Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

7 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

We will be signing the dregs of the frees list. Doesn’t matter who the manager is - we will be signing whatever is left.

Most of these posts about the manager are plain embarrassing. Whoever the manager is the next couple of seasons will be a horrible grind. Amazing how some haven’t after about a decade woken up to the reality staring us in the face.

Well PP fan club now down to 2?(now Eavesy has clarified his opinion- fully agree mate)

Fanny5 & Cas (i think)

Not slating him as a person and no doubt he has had tonnes of shit to put up with. But way most home matches since Boxing Day made me feel it would be a no ta from me if hes in charge next season. And thats even appreciating we might be lucky to still have a club/be able to field a competitive first XI at all.

53 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00043026/filing-history

If you had bothered to look back as I suggested you did, you would have found out that the Administrators (the same ones for both the club AND Burnden Leisure) were appointed on the 13th May.

And yet again I refer you to what had already been discussed about the various apparent delays/discrepancies in regards to the timings of Companies House receiving and registering such information provided to them.

You beat me to it, Sluffy. I noticed that this morning. It also looks like the time limit for filing is seven days. Eight weeks sounded way too long.

22 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

And I bet you that after a year you’ll be saying similar things about the next bloke. And the one after....

I think a fresh start is best all round, but pointless doing it for sake of it. We need someone with better experience and better managerial skills. Otherwise what is the point? Someone with a proven track record in league one at least.

Why cant you just answer the initial question ?

With you being so informed about all things Parkinson, I asked you to inform us who this 'whole host of our league one competitors' are who want Parkinson as their manager - but it was just the usual pro Parkinson 'bullshit' from you based on nothing.

9 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

I wonder if we'll find out who the 5 bidders are after today's deadline?

Probably not, Iles posted he wasn't sure if the winning bidders would even be announced on Friday. I'd not be surprised if we don't know any of the others. FV, Bassini and the winners if it's none of those could be the ones we hear.

Think a lot seem to be expecting FV to get it. Given the Michael James link and all. Not sure how I feel about them having so many different backers during the process though.

1 hour ago, Ani said:

I agree with all that. Apart from final paragraph. Sometimes you just need a fresh start with fresh ideas and new faces. 

I do not blame Parky for relegation and realistically if you think of the attitude of the players back end he had an impossible job. 

I would pay him everything he is owed and thank him but move on. Some of the fucking idiots on here who have called him every name under the sun are an embarrassment. I genuinely think leaving would be good for him and the club. I personally would wish him all the best for the future. He has been dignified and decent at a time when few others involved in the club have been. 

He’s a nice bloke. I don’t think anyone disputes that? 

I would also wish him well somewhere else. 

Other than call him shite has pp been called owt else?

He has been dignified absolutely. You’d need to be for 3 years with Ken.

I do wish he’d of challenged ken a lot more like a wilder type. (Opposite of pp seems a knob but is a good manager)

Going off your post I think you agree it’s time for a change?

36 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

And I bet you that after a year you’ll be saying similar things about the next bloke. And the one after....

I think a fresh start is best all round, but pointless doing it for sake of it. We need someone with better experience and better managerial skills. Otherwise what is the point? Someone with a proven track record in league one at least.

Parki hasn’t been being paid, so if he was that much in demand from all of these other clubs it would have been a great time to poach him. Offer him a job, where he actually gets paid! How novel.

Except that didn’t happen? He’s still here. Facts eh!

1 hour ago, Ani said:

It is football. We would have at least 20 applicants. 

But out of them 20, how many do you think would be able to take us forward? How many would be decent? We aren't going to attract managers from the upper echelons (I don't mean a world class type manager, just someone who has managed in either of the top 2 leagues) I don't even think we could attract another manager from L1

Top and bottom is that the football is shit under Parky.

Can we not just move on and choose to employ one of the other billion people that would do the job. It migh work out, it might not.

Are we not allowed just one go at being remotely entertained? Otherwise I really cannot be arsed.

6 minutes ago, clown said:

Top and bottom is that the football is shit under Parky.

Can we not just move on and choose to employ one of the other billion people that would do the job. It migh work out, it might not.

Are we not allowed just one go at being remotely entertained? Otherwise I really cannot be arsed.

Who would you go for? I think Grant McCann from Doncaster would do a good job, but don't think we could get him. Quite a few decent managers knocking about, young ones too, but I just feel we don't have the pulling power to get them onboard

Edited by Pricey

11 minutes ago, Razaldo9 said:

Probably not, Iles posted he wasn't sure if the winning bidders would even be announced on Friday. I'd not be surprised if we don't know any of the others. FV, Bassini and the winners if it's none of those could be the ones we hear.

Think a lot seem to be expecting FV to get it. Given the Michael James link and all. Not sure how I feel about them having so many different backers during the process though.

