Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

1 hour ago, Ratwhite said:

If there are NDAs in place. How is Iles printed that "Bassini bid on track"

No fucker really knows who's bid and who's backing bids. 

Exactly, Iles likes to use words like "believed" and "understood", so he's clutching at straws really.

1 hour ago, bwfcfan5 said:

A terrible manager? Is he? Really? He worked miracles here against the odds. He got Bradford out of league two and turned them into promotion contenders. There are many managers I’d describe as terrible. Parky isn’t one. He’s solid, competent. You might say uninspiring. Sure. But we aren’t looking at fancy dan types. We will be signing the sorts of players he signed for Bradford. 

You get better and better 

36 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

And what manager do you think would have magically turned that shitshow of a season round? You live in a dreamworld. A whole host of our league one competitors would swap their manager for Parky. That tells you something. I’d like a fresh start but within a few weeks the usual suspects will be calling for the next guys head. It’s as obvious as anything. No magic manager is available. It’s going to be a grind. We will be playing basic football with basic players. Whoever is in charge. Parky almost certainly has better credentials for lower league football than the next guy will. 

Laughably predictable.

The facts are we were shit and it was really shit to watch. That much so that folk stopped attending. 

7 minutes ago, TroySwoosh said:

whats the maximum number of loan players allowed?

I mentioned in the other thread Portsmouth were given the green light by the football league to sign 10 players on short term loans as they only had youngsters on the books 

Edited by radcliffe white

A terrible manager? Is he? Really? He worked miracles here against the odds. He got Bradford out of league two and turned them into promotion contenders. There are many managers I’d describe as terrible. Parky isn’t one. He’s solid, competent. You might say uninspiring. Sure. But we aren’t looking at fancy dan types. We will be signing the sorts of players he signed for Bradford. 

Yes he’s an awful manager. Good bloke/liaison officer whatever. 

19 minutes ago, Morizio said:

Laughably predictable.

The facts are we were shit and it was really shit to watch. That much so that folk stopped attending. 

Yeah with players going on strike, not being paid and not wanting to be here. It was not exactly the managers fault. Some things were. But some perspective is needed. We are in for a relegation fight. What sort of football are you expecting with a rag tag bottom of the barrel team? 

6 minutes ago, tomski said:

Yes he’s an awful manager. Good bloke/liaison officer whatever. 

He’s not even close to the worst manager we’ve had in the last decade. Let alone the last 30 years. Let alone everyone else. The lack of perspective is startling. Since Allardyce every manager has been bad. Or is it that the club has been sliding and each job got progressively harder and less and less likely anyone will be successful? 

Hes been promoted out of league one twice. There are managers who will operate at that level all their careers and never once exit via that route....

• Site Supporter
16 minutes ago, Morizio said:

Laughably predictable.

But, but, but- the guy that knows everything said we can't do any better.

There's not a single person that could manage better apparently. Doesn't matter who does it because we can only employ shit players.

Might as well just not bother and pack the whole thing in.

Let Bassini have it, make everyone wear red helmets and enjoy the slippery slope into non existence.

Aspiration, passion, human nature count for fuck all apparently. We shit and therefore are not entitled to want to be anything other than shit.

FFS Nat, Eddie, Speed, will be turning in their graves and ex-players shaking their heads if they got to read some of his drivel.

From the dark days of the 80s to europe; none of that was achieved without belief and a desire to improve. Hopefully the new owners will share that and prove the Parkyphile wrong.

2 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

He’s not even close to the worst manager we’ve had in the last decade. Let alone the last 30 years. Let alone everyone else. The lack of perspective is startling. Since Allardyce every manager has been bad. Or is it that the club has been sliding and each job got progressively harder and less and less likely anyone will be successful? 

Hes been promoted out of league one twice. There are managers who will operate at that level all their careers and never once exit via that route....

A new manage gets a fresh start, it’s that’s simple. Untainted.

Have you given your head a wobble yet?

36 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

But, but, but- the guy that knows everything said we can't do any better.

There's not a single person that could manage better apparently. Doesn't matter who does it because we can only employ shit players.

Might as well just not bother and pack the whole thing in.

Let Bassini have it, make everyone wear red helmets and enjoy the slippery slope into non existence.

Aspiration, passion, human nature count for fuck all apparently. We shit and therefore are not entitled to want to be anything other than shit.

FFS Nat, Eddie, Speed, will be turning in their graves and ex-players shaking their heads if they got to read some of his drivel.

From the dark days of the 80s to europe; none of that was achieved without belief and a desire to improve. Hopefully the new owners will share that and prove the Parkyphile wrong.

