 million+ to buy an average Premier League club.

You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one...

Anyway feel free to pick me apart on this. I don’t claim to be up to scratch with anything financial so I could be talking total bollocks. As long as there’s a club next season I’ll be satisfied but just wanted to go to dreamland for a while.

You are forgetting the very real possibility that we will go down to League Two first, adding another 2 years onto the start of all that above.   Especially if we start the season with a -21 points deduction, a transfer embargo and only 5 contracted players.

Just now, chrisw99 said:

You are forgetting the very real possibility that we will go down to League Two first, adding another 2 years onto the start of all that above.   Especially if we start the season with a -21 points deduction, a transfer embargo and only 5 contracted players.

Playoffs rather than straight up then.

1 minute ago, chrisw99 said:

Indeed, assuming that a rich owner bought us, I'd like to think we could stay up the first year, even with a points deduction. It seems unlikely though, relegation is a real possibility, especially if we on -20.

To be fair, last time in League One we got 86 points with a pretty average squad full of freebies. -20 from that would have seen us finish 10th, so I don't think it's too crazy an ask. So much hangs on the new owners and their recruitment/choice of manager.