Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

4 hours ago, gonzo said:

Im tired.

Really tired

I hope the day the takeover is announced that the decent, humane thing is done and this thread is covered with lead and locked under a steel sarcophagus marked "drivel".

10 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

We will be signing the dregs of the frees list. Doesn’t matter who the manager is - we will be signing whatever is left.

Most of these posts about the manager are plain embarrassing. Whoever the manager is the next couple of seasons will be a horrible grind. Amazing how some haven’t after about a decade woken up to the reality staring us in the face.

We've done horrible grinds many times over the decades, bring it on. But I'm not putting up with a Parky grind when there's the option of a struggle with a manager who wants to win games of football and actually has the ability to get a team playing to a recognised system. Whether we're bottom of conference or top of div 1, just make the most of what you have which starts by not ignoring the players that might score a goal for you.

3 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

And I bet you that after a year you’ll be saying similar things about the next bloke. And the one after....

I think a fresh start is best all round, but pointless doing it for sake of it. We need someone with better experience and better managerial skills. Otherwise what is the point? Someone with a proven track record in league one at least.

Because by this point a big chunk of the match going fan base, Just. want. rid.

Just read the last few pages as I just did. You make a lot of good points, but there's zero appetite from most posters for hearing them. Minds have been made up. It's got to the point where the club would be better off with an inferior new manager rather than PP because any action that he tried to take would be running up against a swathe of hostility from a large section of the fan base. Besides, he's been firefighting almost ever since he came into he club, he probably needs a break himself.

Any new ownership group with anything like the funds needed will want to get the entire fan base on board asap and regardless of the merits that's clearly not going to happen with PP there. Get someone else in, get the cheap pr and sense of renewal that comes with a change of face at the top and hope that a different fresh voice and set of eyes can help change the narrative. I think with time, some fans will change their estimation of PP and what he had to deal with at BWFC, but that's not going to happen any time soon.

4 hours ago, Pricey said:

For me, I think a new manager is needed but I don't think it is going to happen, The football has been shite over the last 2 season's but with everything going on behind the scenes it is understandable to an extent I suppose. The problem is who can we attract to take over as manager? We are a sinking ship for at least another 12 months, we aren't getting out of L1 next season unless some miracle happens. Every chance the new owners won't have deep pockets. More than likely an embargo will be placed on the club so we will probably have some journeymen playing for us who won't give a shit about the club, but yet we would still have to attract these players. Any manager or players in their right minds will look at our club and the recent history and think fuck that!!! 

the glass half full types motivators, leaders  we'll be needing will maybe just say this club and its history deserves to be up there and back in the mix and here's my opportunity to stand up be counted and help deliver it. 

Whoever takes over the club should move heaven and earth to involve BSA from day one, Director of Football, Manager or even kit man, put his name anywhere near the club and season tickets will fly, players will want to come here, it would be a massive lift to everybody 

7 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

Whoever takes over the club should move heaven and earth to involve BSA from day one, Director of Football, Manager or even kit man, put his name anywhere near the club and season tickets will fly, players will want to come here, it would be a massive lift to everybody 

Got to agree. Get Kevin Nolan in as manager with Sam involved upstairs. 

Now that would shift tickets and get everyone on board. 

10 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

Depends who takes over, would be surprised if we found wealthy owners, no doubt BSA would want mega £££ so can't see it I'm afraid.

4 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Got to agree. Get Kevin Nolan in as manager with Sam involved upstairs. 

Now that would shift tickets and get everyone on board. 

Would be fantastic but can you really see that with the bidders and finance available being able to entice Sam back?

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Would be fantastic but can you really see that with the bidders and finance available being able to entice Sam back?

He's already said he'd be interested and has spoken to some people, though probably not as manager.

Obviously it depends on who buys the club, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him back, even temporarily. 

Not sure he's even looking for a big premier League job any more.

1 hour ago, ProfessorWoland said:

Because by this point a big chunk of the match going fan base, Just. want. rid.

Just read the last few pages as I just did. You make a lot of good points, but there's zero appetite from most posters for hearing them. Minds have been made up. It's got to the point where the club would be better off with an inferior new manager rather than PP because any action that he tried to take would be running up against a swathe of hostility from a large section of the fan base. Besides, he's been firefighting almost ever since he came into he club, he probably needs a break himself.

Any new ownership group with anything like the funds needed will want to get the entire fan base on board asap and regardless of the merits that's clearly not going to happen with PP there. Get someone else in, get the cheap pr and sense of renewal that comes with a change of face at the top and hope that a different fresh voice and set of eyes can help change the narrative. I think with time, some fans will change their estimation of PP and what he had to deal with at BWFC, but that's not going to happen any time soon.

Owen Coyle was appointed to appease the fans. I rest my case.

19 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Not really mate. 

Was on the vinegar as I was typing though :)

12 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

He's already said he'd be interested and has spoken to some people, though probably not as manager.

Obviously it depends on who buys the club, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him back, even temporarily. 

Not sure he's even looking for a big premier League job any more.

i remember bsa saying he spoke to a few but none of them inpressed with ambition. but i do beleive he would work with the chinese. if they have bid

1 minute ago, gonzo said:

Owen Coyle was the right appointment at the time.

Not sacking him soon enough was the problem. 

coyle seemed to just sign championship players and we ended up as a championship side. there was only stuart holden that was prem class