Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

4 minutes ago, Judge Fudge said:

I’m just a piss head who frequents a few local establishments, been told that Tom Morris is involved in the consortium. Bloke who told me has business dealings with James and in my opinion isn’t bullshitting.

To be fair that’s two and two given they were the only two directors of the company that bought the car parks 

18 hours ago, bwfc2003 said:

May be wrong but as we have gone into admin I dont think accounts for last 2 years will be published - doesnt happen in the real world. Why would new owners pick up the bill for preparing some one elses accounts

As far as I'm aware annual accounts would have to be compiled if for no other reason than to see what the tax position/liability is at the end of its financial year - and for the part year up to the sale.

The Administrator will be compiling details of what is owed to all the various creditors.

The accounts up to June 2018 are only two months late and the club as been involved with winding up petitions and freezing of its bank accounts since before that date.  

Presumably the Administrator would have compiled the accounts as a by-product of his forensic account of the company in any event.

It is also that BWFAC as a company is not ceasing trading (nor Burnden Leisure either), all that is happening is that its ownership holding company is being changed from Inner Circle Investments to presumably Football Ventures (Whites) as such it still has an obligation under company Law to submit annual accounts.  It is still a legal entity in its own right.

I very much assume accounts for 2018 will be published in due course and those for 2019 by the deadline date of 31st March 2020.

I would have thought this would be proper practice for all companies and nothing unusual in respect of football clubs, so I don't really understand your comment about not happening in the real world?

Edited by Sluffy

11 hours ago, snowball said:

And Holts is vile. Ex lived in Whitefield nearly all Holts. Its the devils piss sieved thr jo brands gussett

I live in Whitefield love the stuff, Holts  bitter absolute nectar.

Edited by Nobster

6 hours ago, Sluffy said:

As far as I'm aware annual accounts would have to be compiled if for no other reason than to see what the tax position/liability is at the end of its financial year - and for the part year up to the sale.

The Administrator will be compiling details of what is owed to all the various creditors.

The accounts up to June 2018 are only two months late and the club as been involved with winding up petitions and freezing of its bank accounts since before that date.  

Presumably the Administrator would have compiled the accounts as a by-product of his forensic account of the company in any event.

It is also that BWFAC as a company is not ceasing trading (nor Burnden Leisure either), all that is happening is that its ownership holding company is being changed from Inner Circle Investments to presumably Football Ventures (Whites) as such it still has an obligation under company Law to submit annual accounts.  It is still a legal entity in its own right.

I very much assume accounts for 2018 will be published in due course and those for 2019 by the deadline date of 31st March 2020.

I would have thought this would be proper practice for all companies and nothing unusual in respect of football clubs, so I don't really understand your comment about not happening in the real world?

I'm no authority on Holt's beer or company  insolvency but I think the position on filing accounts will depend on the progess of the administration. If it follows a similar process to the 2010 administration of Portsmouth, outstanding annual accounts may not be filed.

The 2018  accounts of Inner Circle Investments Ltd are due by the end of this month. I expect that the 2017 accounts were filed early  because KA wanted the public record to show how much he'd spent on Holdsworth's shares. An NDA can't trump compliance with company law.

The previous late filing of BWFC's  accounts was in all probability mainly a consequence of the  uncertainty surrounding the unresolved dispute between Holdsworth and Anderson.

9 hours ago, Judge Fudge said:

I’m just a piss head who frequents a few local establishments, been told that Tom Morris is involved in the consortium. Bloke who told me has business dealings with James and in my opinion isn’t bullshitting.

Is that the Tom Morris who is the billionaire owner of Home Bargains? Or the 19th century golfer? 

10 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

To be fair that’s two and two given they were the only two directors of the company that bought the car parks 

At the time they were but Morris resigned shortly after so probably nothing in the rumour. 

17 minutes ago, Andy Gee said:

At the time they were but Morris resigned shortly after so probably nothing in the rumour. 

I’d doubt Tom Morris would put anything into BWFC without wanting a return on his investment. As that would be unlikely his involvement would also be unlikely. Mind you he did spend 100s of thousands on loads of Lambbananas sculptures when Liverpool was city of culture, so you never know. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

7 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’d doubt Tom Morris would put anything into BWFC without wanting a return on his investment. As that would be unlikely his involvement would also be unlikely. Mind you he did spend 100s of thousands on loads of useless fibre glass animals when Liverpool was city of culture, so you never know. 

I've lost count of the number of times I've explained this but Tom Morris owns 80% of PBP that bought car parks off the club and lent £5.5m on the security of the hotel. These were commercial transactions  but transactions that were unlikely to have taken place if Michael James was not the owner of the other 20% PBP shares and was not keen on seeing the club fold.

Will MJ, I wonder,  be the next target for the ST and assorted simpletons?

1 minute ago, Chris Custodiet said:

I've lost count of the number of times I've explained this but Tom Morris owns 80% of PBP that bought car parks off the club and lent £5.5m on the security of the hotel. These were commercial transactions  but transactions that were unlikely to have taken place if Michael James was not the owner of the other 20% PBP shares and was not keen on seeing the club fold.

Will MJ, I wonder,  be the next target for the ST and assorted simpletons?

You don’t need to explain we know. 👍

1 hour ago, Andy Gee said:

That’s why I said ‘were’ and not ‘are’. 😊

They’re still undoubtedly linked even if not necessarily still directors of the same company. No denying he’d have some serious money to throw in, but, agreeing with Mounts, you’d think a businessman as successful as that might not be quite so willing to just burn his money. 

12 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

That’s why I said ‘were’ and not ‘are’. 😊

They’re still undoubtedly linked even if not necessarily still directors of the same company. No denying he’d have some serious money to throw in, but, agreeing with Mounts, you’d think a businessman as successful as that might not be quite so willing to just burn his money. 

He will be more interested in the land and car parks adjacent to the Middlebrook place if it ever became an option. Since Next opened its made that part of the retail park more valuable to a big retailer from a business point of view. Not a bad thing if it brings in revenue and is just a repeat of plans companies had years ago to build on there and provide a multi story car park as part of the deal.

6 minutes ago, hughmungus said:

He will be more interested in the land and car parks adjacent to the Middlebrook place if it ever became an option. Since Next opened its made that part of the retail park more valuable to a big retailer from a business point of view. Not a bad thing if it brings in revenue and is just a repeat of plans companies had years ago to build on there and provide a multi story car park as part of the deal.

Correct 

My understanding is that Emerson Group ( Middlebrook Retail Park Owners ) would like to build further shopping units ( One of which would be perfect for a flagship B&M Bargains store ) and the shopping centre becomes  effectively 4 sided  - but cannot do so as would build on their existing car parks leaving insufficient car parking  which obviously reduces footfall

Solution turn some of BWFC car parks into Multi Storey car parks with access straight into the retail park 

With improvements to road network - particularly Horwich Link road - good chance it will get approved by planners 

Therefore Football Club in powerful negotiating position owning valuable asset