Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

They stopped things like kids parties 5yrs ago as a cost cutting excercise, look how well that worked, and then the fan zone went although in fairness it was only a half arsed operation at times, and that worked well, so they haven’t really given two hoots about the fan base for years.

Why dont they do kids for a fiver and then stick a unit outside the main turnstiles selling replica shirts, t shirts et etc at decent prices and try and create a new “club” like City have dint with their citizens scheme. It’s not rocket science ffs.

20 minutes ago, Ratwhite said:

Administrators running "month to month" sounds like pre-season could be a bit fucked up.

Direct debits not expected to go out this month I take it?  

No expert on this but if you mean for next season I’ve seen nothing released and I’d hazard a guess they need to be sure fixtures will be played next year before offering out ST’s

i normally pay via DD but suspect this won’t be an option this time due to timescales?

7 minutes ago, tomski said:

No expert on this but if you mean for next season I’ve seen nothing released and I’d hazard a guess they need to be sure fixtures will be played next year before offering out ST’s

i normally pay via DD but suspect this won’t be an option this time due to timescales?

The DD is not due again until July 1st as last time it run for 10 month period as for not allowing DD this time they have to as the majority cannot afford the upfront cost what will happen is the DD will start in August 19

6 hours ago, Hoppy510 said:

To me it makes sense to keep catering and other add-ons in house providing it's managed well and even more sense if the empty seats are filled, especially with kids who are the fan base of the future when we're all dead.

Always been an advocate of "kids for a quid" and schools & community liaison etc because they all want food. drink and maybe the occasional shirt or replica Wanderers v AC Milan coffee mug. Tying in with education and apprenticeship programmes would be a winner. Only downside is that bigger crowds may incur additional policing costs but all that can be negotiated if the management have a brain. And if you can show that it's a proper family club policing bills can be negotiated down.

Changing the fan profile and keeping profits in house has been a massive success in other sports and in other countries e.g American Football where you have a captive audience who need feeding for 3 hours or more. Community family friendly club with free/cheap tickets for target markets is the way forward to sustainability I reckon - providing there's some top notch retail management in place. There's so much more that can be done eg a half time show of local talent who would be delighted for the opportunity to perform and bring their families/friends/fans along - just needs a bit of creativity to boost profits.

Macron is supposed to be a community facility. Why not make it one?

Pre match could invite 2 local kids teams for a match or a shoot out from half way line, give kids a free ticket and charge parents a £10 invite all age groups, there are loads of local junior teams with 100s of kids playing. I’d rather watch kids play football pre match and at half time than the reebok rebels. 

1 hour ago, Chrisj said:

The DD is not due again until July 1st as last time it run for 10 month period as for not allowing DD this time they have to as the majority cannot afford the upfront cost what will happen is the DD will start in August 19

Understand that mate but as a club we are living in different times. I may we’ll be wrong but I can’t remember a club going into June with no info on season tickets. It may we’ll go like that. I suppose it’s the new owners decision.

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Pre match could invite 2 local kids teams for a match or a shoot out from half way line, give kids a free ticket and charge parents a £10 invite all age groups, there are loads of local junior teams with 100s of kids playing. I’d rather watch kids play football pre match and at half time than the reebok rebels. 

That's exactly the kind of thing - a match across each half of the pitch. Not just football either: Karate clubs, model aircraft flying, that daft Irish dancing thing competition that loads of girls do, Just need a bit of imagination although I'd probably draw the line at the local motorcycle display team or a dog show on the pitch pre-match. Point is to get the whole community involved, generate a bit of income, open the door to applying for community grants, create an argument for reduction of taxes and futureproof the fan base.

Could also do deals with local tradesmen to do the stadium maintenance programme by dividing up the areas into manageable packages that they are responsible for maintaining or decorating - or creating artwork on - in return for a "plaque" to advertise their businesses and tickets e.g. "These bogs are painted by..."

Could do with a fresh lick of paint every so often these days. Ground is looking a bit shabby.

18 minutes ago, Hoppy510 said:

That's exactly the kind of thing - a match across each half of the pitch. Not just football either: Karate clubs, model aircraft flying, that daft Irish dancing thing competition that loads of girls do, Just need a bit of imagination although I'd probably draw the line at the local motorcycle display team or a dog show on the pitch pre-match. Point is to get the whole community involved, generate a bit of income, open the door to applying for community grants, create an argument for reduction of taxes and futureproof the fan base.

