Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

2 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Under embargo due to non payment of wages. Plus insolvency event brings with it an embargo. Iles says unlikely new owners can get us out of it.

Same embargo as when Ken took over. Can’t pay fees only frees and loans without a fee. Restriction on wages. Restriction on numbers.

I don't mind Iles but he's not exactly the most ITK of individuals, and his argument about it on twitter was simply screenshoting the rule book, and did KA challenge it? His challenge was to reduce the costs significantly and reduce the playing head count.

With the minus 12 to cope with and with 14 players there is a stronger argument  to  not impose, assuming the new owners can evidence that spending isn't going to put us back to square 1. 

4 minutes ago, DLH said:

I don't mind Iles but he's not exactly the most ITK of individuals, and his argument about it on twitter was simply screenshoting the rule book, and did KA challenge it? His challenge was to reduce the costs significantly and reduce the playing head count.

With the minus 12 to cope with and with 14 players there is a stronger argument  to  not impose, assuming the new owners can evidence that spending isn't going to put us back to square 1. 

Ken was besties with Harvey so bent the rules but we stayed under the embargo.

We will just have to see. I can't see us avoiding another embargo if it has always been imposed. There must be previous clubs that came out of admin with new owners that went in to embargo, so you'd assume they'll follow the precedent.

Maybe they won't punish us for not fulfilling the game as a compromise. Say something about if you go in to admin and can't fulfill a fixture, no further penalty is incurred. Would prevent other teams not playing them as there could be a punishment for other reasons.

58 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Whoever it is, they've stumped up where others haven't or couldn't. 

At this stage they've promised to "stump up" - not quite the same thing. But you're right - until we know any better we have every reason to be optimistic that they'll deliver.

1 hour ago, Pricey said:

The administrators would have picked the best bid, they would have gone through everything with a nit comb. If it's Bassini, then he has obviously provided everything required.

Time for celebration not speculation (see what I did there)

Bingo 

Admin mob look at it black and white. Whoever it is has the best bid and access to most funds 

Or, they are less skint than the rest. 

Either way they’re the best option. Bassini or otherwise 

5 hours ago, Chris Custodiet said:

We finished 2006/07 in seventh place with declining attendances, a negative goal difference one point ahead of Reading, two points in front of Portsmouth and four in front of Blackburn.

2006/07 final  league table

1.Man Utd  2. Chelsea 3.Liverpool 4 Arsenal 5.Tottenham 6, Everton 7. Bolton

If that is a  situation to moan about rather than celebrate  i suspect you are never going to be happy,

2 hours ago, Mantra said:

“- The highest bid for the club

- Proof and source of significant funding

- Ability to fund the club for a minimum of two years

- Ability to satisfy secured, football and unsecured creditors

- EFL approval”

Nothing  to complain about there. 

Exactly, considering that the very existence of the club has been very much in the balance, the above makes great reading, whatever tomorrow brings.

"The bidder has also agreed to immediately invest £1m into Bolton to fund the "running of the club and the rebuilding of the playing squad" ahead of the 2019-20 season."

Hmm, wasn't Bassini going on about having £1m ready for immediate use when he was waving his bit of paper around on Sky?

7 minutes ago, rochdale white said:

If it’s not FV I’ll show my arse on the town hall steps 

Inserting a banana?

All this talk about Bassini and FV, there are three others in the mix who knew from the outset that they'd be up against these two.

Would they have bothered putting up £25k and a bid together if they thought it wasn't worthwhile?

16 minutes ago, Thorpey said:

All this talk about Bassini and FV, there are three others in the mix who knew from the outset that they'd be up against these two.

Would they have bothered putting up £25k and a bid together if they thought it wasn't worthwhile?

Yeah but we have no knowledge of them so wheres the fun in speculating it may be them... 

hope the chinese got on board with them. only my idea though. but nixon said they had new backers. not long after hearing chinese had pulled i think

6 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

This FV consortium who are they exactly? - Basran? Michael James? Sharon Brittan? 

56 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

Blackpool have been bought out by an billionaire lucky gets, suppose they deserve it after having Oyston 

I don't think he is... he's rich but not certain he's in the billionaire bracket...