Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

Doesn't the potential new owners have to do all the relevant checks with the EFL before posting a bid? I am pretty sure I have seen an article from the administrators to say if the checks hadn't been done then they wouldn't entertain a bid

9 minutes ago, Pricey said:

Doesn't the potential new owners have to do all the relevant checks with the EFL before posting a bid? I am pretty sure I have seen an article from the administrators to say if the checks hadn't been done then they wouldn't entertain a bid

I think they have to get EFL approval of the funding. Not sure that means EFL will have signed off the complete thing. I suspect that the timeframe till 7th is too tight for that. Administrators will want assurances that the funding in place is acceptable to the EFL. That is where most bids fall down. At least two groups trying to buy us in the past tripped up there. 

2 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

I think they have to get EFL approval of the funding. Not sure that means EFL will have signed off the complete thing. I suspect that the timeframe till 7th is too tight for that. Administrators will want assurances that the funding in place is acceptable to the EFL. That is where most bids fall down. At least two groups trying to buy us in the past tripped up there. 

Didn't the EFL say that these checks were a priority for them to ensure the process was completed as quickly as possible?

Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

That's worse:D

Reckon there should be a web site: confusedasfuck.com- where we can go to have anything explained. Bit like those adverts for fosters.

I don't think anyone can make sense of this mess pal especially not 2 sheila's but that would be brilliant though, probably go something like this

"Gooday"

"Hi Guys, its Pricey from Bolton"

"Gooday"

"I need help, I am really confused as to what is going on at BWFC, can you guys help clear things up"

*Silent tone, fuckers put the phone down

56 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

Maybe the accounts will one day prove one of us right 

Why do we need accounts?

KA's "pumped" low millions in... and charged us a consultancy fee for the privilege... not certain about if he charged us interest as well....    

• Site Supporter

Afternoon all , I've been reading this thread from day one some of it as been like wading through porridge some as passed by me tumbleweed style and I may be setting myself up here to be called thick as pig muck but here goes. Could someone explain to me who gets the £25 million it costs to buy us if nobody owns us ?🤨

46 minutes ago, Good Knee said:

Afternoon all , I've been reading this thread from day one some of it as been like wading through porridge some as passed by me tumbleweed style and I may be setting myself up here to be called thick as pig muck but here goes. Could someone explain to me who gets the £25 million it costs to buy us if nobody owns us ?🤨

Good question that was asked a couple of weeks ago.Nobody was able to give a breakdown of who would be getting what out of the £25 million

16 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Good question that was asked a couple of weeks ago.Nobody was able to give a breakdown of who would be getting what out of the £25 million

Wasn’t the 14 million running costs for 2 season, , the 11 million between secured football creditors who receive 100% of what they are owed and the balance to non secured who take a hair cut. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

18 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Wasn’t the 14 million running costs for 2 season, , the 11 million between secured football creditors who receive 100% of what they are owed and the balance to non secured who take a hair cut. 

Sluffy gave a general answer like that one but when asked again couldn't be more specific.

How much is Ken getting, how much are the Davies family getting, how much is the Warbie family getting?

If anybody knows who is specifically  getting what out of the £25 million it hasn't been posted on here

1 minute ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Sluffy gave a general answer like that one but when asked again couldn't be more specific.

How much is Ken getting, how much are the Davies family getting, how much is the Warbie family getting?

If anybody knows who is specifically  getting what out of the £25 million it hasn't been posted on here

To be fair I don't think any one can be more specific... We've not seen financialy statements for near enough 2 years, and anyone who has seen the true picture will be under an NDA. 

1 hour ago, Good Knee said:

It’s been said 25 million is not the sale price, that’s the amount of money necessary to own and run the club.

So out of that 25 million, some will go to the major creditors - Eddie Davies Trust, Michael James, Brett Warburton.

Some will go to everyone else we haven’t paid, Forest Green (Doidge) etc.

And some of that 25 million is the running costs of the club for 2 years.

• Moderators
8 hours ago, DLH said:

He's pumped enough in to keep them viable, he gets back what he puts in when he can, but the last accounts were something like £150m in loans from Ashley to the club (and key interest free)... I'd love to have seen interest free loans at Bolton over the last 25 years or so... 

Don't get me wrong, I want a Sheikh Mansour, but if we get someone like an Ashley I'd be fine with that.   

Why would interest free loans have helped?

1 hour ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

This was my best guess about the breakdown after I received a bit of feedback from my first attempt.

Can't say I'm happy about it but I guess it does give some idea of where the money is required.

Anderson is a secured creditor for £5m, so I assume he will seek to get all of that, Warburton is secured for £2.5 and James £5.5m but they may settle for less or in James cases possibly swap debt for equity in the new company owning the club.

I couldn't square it at all in my mind whether Eddie had anything secured in the club - we were told he had £10m - that was triggered on performance targets such as reaching the Premier League in a certain time - so guess his reported £10m doesn't come into play?

Otherwise what I've said previously is still the best breakdown I can come up with.