Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

38 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Custard Bob, custard man, custard chops, custard cunt, cc, custard face, custard whatsisface ....and many more to come.

I've not come up with one myself yet..yet

Cuntodiet 

1 hour ago, Sluffy said:

He probably is.

And as someone having spent his life in the staid and somewhat cloistered world of accountancy he probably isn't used to having an audience and those he does have in front of him probably are keener to keep him sweet and laughing at his jokes however poor they may be, than being asked difficult questions of them.

Nobody posts statements up saying people aren't clever or uses public schoolboy humour if they are more worldly in terms of the give and take of 'banter' on forums like these but that's not to say he can't learn from it and become more mainstream with the rest of us (maybe I'm not considered mainstream myself but you know what I mean).

I actually would be happy for him to keep his current style - it's different if nothing else but maybe if it's being used by a stick by others to beat him over the head with then perhaps it's time to tone it down in an attempt to keep the peace.

Aren't we all our own worst enemy at some point in our lives?

I've been to public planning inquires too - hardly rock and roll are they!

So all accountancy people are boring and not able to express themselves? 

I know a bloke who works in accounts and he's the biggest pisscan going

Let's just agree Chris is a condescending tosser and move on 

Because he is 

49 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Because he is 

Fwiw  I didn't say all accountancy people are boring and not able to express themselves - where did you got that idea from as I was only talking about one person - but someone who probably stood on the terraces watching Nat Lofthouse's early career take off and who is no doubt extremely capable of expressing himself in a professional  and eloquent fashion but who isn't knowledgeable as to what goes for standard practise in the current social media world we inhabit these days.

If you and everyone else wants to consider him as per you description above, then that's fine but I don't.  

I see a elderly professional gentleman posting a bit of harmless fun and people overreacting badly simply because he use words like 'beeno' and Simple Simon' rather than 'pile of shit' and 'useless cunt'.

9 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Custard Bob, custard man, custard chops, custard cunt, cc, custard face, custard whatsisface ....and many more to come.

I've not come up with one myself yet..yet

Been counter. (see what I did there)

11 hours ago, ProfessorWoland said:

Please think twice before pressing submit, I regularly cringe when I see the way you are talking to and about others. Have you ever given any thought to how you interact with people online? I assume you don't patronise people like this in the real world, because you'd have to either be the hardest man in town or a regular visitor to intensive care...

You are addressing other fans, not all of them may have your particular skill set, but that doesn't mean they don't have something to offer, it certainly doesn't mean they aren't deserving of respect. Using the safety and anonymity of a keyboard to talk to people as if they were something you stepped in is not a good look.

This is the approriate response, agree completely

8 minutes ago, gonzo said:

seriously what the fuck is wrong with people.  

I love the twitter meltdown mob. I have to concede things are a bit worrying. But you only had to look at the length of time admin took other clubs to see that it was very likely this was going to be painful. 

I share the frustrations about the delay but there is nothing much I can do to influence it/speed it up.  I sit here and worry quietly instead, but I guess others voice their concerns on social media however stupid the comments.  The main cause of anxiety (the further delay)  has been created  by the poor communications from the Administrators.  They were to eager to please with their HoT on Friday announcement and have been paying the consequences reputationally ever since. 

Always better to under-promise and over-deliver.  

6 minutes ago, TrickyTrotter said:

I share the frustrations about the delay but there is nothing much I can do to influence it/speed it up.  I sit here and worry quietly instead, but I guess others voice their concerns on social media however stupid the comments.  The main cause of anxiety (the further delay)  has been created  by the poor communications from the Administrators.  They were to eager to please with their HoT on Friday announcement and have been paying the consequences reputationally ever since. 

The administrators can only say what they are able to. They cannot give a running commentary. Some are making a reasonable point though that if this deal does not complete this week - that administrators not selling Season tickets or arranging pre-season means we have a big problem. Hopefully though all is in hand. Next season was always likely to be a write off regardless it just seems to be confirming that. 

I don't see why folk expressing their worries are being described as idiots and bellends.

As pre season gets ever nearer we're down to 5 professionals, a handful of kids and no way of buying season tickets yet etc

If you're not even slightly nervous you've either got balls of steel or you're not a Wanderers fan!

4 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

As pre season gets ever nearer we're down to 5 professionals, a handful of kids and no way of buying season tickets yet etc

If you're not even slightly nervous you've either got balls of steel or you're not a Wanderers fan!

I imagine FV are focused on one thing and one thing only - keeping us in existence.

Since they put in the preferred bid, the dialogue has moved on to what team we'll have, who we'll sign, what investment will they make, who will replace Doris the tea lady  etc and everyone is taking it for granted that we are now safe. We're close to that but not over the line yet. 

It would be nice to think that FV have plans, money and are already in talks with potential players, but it wouldn't surprise me if they haven't given that much thought, given that their primary goal and presumably focus of attention is to buy the club. Hopefully they've thought past that.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

I love the twitter meltdown mob. I have to concede things are a bit worrying. But you only had to look at the length of time admin took other clubs to see that it was very likely this was going to be painful. 

no they arent, things like this take time. They are what they are.

1 hour ago, TrickyTrotter said:

I don't think they have a choice due to the nature of the business and the timings involved with the approach of the new season. Saying nothing just creates a vacuum and nature and football gossip abhors a vacuum.

I wonder if Nixon and Illes have been quietly briefed to allow at least this small amount of clarification to become public and hopefully buy a little time for whatever is causing the delay to be resolved?

EIther way, it's another chapter in the...

25 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

I don't see why folk expressing their worries are being described as idiots and bellends.

Agreed. I’m not interested in twitter melt downs and what not. I’d rather zone out till it’s done. Why folk read it if they are annoyed is beyond me. A bigger problem is when no one gives a shit anymore.

12 hours ago, DirtySanchez said:

Because he is 

Is this pisscsn called BiggishDave? :D

20 hours ago, Chris Custodiet said:

I don't know about you, Sluffy, but reading WW sometimes reminds me of primary school all those years ago. When the teacher  asked a question the bright kids would only put  their hands up when they knew the answer. But there were kids who never got anything right and rarely understood the question but would shoot their hands up on every conceivable occasion.

Absolutely agree with this, and you, Mr Custodiet, are in the latter category sadly! 🙄