Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

2 hours ago, tomski said:

Nobody knows what the next few weeks have in store for us let alone the next few years.

That will never stop folk from moaning about what has not yet happened nor what might not happen in the future.

Our moaning, screaming, impatient fans are becoming more of an embarrassment as each day passes.

2 minutes ago, DazBob said:

That will never stop folk from moaning about what has not yet happened nor what might not happen in the future.

Our moaning, screaming, impatient fans are becoming more of an embarrassment as each day passes.

Oh I’m not bothered about all that as I don’t read it but I did enjoy O’Neill gave a thumbs up to administrator statement so is sniffing a deal. 

My exclusive is ALF did too. Watch this space........... 

Not arsed whether FV have much money to spend or not, as long as they can keep the club going and pay the staff that’s the least we can expect.

Though some teams have found success by throwing money at it, there’s plenty of examples of teams that have done well without spending much. 

I’d actually find it more exciting watching our young players develop, even if it means spending several years in League One or Two, than signing deadbeat players like Liam Feeney or Matt Mills.

I’d snap your hand off for Liam Feeny this season (4 or 5 years younger of course). He always had a go but got dogs abuse for making mistakes

Pratley was another one of the same ilk, it’s Prudent as a Bolton player to go missing in matches, less chance of doing anything wrong, which is apparently worse than doing nothing at all 

I liked both pratley and feeney. Both the type of characters we need now. Pratley promoted again this season. 

In  better news the Bassini stuff looks like it’s paving the way to get this deal done. 

Unlike others stating above I  would like FV to have money but if they don’t it can’t be any worse than now. Paying the bills is an absolute minimum.

one thing I’ll give ken is he has set the bar so low for what we would like from our owners the next incumbent of the role could do very little to become a hero.

Not trying to single out individuals, they were just a couple of examples of the many failed transfers we’ve had over the years. Not saying they didn’t have potential to be good or that their failings were entirely their fault but it went hand in hand with the demise of the finances. Slowly losing our better players and signing worse and worse options because the long term direction of the club had gone, we’ve been in transition since we were relegated from the premier league.

Just signed players it felt like just for the sake of it rather than with any structured plan, jumping from manager to manager without any long term vision.

If FV have money, sure use it. I hope they do have a bit to spend at least. But it would be nice to have some sort of structure to the club where we sign players and managers to fit the club’s vision of how we should play. Alongside developing the youth and including them in the starting xi.

A director of football could be useful for that.

️ CONFIRMED: Bolton Wanderers will travel to Bootham Crescent on Sunday 14 July for a pre-season fixture with York City, KO 2pm. 👉🏻 https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2019/july/york-city-pre-season-fixture-confirmed/ #BWFC 🐘🏰

Looks like someone is at least starting to make preparations for this season......don't know what the squad will look like though.

Still a positive sign.

2 hours ago, birch-chorley said:

I’d snap your hand off for Liam Feeny this season (4 or 5 years younger of course). He always had a go but got dogs abuse for making mistakes

Pratley was another one of the same ilk, it’s Prudent as a Bolton player to go missing in matches, less chance of doing anything wrong, which is apparently worse than doing nothing at all 

Agreed.

i can't remember the game, I think ptsd kicked in, but early on this season there was one match where the entire Bolton midfield didn't want to know for just about the entire game. I've never seen it before at any level. Players moving into positions where they couldn't receive the ball. Pratley, for all his faults, didn't hide in plain sight. Saw him in the playoffs and he was still putting in a good shift.

1 hour ago, ProfessorWoland said:

Agreed.

i can't remember the game, I think ptsd kicked in, but early on this season there was one match where the entire Bolton midfield didn't want to know for just about the entire game. I've never seen it before at any level. Players moving into positions where they couldn't receive the ball. Pratley, for all his faults, didn't hide in plain sight. Saw him in the playoffs and he was still putting in a good shift.

Sheffield United, When we lost 3-0?

2 hours ago, tomski said:

I liked both pratley and feeney. Both the type of characters we need now. Pratley promoted again this season. 

In  better news the Bassini stuff looks like it’s paving the way to get this deal done. 

Unlike others stating above I  would like FV to have money but if they don’t it can’t be any worse than now. Paying the bills is an absolute minimum.

one thing I’ll give ken is he has set the bar so low for what we would like from our owners the next incumbent of the role could do very little to become a hero.

Aye Maybe Ken could’ve managed the bills a bit better without a whopping wage bill or debts to loan sharks :)

22 minutes ago, Traf said:

FWIW, I had no issue wiith either Feeney or Pratley. I though they were two of our better players, when allowed to play their own game.

I didn’t rate either of them at the time, but with hindsight and the fact we didn’t replace them with better models we’d have been better off keeping them both!

43 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Aye Maybe Ken could’ve managed the bills a bit better without a whopping wage bill or debts to loan sharks :)

No mate. He has form for running places into the ground, he achieved this again. The one thing that amazes me is that there is a perception he’s some sort of mastermind. I personally think he’s a div who couldn’t run a piss up in a brewery 

2 minutes ago, tomski said:

No mate. He has form for running places into the ground, he achieved this again. The one thing that amazes me is that there is a perception he’s some sort of mastermind. I personally think he’s a div who couldn’t run a piss up in a brewery 

Seconded. Wouldn't be surprised if he has made a few quid out of us in the process - time will tell.

9 minutes ago, tomski said:

Nobody in the world says he is a mastermind.

He was a chancer. His chancery worked for a little while for him and of course the club (on field) ..,Papering over a lot of cracks in the meantime which were never kept a secret.

His luck ran out, Edwin died and he got the fuck out with whatever he could.  

Like has been said a million times, he was the only show in town. 

I’m in no way backing the way he left or his actions before hand by the way. 

Edited by gonzo

1 minute ago, gonzo said:

He was a chancer. His chancery worked for a little while for him and of course the club (on field) ..,Papering over a lot of cracks in the meantime which were never kept a secret.

Oh I know you are not. I’m not even sure the he was the only show in town line cuts now as we’d at least be 3 years down the line of where we are now.

i agree he’s a complete chancer but he didn’t improve anything it seems and as stated above I think the guy is a div. luckily he will be long gone soon.

34 minutes ago, gonzo said:

He wasn’t even a show, the man was and is a cunt. Don’t even try to defend him in any way shape or form. Just admit the king ken brigade got it wrong, badly wrong and we can all move on.