Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

No. Saw that statement from them before, irrespective of where it's published, it just proves he's a loon.

Fair play to administrators standing their ground with this bloke. Someone's going to end up stuck with him though.

45 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Had anyone ever heard of the Jewish Telegraph before all this carry on?

I've heard of the Jewish Telegraph but I don't know why they should be interviewing Bassini unless he is Jewish. He lives in Stanmore, where there is a Jewish enclave, so that may be the case. I have a Jewish friend who also lives in Stanmore and has done for maybe 30 years.

7 minutes ago, MalcolmW said:

I've heard of the Jewish Telegraph but I don't know why they should be interviewing Bassini unless he is Jewish. He lives in Stanmore, where there is a Jewish enclave, so that may be the case. I have a Jewish friend who also lives in Stanmore and has done for maybe 30 years.

Wikipedia tells me he's Jewish. I notice sky sports news left him well alone recently, maybe JT is his best gig at moment.

What worries me is that Parky has already been given the heads up from FV that he's staying put and he's already earmarked and possibly spoken to players already,  I just don't trust Parky's eye for a player let alone his tactics etc. Yeah we're having to scrape the barrel for players but Parky doesn't half sign some rubbish and I wouldn't trust his judgement if he was given 20 million to spend.

I might still renew my season ticket even if our anti football manager is still in charge as my £500 plus for a ticket and parking will obviously help, but I fear FV will make a massive own goal by keeping Parky as season ticket sales will probably be at a record low.

3 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Had anyone ever heard of the Jewish Telegraph before all this carry on?

It’s like the Bolton News for Prestwich... used to go out with a jewess her family got the JT delivered every day it was a shocking paper if I remember rightly 

4 hours ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Not to mention giving up 70/75% possession to the opposition, that will and never will be a way of attracting fans back, the long ball game was dead as long ago as the 80s, teams did play more long ball when pitches were mud patches, but with better pitches football has evolved, Parkinson hasn't.

Long ball game dead in the 80's? Did you ever watch us when Allardyce was manager?

some of the football on show makes me cry.

The only time we played long ball was when we were away from home trying to bully the big boys and there’s fuck all wrong with long ball anyway when you have players prepared for the second ball and want to keep hold of the fuckin thing.

Theres a difference between a long ball with a purpose and aimless kick up front to a lump who has nobody to knock the ball down to.

5 minutes ago, passmosster said:

Long ball game dead in the 80's? Did you ever watch us when Allardyce was manager?

Did u watch us at all in the last 2 seasons? Whatever 'system' we try to play it cant even be justified as long ball. Hopeless, disorganised, defeatist, embarrassing shite.  Even mentioning BSA in comparison is unbelievable.  Think u must be the other one with fanny 5 left who is willing to pay to sit thru parkys drivel

6 minutes ago, gonzo said:

some of the football on show makes me cry.

The only time we played long ball was when we were away from home trying to bully the big boys and there’s fuck all wrong with long ball anyway when you have players prepared for the second ball and want to keep hold of the fuckin thing.

Theres a difference between a long ball with a purpose and aimless kick up front to a lump who has nobody to knock the ball down to.

There's 2 proper class footballers on that screenshot.

a lad who made a very successful career out of playing off the big man.

And Pedersen who run his nuts off giving his all doing whatever he was told to do.

The combination of those types of players is what made the allardyce era so good.

Edited by frank_spencer

• Site Supporter
16 minutes ago, snowball said:

Did u watch us at all in the last 2 seasons? Whatever 'system' we try to play it cant even be justified as long ball. Hopeless, disorganised, defeatist, embarrassing shite.  Even mentioning BSA in comparison is unbelievable.  Think u must be the other one with fanny 5 left who is willing to pay to sit thru parkys drivel

That's sort of what I was alluding to earlier... One tactic, hoofing the ball aimlessly in the general direction of Madine who was sat on Cardiffs bench at the time 😁 

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

That’s the difference between a good manager and a shit one 

all this parkinson is working with poor players and loans, utter tosh 

Frankly, you and me know fuck all about how good or bad last years team was until we see where they are this coming season

I reckon they were league one at best and I'm not having it parkinson thought they were much better when he signed them

What we do know is the club was an absolute shit storm and judging Parkinson on all normal measures may well be very wide of the mark

I'm not arsed if he stays or goes but I think we will finish higher in the league with him than anybody else realistic

And if folk don't turn up, they can fcuk off

I'll be there, I've still got a club, so why the fcuk would I not be