Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

13 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Owen Coyle was appointed to appease the fans. I rest my case.

The next manager could be the bastard love child of Owen Coyle and Dougie Freedman, as long as he was a new face and not PP some fans would prefer him to Parky. Minds are made up, the only thing you will get if you try and argue the point is more abuse.

• Site Supporter

Except Coyle wasn't appointed to appease fans. Yet more tripe and bollocks.

Gartside was interviewed upon his appointment, and explained he'd followed Coyle's progression at Burnley, after recommending him to them.

His stock was high and was a sensible appointment at the time.

It went to pot, and the same chairman got shut when necessary.

More evidence that PP has been fortunate to last so long and has to go.

Edited by Tonge moor green jacket

1 hour ago, itdiddidit? said:

the glass half full types motivators, leaders  we'll be needing will maybe just say this club and its history deserves to be up there and back in the mix and here's my opportunity to stand up be counted and help deliver it. 

Our club does deserve to be up there with the very best. No doubt in my mind, but I am also realistic. I would love nothing more than promotions back 2 back and us back in the premier League, but let's be real. Lets look at what faces us over the next season or possibly longer, do you honestly think we can get the right additions to the squad? The only way I see this happening is by us paying for players but we face an embargo. All the best/decent freebies would have been snapped up by the time we get to the table and those decent players who haven't been snapped up are probably asking for more money than what they are worth and is it likely that Bolton will pay over the odds in wages for these players??

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Got to agree. Get Kevin Nolan in as manager with Sam involved upstairs. 

Now that would shift tickets and get everyone on board. 

Now that sounds like a plan!

I think BSA would only be interested if the tiddly winks bought us- money/ego are his main motivation.

So if it isn't the Chinese who will be owning us then BSA wouldn't want to know, but even if we are bought by someone with tight purse strings i would love to see Nolan at the helm - assisted by David Lee + Jimmy Phillips.

Austerity wouldn't seem so bad with those 3 around.

Allardyce in a DOF role would please a lot of fans but I fear it would be a mistake and potentially an expensive one.  I hope the new owners appoint people purely on the basis of their suitability and don't try to gain fan approval by going for former Players or Managers. 

12 minutes ago, ProfessorWoland said:

Allardyce in a DOF role would please a lot of fans but I fear it would be a mistake and potentially an expensive one.  I hope the new owners appoint people purely on the basis of their suitability and don't try to gain fan approval by going for former Players or Managers. 

After years of negativity and a downward spiral the most important thing before the next season kicks off is positivity, the fans need to see that the rot has stopped and it’s upwards from here, people will back that

If the new owner is someone with only just enough money to buy the club and appoints a cheap unknown manager it’s going to be a very long turnaround, if at all

31 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Now that sounds like a plan!

I think BSA would only be interested if the tiddly winks bought us- money/ego are his main motivation.

So if it isn't the Chinese who will be owning us then BSA wouldn't want to know, but even if we are bought by someone with tight purse strings i would love to see Nolan at the helm - assisted by David Lee + Jimmy Phillips.

Austerity wouldn't seem so bad with those 3 around.

How good is it to hear the club means so much. 

54 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Owen Coyle was appointed to appease the fans. I rest my case.

Utter bollocks again and yet another example of your constant agenda that seems to be blame the plebs/fans for everything because i know better (comes thru in your comments on Brexit as well the same intolerance and dismissive attitude)

Gartside was paying himself around what £500k per year? to make the big decisions. He appointed Coyle and if he went for a 'fans favourite' maybe as a result of previously appointing the almost universally hated Megson (whats betting you loved him?) Well that was down to the chairman not the fans. 

If you want to watch Parkyball you knock yourself out you will have stadium to yourself and you csn be happy as a pig in shite watching shite

4 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

I will say it again, Parkinson is a cunt! ...from a football perspective he is and will always be clueless, stubborn and deluded and I have witnessed the shittest of shittest football since I started watching us in the early 70's.  

Yeah he seems to have carried himself well regarding all the shite that's been going on with cunt number 2 - Tank Top Sweaty Ken, but he's also hidden behined it all. The way we play football is solely down to that cunt, and that cunt alone. And I won't be apologising for calling the cunt a cunt!

Port or Prosecco or both tonight Mr Grey? 

34 minutes ago, snowball said:

Utter bollocks again and yet another example of your constant agenda that seems to be blame the plebs/fans for everything because i know better (comes thru in your comments on Brexit as well the same intolerance and dismissive attitude)

Gartside was paying himself around what £500k per year? to make the big decisions. He appointed Coyle and if he went for a 'fans favourite' maybe as a result of previously appointing the almost universally hated Megson (whats betting you loved him?) Well that was down to the chairman not the fans. 

If you want to watch Parkyball you knock yourself out you will have stadium to yourself and you csn be happy as a pig in shite watching shite

Doesn’t matter who made the decision. Fans were calling for it. A clear example of why listening to fans isn’t always a good idea. I have no doubt any new owner will make their own decisions. And eventually want their own man anyway.

