Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

On 16/05/2019 at 15:05, Sluffy said:

Got me thinking a bit this.

Irrespective of who it was (Iles thinks Anderson) I've mentioned before that there is no reason the hotel could not be sold separately from the club - the hotel owns the part of the stadium it inhabits - it doesn't rent or lease it from Burnden Aces Leisure (see what I did there Boby?) - and as far as I'm aware doesn't come under either the EFL ruling about paying a minimum amount to unsecured creditors, nor is encumbered by the ST's ACV - so there's no reason stopping it doing a Pre Pact type exit from Admin if agreeable by the major creditors - who seem to be Ken and Michael James.

Maybe the idea (or part of it) is for Bolton Ventures (Whites) to buy from Admin the hotel for say £5m which wipes the slate clean of Anderson's debt and would presumably satisfy MJ to some extent as being a director of the company - owning an assets (the hotel) of around £8m based on the last published accounts.  I would think anybody else bidding for the hotel would have to stump up nearer the £8m amount to be competitive - as James would need to be squared off as a secured creditor on the hotel as well as Ken.

It would also make sense of a later time reacquisition from whoever goes on to buy the club, having a 'friendly' owner of the hotel being a big BWFC fan himself.

All absolute speculation on my part, and probably wildly wrong in how things do eventually turn out to be but it does make some sense (at least to me) of why MJ is a director of a company who seemingly are vastly underfunded to take on the club, would eventually provide an exit from the scene for Anderson (although he still on paper at least is a director of the club, hotel and BL as well as still having Eddie's debt to deal with) reduce some of the creditors (those who are unsecured to the hotel specifically - Heathcote perhaps?), at a rate far less than 25p in the £(?), and still retain the hotel within the Bolton 'family and friends' community, whilst no longer for now being under the Burnden Leisure umbrella?

Anyway, and more importantly -  what should I have for my tea tonight?

Any suggestions?

Humble pie given that you've finally accepted my concerns about Anderson from two years ago

But your speculation is valid - which is fair enough

Try to remember chat rooms are about the right to express opinions

8 hours ago, Mantra said:

I do agree with what you're saying, my point was more that players are probably going to be the first priority, seen as we have so few of them. Therefore, if we're overhauling the whole team then finding a new manager on top of that just adds to an already huge workload

If our next manager is to be the right choice, it might be worth waiting out PP for a short time until someone else is available and when the club is more settled and attractive to potential managers.

All the immediate managerial options will be the rejects OR will be in (pre-)season with their squads when this takeover is completed. Of course, it's not impossible to pay compensation or find someone who is available - but just another mess to sort out that won't be easy.

It's a tough one though because - is the new owner going to be another "superagent" who signs players based off financial decisions and the manager has to deal with what he's given, as PP seems to have had to do?

OR do the new owners want to go from the top down and get a manager in place first (possibly a DoF) and then liaise with them to identify the best players to sign.

While the latter option is no doubt better, do we have the time to do it? Possibly a week negotiating a compensation package with another club. 2-3 weeks identifying player targets. 1-4 weeks negotiating with clubs of those players/the players themselves.

Even if we DO have the time to do it, with a possible embargo in place, is our pool of options going to be too limited to sign players that fit a certain philosophy? It might be best to get a DoF in place first, keep PP as a placeholder manager, sign the best players we can in accordance with the DoF's views and then when the time is right, appoint a manager who becomes available and fits the DoF's views.

If money and time is no issue though then I'm fully for getting PP out the door ASAP. If it's the Chinese consortium then they already have football connections so all the issues I've raised may be invalid and they can get everything done quickly but that does seem too good to be true.

It's a rebuilding process and because of that getting rid of everyone and replacing them isn't something you can wave a magic wand at unless you're loaded.

Hope this doesn't come across as an angry post, I'm just venting my thoughts. 

On 15/05/2019 at 16:38, hughmungus said:

Think the hotel may end up being a management buy out from admin, its has been mentioned before and Suzanne the GM knows some serious people in the hospitality game. Would be the best option imo. 

I alluded to this earlier, in a much shorter post.

6 hours ago, Hoppy510 said:

Humble pie given that you've finally accepted my concerns about Anderson from two years ago

But your speculation is valid - which is fair enough

Try to remember chat rooms are about the right to express opinions

Eh???

You're as bad as Bonnar for posting pissed up shite in the middle of the night.

You were banned from Nuts for persistent abuse to myself and others after multiple warnings, and several temporary bans because of it, over a long period of time.  

You are utterly wrong to believe that you are entitled to post your wild twitter based hatred filled abuse laden rants against anyone as 'your right', as you will no doubt find on this forum too, if you dare to personally abuse these mods a fraction of what we tolerated from you.

My post which you quote isn't even about Anderson per se, it's about speculating if the hotel would possibly be sold off from the Burnden Leisure umbrella, in order to reduce the cost of the clubs purchase to simplify things, namely the settlement of a secured creditor (Anderson) maybe even James to an extent(?) thus reducing significantly the costs of exiting Administration for any potential purchaser of the club.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Matt said:

More clubs including Liverpool, Everton, Blackpool, Huddersfield and Leeds chipping in to help with staff wages. Fantastic effort 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

I’ll have no clubs left to hate at this rate booooo. I’m going soft.