You understand there is a difference between trying to improve and being unrealistically stupid don’t you? And from the 80s to Europe a feature was having a manager at different times able to do the relevant job at hand.

The first job at hand is survival in league one. Followed by within a couple of years trying to get up again. If there is someone better than Parky with more experience of such battles (and success doing it) then great. Get them. But it’s a nonsense to describe him as a terrible manager and shows a complete lack of understanding about what’s happened here in the past few years. 

I will be there next year regardless of manager or owner. Cos it’s Bolton Wanderers. And I will clap whoever runs out of the tunnel in our shirts because my club needs it’s support more than ever. 

Edited by bwfcfan5

Dress it up how you like. He’s shite. He’s given us 2 awful seasons and would of been potted at any of the other 91 clubs. 

He is too stubborn to change and is waiting for Gary Madine 2 to appear. Garbage.

Which other club has he been promoted with?

13 minutes ago, tomski said:

Dress it up how you like. He’s shite. He’s given us 2 awful seasons and would of been potted at any of the other 91 clubs. 

He is too stubborn to change and is waiting for Gary Madine 2 to appear. Garbage.

At any other club he’d not have had players on strike, embargoes, having his best players sold and not replaced and shopping in bargain bins would he?

He wasn’t sacked here because the circumstances meant that the job he did was far from terrible. It’s not black and white. Last season was awful but was it likely to be any different with another manager? Not in my view. Not at all. Is Parky someone to pick up a club and single handedly lift it? No. I’d agree he isn’t. But next season is more likely to be a fight than anything else and when Parky goes we will need someone with similar experience and qualities. And no doubt you will still moan because expectations seem wildly out of kilter with reality.

First PP season was a massive overachievement in getting us promoted when we looked more likely to go down again. ( the wage bill was irrelevant because it was inflated by the likes of Deryk, Pratley, Mavies, Amos etc who contributed nothing to the promotion. The players who took us up were turned around by PP, free transfers & cast offs on a bogstandard Div 1 wage bill )

Second PP season, PP performed a miracle in keeping us up in the championship with a Div 1 squad, a transfer embargo, a wages cap & the sale & non replacement of his most important player mid season.

Third PP season, no manager could have kept us up with such a poor squad & no money to strengthen.

I hope Parky is manager is next season & is given the chance / money to bring in the players he actually wants rather than picking from the dross that nobody else wants, but I'll be renewing & backing the club whoever the manager is.

30 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

At any other club he’d not have had players on strike, embargoes, having his best players sold and not replaced and shopping in bargain bins would he?

He wasn’t sacked here because the circumstances meant that the job he did was far from terrible. It’s not black and white. Last season was awful but was it likely to be any different with another manager? Not in my view. Not at all. Is Parky someone to pick up a club and single handedly lift it? No. I’d agree he isn’t. But next season is more likely to be a fight than anything else and when Parky goes we will need someone with similar experience and qualities. And no doubt you will still moan because expectations seem wildly out of kilter with reality.

He wasn’t sacked because King ken wouldn’t pay out or anything. No other reason.

Im not saying it’s all his fault, far from it. In the things he could influence though he let down massively with his odd selections, one trick formation and his being a right back off for a striker trick which to my knowledge has never ever worked. 

As for last time in L1 we should of walked the division with the squad we had. But promotion is a promotion and a season of achievement end of.

I also don’t see Phil as a fighter in any sort of way. A yes man and nice bloke? Absolutely. 

We need a change and a fresh start.

Everyone firmly believes we will be fighting relegation

in order to fight relegation we need 4 wins just to put us on par with everyone else 

we will be shopping in the aisle Poundland don’t even have. 

Has PP made a success of shopping in that aisle? No 

do I back him to serve up football which enables us to get better results than the rest and avoid relegation? No 

that’s it. 

8 minutes ago, tomski said:

He wasn’t sacked because King ken wouldn’t pay out or anything. No other reason.

Im not saying it’s all his fault, far from it. In the things he could influence though he let down massively with his odd selections, one trick formation and his being a right back off for a striker trick which to my knowledge has never ever worked. 

As for last time in L1 we should of walked the division with the squad we had. But promotion is a promotion and a season of achievement end of.

I also don’t see Phil as a fighter in any sort of way. A yes man and nice bloke? Absolutely. 

We need a change and a fresh start.

Correct mate 

he had a bloody good squad of players last time in league 1 compared to others, and at times made it hard work people forget some of dross served up but he got us up so well done but let’s not get giddy 

last 2 seasons in championship he has chopped & changed so many times and baffled so many along the way 

fighter now that’s a laugh when interviewed looks like a beaten man