Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

35 minutes ago, tomski said:

He wasn’t sacked because King ken wouldn’t pay out or anything. No other reason.

Im not saying it’s all his fault, far from it. In the things he could influence though he let down massively with his odd selections, one trick formation and his being a right back off for a striker trick which to my knowledge has never ever worked. 

As for last time in L1 we should of walked the division with the squad we had. But promotion is a promotion and a season of achievement end of.

I also don’t see Phil as a fighter in any sort of way. A yes man and nice bloke? Absolutely. 

We need a change and a fresh start.

The bury based manc is correct.

13 minutes ago, darrener said:

If Parkinson is manager next season the ground will be empty. Fact 

If we are winning matches people will come, simple as that.

I've lost count of the number of managers or owners that people say is keeping them away - Megson, Freedman, Parkinson, Anderson.

I get wanting PP our but given the potential bidders are not going to be folk with silly money, who do folk think we could attract given we have 6 players and starting from scratch? In my opinion if we do pot him we would be better promoting from within, possibly David Lee and Julian Darby. Cant see any other viable option. 

I don't know what's worse people still sticking up for parky or people spelling it Parki? 

He seems like a nice bloke but his football is shit and has been for 2 seasons (we won enough in L1 to numb the pain) the only way forward for the club is a clean slate. 

Is there anything to read into activity on the Companies House website for Burnden Leisure Limited with the filing of the Appointment of an Administrator just happening 10 minutes ago?

Why would that not have happened on the day administration was announced? 

Edited by Shortricci

13 minutes ago, Shortricci said:

Is there anything to read into activity on the Companies House website for Burnden Leisure Limited with the filing of the Appointment of an Administrator just happening 10 minutes ago?

Why would that not have happened on the day administration was announced? 

It wasn't filed 10 minutes ago - we were discussing it on Monday!

Look back in the thread, your questions have already been answered.

Just now, Ani said:

I agree with all that. Apart from final paragraph. Sometimes you just need a fresh start with fresh ideas and new faces. 

I do not blame Parky for relegation and realistically if you think of the attitude of the players back end he had an impossible job. 

I would pay him everything he is owed and thank him but move on. Some of the fucking idiots on here who have called him every name under the sun are an embarrassment. I genuinely think leaving would be good for him and the club. I personally would wish him all the best for the future. He has been dignified and decent at a time when few others involved in the club have been. 

Amen to that. 

I like the bloke, I like his demeanour and respect his achievements in getting and keeping us up as well as being dignified when the shit hit the fan. 

However his football is absolutely terrible, he’s as stubborn as our peg and his freezing out of certain players and refusal employ in game management or consistent attack minded football makes me want to never witness another single minute of football under his management. 

He did a job. Just. Thanks and all that but toodle pip. 

For me, I think a new manager is needed but I don't think it is going to happen, The football has been shite over the last 2 season's but with everything going on behind the scenes it is understandable to an extent I suppose. The problem is who can we attract to take over as manager? We are a sinking ship for at least another 12 months, we aren't getting out of L1 next season unless some miracle happens. Every chance the new owners won't have deep pockets. More than likely an embargo will be placed on the club so we will probably have some journeymen playing for us who won't give a shit about the club, but yet we would still have to attract these players. Any manager or players in their right minds will look at our club and the recent history and think fuck that!!! 

• Moderators
4 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

You live in a dreamworld. A whole host of our league one competitors would swap their manager for Parky. That tells you something.

It doesn't

You made that up

3 minutes ago, Pricey said:

For me, I think a new manager is needed but I don't think it is going to happen, The football has been shite over the last 2 season's but with everything going on behind the scenes it is understandable to an extent I suppose. The problem is who can we attract to take over as manager? We are a sinking ship for at least another 12 months, we aren't getting out of L1 next season unless some miracle happens. Every chance the new owners won't have deep pockets. More than likely an embargo will be placed on the club so we will probably have some journeymen playing for us who won't give a shit about the club, but yet we would still have to attract these players. Any manager or players in their right minds will look at our club and the recent history and think fuck that!!! 

It is football. We would have at least 20 applicants. 

19 minutes ago, Ani said:

I agree with all that. Apart from final paragraph. Sometimes you just need a fresh start with fresh ideas and new faces. 

I do not blame Parky for relegation and realistically if you think of the attitude of the players back end he had an impossible job. 