Fair play to all of them. A disgrace that it’s come to this but looks promising for an end, or certainly easing, of the struggle for the staff. Can’t come soon enough for them. 

Respect to the football community

11 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Fair play to all of them. A disgrace that it’s come to this but looks promising for an end, or certainly easing, of the struggle for the staff. Can’t come soon enough for them. 

Respect to the football community

everton donated

a weeks wages

Edited by sleepingindian

2 hours ago, Sluffy said:

Eh???

You're as bad as Bonnar for posting pissed up shite in the middle of the night.

You were banned from Nuts for persistent abuse to myself and others after multiple warnings, and several temporary bans because of it, over a long period of time.  

You are utterly wrong to believe that you are entitled to post your wild twitter based hatred filled abuse laden rants against anyone as 'your right', as you will no doubt find on this forum too, if you dare to personally abuse these mods a fraction of what we tolerated from you.

My post which you quote isn't even about Anderson per se, it's about speculating if the hotel would possibly be sold off from the Burnden Leisure umbrella, in order to reduce the cost of the clubs purchase to simplify things, namely the settlement of a secured creditor (Anderson) maybe even James to an extent(?) thus reducing significantly the costs of exiting Administration for any potential purchaser of the club.

Seems to be that trouble follows you around. Maybe some self reflection would help?

btw is Bolton nuts shit?

54 minutes ago, Morizio said:

Seems to be that trouble follows you around. Maybe some self reflection would help?

btw is Bolton nuts shit?

It is now that everyone who disagrees with Mein Fuhrer has been banned on spurious trumped up pretexts. You'll love it if you enjoy reading vast tomes of horseshit and are prepared to swallow it without calling it out for what it is.

That said there are a few good posters left who are keeping it limping along.

Update: Just had a look and there have been just 3 or 4 posts in the last two days. Shame really as it used to be a good forum with plenty of banter and a "frank exchange of views" before the thought police killed it.

Edited by Hoppy510
Update

38 minutes ago, sleepingindian said:

hope he aint after a job

I bet we don’t even have a table tennis table these days

37 minutes ago, Hoppy510 said:

That's classy.

I hope that some of our more partisan fans remember to wind in their necks about Everton and PNE and other clubs that have helped out the staff.

Never really had a problem with either tbh.Perish the thought that the rags wiggin & t'rovers chip in though with trashmere & the dogheads waiting in the wings ......aaaagghhhh.

42 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

I bet we don’t even have a table tennis table these days

It’s currenlty sat outside middlebrook Asda with a throw over it and some out of date tins of pilchards top.  

44 minutes ago, Morizio said:

btw is Bolton nuts shit?

Seems it doesn't follow me around at all in real life, and that's all that matters.

I'm much too old to care about how social media junkies value their fake social media personas or their keyboard warrior posturing to feed their craving for recognition or more likely their need to seek attention for themselves.

I've taken the trouble to look at your recent posting history, I recommend others should too, it is just abuse after abuse.  Maybe you should be practising what you preach in terms of self reflection perhaps?

As for Nuts, the people who continue to post there must think it's fine.

We all support the same team wherever we choose to post, isn't that what counts the most?

1 hour ago, Hoppy510 said:

It is now that everyone who disagrees with Mein Fuhrer has been banned on spurious trumped up pretexts. You'll love it if you enjoy reading vast tomes of horseshit and are prepared to swallow it without calling it out for what it is.

That said there are a few good posters left who are keeping it limping along.

Update: Just had a look and there have been just 3 or 4 posts in the last two days. Shame really as it used to be a good forum with plenty of banter and a "frank exchange of views" before the thought police killed it.

For the record only THREE posters have ever been permanently excluded from Nuts, you being the last

We tolerate any views that people may have (within the law of course) even yours!

You were banned not because of any of the views you posted about but because of your constant personal ABUSE despite a multitude of warnings and short bans and for no other reason whatsoever.

Nuts is getting along quite fine thank you and clearly very much to your chagrin and self belief that it would collapse and fail without you.  It hasn't.

I can only think you are totally pissed off that no one made much of a fuss at your inevitable ban and that no one as left the site in sympathy with you.  

Hence perhaps the need to lie about how quiet we've been recently.

Of course Nuts is nowhere as busy as here, we never set off to be so, non of the few remaining BWFC forums are able to compete at that level.  We just set up as a forum of friends could chat about the club, have a laugh and get along amongst ourselves.

You would still be there if only you could tolerate other peoples views without ceaseless personal abuse, which in the end you weren't prepared to stop and which we no longer wanted to tolerate anymore.  You've only got yourself to blame.

As for comparing me to Hitler...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

The issue happed on Nuts some weeks back and is now closed, we have moved on.

You should too.