I'm gutted the Chinese are apparently out of the picture - not just for the money that they obviously have, but for the fact they already have a football team and have not baulked at aiming high with several high profile signings on big wages - and would possibly have a few players on their books they could lend us to start rebuilding the squad with. 

As for Parky, I don't imagine he's twiddling his thumbs waiting to find out if he's still got a job. Whilst he remains our manager he's still a creditor, and I would be very surprised if he hasn't got at least one horse in the ownership race  who have reassured him he'd be their choice. Presumably in touch with other clubs too as a precautionary measure.

14 minutes ago, Shortricci said:

Actually to the contrary. I had enjoyed reading Sluffy's posts in great detail over the past months. However, like others I have grown tired of the day to day woes of being a Wanderers fan and waned away from reading each and every post on this thread.

Shame that when you finally want to contribute to the discussion you get a bellended response...

I'm sorry if you found my reply to be 'bellended'.

Clearly no one else were going to give you a full answer to your question, and similarly I hadn't the enthusiasm to do so myself, particularly because of the fact it had already been answered two days previously.

I did however trouble myself to try to help you by referring you to the historical information contained in this thread.

Clearly you didn't wish to take up my advise, or thank me for my bother and replied to me by posting a link to Companies House which showed the filing history of BL.

This necessitated me to reply back to you with a link to BWFAC showing its filing history and the appointment of the Administrator being recorded on the 10th June.  Looking further at that entry would lead you to a PDF showing that the Administrators were actually appointed on the 13th May and the completed form to Companies House signed and dated the 22nd May!

I've learned my lesson though I won't trouble myself trying to be of any help to you in the future and hopefully some non 'bellend' will give you a full and informed answer instead - or more likely not.

I'm further sorry if you feel I've somehow preventing you contributing to the discussion by pointing you in the right direction to seek the answer to your question you asked that had already been answered on here two days earlier.

Have a nice day.

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

We will be signing the dregs of the frees list. Doesn’t matter who the manager is - we will be signing whatever is left.

Most of these posts about the manager are plain embarrassing. Whoever the manager is the next couple of seasons will be a horrible grind. Amazing how some haven’t after about a decade woken up to the reality staring us in the face.

I don't think you really get the point. We all know it's going to be a grind whoever is in charge but a new manager with a different approach may, just may give us something to get behind. Under Parky it's guaranteed to be turgid & the atmosphere strained from day one of the season. Will you ever just consider that he may actually be a limited manager? I've plenty of respect for him as a man but he's driving even the most ardent fans away in droves with his negativity. 

48 minutes ago, tomski said:

He’s a nice bloke. I don’t think anyone disputes that? 

I would also wish him well somewhere else. 

Other than call him shite has pp been called owt else?

He has been dignified absolutely. You’d need to be for 3 years with Ken.

I do wish he’d of challenged ken a lot more like a wilder type. (Opposite of pp seems a knob but is a good manager)

Going off your post I think you agree it’s time for a change?

Yes said a while ago time for a change. 

He has been called a cunt plenty of times on here. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Let's look at this another way.... Do you think that with new owners & plenty of many to spend ( just in theory) that Parky could build a team that would be successful & play attractive football? Personally I don't think he has anything more to offer than we've already seen & I'm basing that on our promotion season as while it was ultimately successful it was mainly a grind & had we lost Madine long term we would have been royally fucked as there was no plan B. 

20 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Let's look at this another way.... Do you think that with new owners & plenty of many to spend ( just in theory) that Parky could build a team that would be successful & play attractive football? Personally I don't think he has anything more to offer than we've already seen & I'm basing that on our promotion season as while it was ultimately successful it was mainly a grind & had we lost Madine long term we would have been royally fucked as there was no plan B. 

But we know the situation is with new owners we will be under embargo. So shopping in the bargain basement as a bottom of league one side.

45 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Mostly by the same poster tbf. 

:lol:. True. 

Few others have joined in too. 

Strangely for a league one struggle his CV is great. But we need something to get the club galvanised and doubt it is him. 

Bradford fans wanted better football and that has not worked out. 

15 minutes ago, Ani said:

::lol::. True. 

Few others have joined in too. 

Strangely for a league one struggle his CV is great. But we need something to get the club galvanised and doubt it is him. 

Bradford fans wanted better football and that has not worked out. 

If he formulated a backs to the wall siege mentality and grafted 1-0 wins away from home all over the shop I’d be more than happy. 

He doesn’t do that either. 

Its all old bollocks anyway. Finances aside the fans have had enough of parky. There were under 10k coming through the door before all the protest bollocks and the shit properly hit the fan.

This is probably the most important season in donkeys as regards having to galvanise the fans and get people back through the door. We need new owners, new manager, and a new mindset. No more pessimistic bollocks.

If parky is in charge first game at home folk will stay away. It’s as simple as that. 

Hes the luckiest manager in the land to still be in a job.