I would pay him everything he is owed and thank him but move on. Some of the fucking idiots on here who have called him every name under the sun are an embarrassment. I genuinely think leaving would be good for him and the club. I personally would wish him all the best for the future. He has been dignified and decent at a time when few others involved in the club have been. 

Exactly where I’m at. Have one of those dodgy love hearts on the bottom right of your post.

Edited by rochdale white

10 minutes ago, Burnden Pies said:

So someone remind me how PP got on with Hull and Charlton in the Championship again? What was his and his fan club's excuse back then?

Here you go - I posted this a month or so ago ... 

He has managed 2 other clubs at championship level and his record is    

Hull City in 2006/07 he won 4 games in 21 and was sacked with them 23rd in the League .

Two years later in 2008/09 he moves up from assistant manager at Charlton to manager and in 28 games in charge they also won 4 games and were relegated 

With us in 2017/18 and 2018/19 has won 18 in 88 

In total - 137 championship matches won 26 of those 

I cannot see any new owner keeping  him ... whoever takes over will bring in their own man , someone who buys into the new owners vision and someone capable in time of moving up the divisions with the squad they assemble 

If Bassini is still in the game, how bad must that 6th candidate have been? (The one who got eliminated.)

Thought the 25k and 25 million was supposed to put off the chancers. Not sure it has. Hopefully one thing that howard said is true, “wealth whispers”, and we’ve got a mute billionaire in the wings.

Doubt it.

Think it will be FV.

15 minutes ago, Shortricci said:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00043026/filing-history

If you had bothered to look back as I suggested you did, you would have found out that the Administrators (the same ones for both the club AND Burnden Leisure) were appointed on the 13th May.

And yet again I refer you to what had already been discussed about the various apparent delays/discrepancies in regards to the timings of Companies House receiving and registering such information provided to them.

10 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

If you had bothered to look back as I suggested you did, you would have found out that the Administrators (the same ones for both the club AND Burnden Leisure) were appointed on the 13th May.

And yet again I refer you to what had already been discussed about the various apparent delays/discrepancies in regards to the timings of Companies House receiving and registering such information provided to them.

I’d imagine, like most people that poster skimmed through all of your shite and other stuff from cuntodiet. 

Truth can hurt😉

BWFCfan5 - you say 'A whole host of our league one competitors would swap their manager for Parky. That tells you something'

If he's so wanted why has no other club come in for him OR why has he not fcuked off then ? As you obviously know everything about him can you please inform us which other clubs want him.

I would guess that around 80%-85% (probably even more) of the fan base can't stand Parkinson and his boring, ultra defensive, negative, long ball shite football & wanted him out last season, the biggest mistake any new owner can do is keep Parkinson. If they want the fans to get behind them the 1st thing any new owners need to do is get rid of Parkinson quickly, and I suspect that any new owner will know this and have their own new management team primed & ready.

Edited by Jeebster

23 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

No need to be a dick, not everyone is a pantomath!!!

18 minutes ago, Jeebster said:

BWFCfan5 - you say 'A whole host of our league one competitors would swap their manager for Parky. That tells you something'

If he's so wanted why has no other club come in for him OR why has he not fcuked off then ? As you obviously know everything about him can you please inform us which other clubs want him.

I would guess that around 80%-85% (probably even more) of the fan base can't stand Parkinson and his boring, ultra defensive, negative, long ball shite football & wanted him out last season, the biggest mistake any new owner can do is keep Parkinson. If they want the fans to get behind them the 1st thing any new owners need to do is get rid of Parkinson quickly, and I suspect that any new owner will know this and have their own new management team primed & ready.

And I bet you that after a year you’ll be saying similar things about the next bloke. And the one after....

I think a fresh start is best all round, but pointless doing it for sake of it. We need someone with better experience and better managerial skills. Otherwise what is the point? Someone with a proven track record in league one at least.

19 minutes ago, Morizio said:

I’d imagine, like most people that poster skimmed through all of your shite and other stuff from cuntodiet. 

Truth can hurt😉

Actually to the contrary. I had enjoyed reading Sluffy's posts in great detail over the past months. However, like others I have grown tired of the day to day woes of being a Wanderers fan and waned away from reading each and every post on this thread.

Shame that when you finally want to contribute to the discussion you get a bellended response...