Could also do deals with local tradesmen to do the stadium maintenance programme by dividing up the areas into manageable packages that they are responsible for maintaining or decorating - or creating artwork on - in return for a "plaque" to advertise their businesses and tickets e.g. "These bogs are painted by..."

Could do with a fresh lick of paint every so often these days. Ground is looking a bit shabby.

Well said, I agree with what has been said about getting fans to the club, especially young fans. Took my 10 year old daughter to the Villa game and she was bored shitless. Nothing to do at all.

I remember as a kid going to an after school education club, you would do some sports education and then you would have a kick about. I was only about 8/9 years old, but it was brilliant. Got to meet the players, the mascot, tour round the stadium, playing head tennis in the changing rooms. It was great. 

If this club is to thrive again, getting the crowds back has to be a priority

31 minutes ago, Pricey said:

Are we due back in court today?

Shouldn’t be as admin sets the winding up petitions to one side. There is literally no ability for the creditors to progress action against the club at this time. 

So so you can stop worrying in this respect 

Just now, Escobarp said:

Shouldn’t be as admin sets the winding up petitions to one side. There is literally no ability for the creditors to progress action against the club at this time. 

So so you can stop worrying in this respect 

Cheers Escobarp, not clued up on all this administration malarkey 

15 minutes ago, Pricey said:

Cheers Escobarp, not clued up on all this administration malarkey 

We are in court but it is up to judge whether admin is accepted which it should be then it will get adjourned to a later date 

11 minutes ago, Chrisj said:

We are in court but it is up to judge whether admin is accepted which it should be then it will get adjourned to a later date 

The company is in administration. That process cannot be stopped as it was approved by a court and a judge at the time. 

do you want to share with us why you believe a court can now reverse this?

At the last hearing there was an intention to do it now it’s been done we still have to go back today so the judge can approve it so it can be adjourned until later date a court of law can stop admin but it is very extreme anyway we were case 22 today

It was adjourned last time post the notices of intent. 

Subsequently to that the company WAS placed into administration which was approved by a court. This sets aside the winding  Up petition and prevents any further creditor action whilst the company is in admin. 

Nobody has to approve anything. Unless uk insolvency laws have changed in which case I would be glad if you could share these? 

That is the key for sure, but to maximise returns the whole matchday experience needs revolutionising, this day and age there are so many other things competing for business, including the best team in the world at one end of the East Lancashire Road and the next champs league winners at the other end. BWFC has to change or die.    

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

That is the key for sure, but to maximise returns the whole matchday experience needs revolutionising, this day and age there are so many other things competing for business, including the best team in the world at one end of the East Lancashire Road and the next champs league winners at the other end. BWFC has to change or die.    

I'd argue football has to change or die. Far too much money is going to players/agents for the clubs to sustain. The majority of clubs are an owner getting bored away from going bust

8 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

I'd argue football has to change or die. Far too much money is going to players/agents for the clubs to sustain. The majority of clubs are an owner getting bored away from going bust

Agreed. The whole model is completely fucked.

A few kids events isn’t going to stop a club like us haemorrhaging money on overinflated player wages, agent fees and whopping bills for a stadium the size of ours. 

Unless we and many other clubs find someone to cover the unavoidable losses we are just kicking the can down the road.

Honeslty think once a big club goes pop, the whole system will crash and implode.

It just can’t carry on as it is. 

16 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Agreed. The whole model is completely fucked.

A few kids events isn’t going to stop a club like us haemorrhaging money on overinflated player wages, agent fees and whopping bills for a stadium the size of ours. 

Unless we and many other clubs find someone to cover the unavoidable losses we are just kicking the can down the road.

Honeslty think once a big club goes pop, the whole system will crash and implode.

It just can’t carry on as it is. 

The main issue here is that there is so much prize money at the end of the tunnel. Because the Premier League is such a massive gold pot for clubs, people are willing to invest millions to try and gain promotion. This means that large amounts of debt are placed on these clubs in the hope of getting hundreds of millions in the prem. If there wasn't so much money at the top, there wouldn't be so much dumb investment at the bottom. 

Personally, I think a lot of people who truly love football will turn away from the top leagues as UEFA and VAR destroy things. The sport is being sanitized by idiots -- this might mean people turn towards the lower leagues for true (and more affordable) entertainment.