51 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

After years of negativity and a downward spiral the most important thing before the next season kicks off is positivity

No it fucking isn't. The most important thing is to get the best person/people we can to start afresh and to start building the club up again.

Allardyce will come in for one reason and one reason only... to get paid a shit load of cash. Not because he loves BWFC.

3 minutes ago, DazBob said:

No it fucking isn't. The most important thing is to get the best person/people we can to start afresh and to start building the club up again.

Allardyce will come in for one reason and one reason only... to get paid a shit load of cash. Not because he loves BWFC.

Yes it fucking is, season ticket holders who I know in the over 50’s who have been going since 60/70’s are seriously considering not bothering this time unless there is hope of turning a corner, once fans stop going and find something else to do on Saturday afternoon they don’t come back

Should know some on here cant say anything nice about the guy who gave us best times in living memory. Doesnt matter anyway just a memory now but wherever he goes Sam will never be appreciated and loved as he is at BWFC. Most of us anyway 

• Site Supporter
42 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Doesn’t matter who made the decision. Fans were calling for it. A clear example of why listening to fans isn’t always a good idea. I have no doubt any new owner will make their own decisions. And eventually want their own man anyway.

The fans have been calling for free ale & butter on hotdogs & a complimentary reacharound from the reebok rebels but nobody listened.... 

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

How good is it to hear the club means so much. 

Really good this, I like the cut of his jib as well. Great grounding, humble and can see how he is able to motivate young players.

These podcasts are miles better when Dearden isn't butting in and shouting over everyone.

Why do people on Twitter think the takeover is like the X-Factor or BGT? The amount of comments along the lines of "will we find out the final 5" and "will we as fans get to decide who we want" is staggering. The answers are maybe if they want to reveal themselves afterwards and will we fuck. 

1 hour ago, Moon boy said:

Yes it fucking is, season ticket holders who I know in the over 50’s who have been going since 60/70’s are seriously considering not bothering this time unless there is hope of turning a corner, once fans stop going and find something else to do on Saturday afternoon they don’t come back

What a load of sentimental crap.

I fully agree that if Parky stays then folk will stay away. After the shite he's served up I wouldn't blame them.

But of the only reason they'll come back is if Allardyce returns is frankly bollocks. Having a manager who sends a team out to try and win matches is all it will take.

As for not giving Big Sam any credit, I for one am grateful for everything he did whilst with us. It was nothing short of a miracle what he did with us. But that's been and gone now and as I said earlier, the ONLY reason he'd come back to us is if he was rewarded extremely handsomely, he'd not be doing it for any other reason.

8 hours ago, Sluffy said:

I'm sorry if you found my reply to be 'bellended'.

Clearly no one else were going to give you a full answer to your question, and similarly I hadn't the enthusiasm to do so myself, particularly because of the fact it had already been answered two days previously.

I did however trouble myself to try to help you by referring you to the historical information contained in this thread.

Clearly you didn't wish to take up my advise, or thank me for my bother and replied to me by posting a link to Companies House which showed the filing history of BL.

This necessitated me to reply back to you with a link to BWFAC showing its filing history and the appointment of the Administrator being recorded on the 10th June.  Looking further at that entry would lead you to a PDF showing that the Administrators were actually appointed on the 13th May and the completed form to Companies House signed and dated the 22nd May!

I've learned my lesson though I won't trouble myself trying to be of any help to you in the future and hopefully some non 'bellend' will give you a full and informed answer instead - or more likely not.

I'm further sorry if you feel I've somehow preventing you contributing to the discussion by pointing you in the right direction to seek the answer to your question you asked that had already been answered on here two days earlier.

Have a nice day.

I'm afraid, Sluffy, that in my haste I misread your earlier post. The issue I noticed earlier today was that the appointment of Quantuma as  administrators to the hotel was not a subsequent event to the appointment of David Rubin & Partners to administer BL and BWFC  but that it too had taken place on 13 May. It shouldn't make any practical difference but it is a different sequence of events to that that seemed to have been portayed in the BN.

Edited by Chris Custodiet

8 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Really good this, I like the cut of his jib as well. Great grounding, humble and can see how he is able to motivate young players.

These podcasts are miles better when Dearden isn't butting in and shouting over everyone.

Amazing how a group of professional broadcasters can regularly put out such a confused mess of a podcast

9 hours ago, DazBob said:

What a load of sentimental crap.

I fully agree that if Parky stays then folk will stay away. After the shite he's served up I wouldn't blame them.

But of the only reason they'll come back is if Allardyce returns is frankly bollocks. Having a manager who sends a team out to try and win matches is all it will take.

As for not giving Big Sam any credit, I for one am grateful for everything he did whilst with us. It was nothing short of a miracle what he did with us. But that's been and gone now and as I said earlier, the ONLY reason he'd come back to us is if he was rewarded extremely handsomely, he'd not be doing it for any other reason.

This

11 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

I'll take the first season and a half under Coyle right now if you're offering.

Also, if we are resigning ourselves to doom because we'll only be able to sign shite... well it makes even more sense to have a manager who might use the one player we've got who's proven to be among the best in this division.

Edited by Tombwfc