Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

I like Nixon when it comes to transfer talk but he's been off the mark with this takeover malarky for months. 

The heads of terms have been signed, and in the statement announcing it, the administrators said the following in relation to the Trust : "in particular, I’d like to thank the Eddie Davies Trust who have shown a deep and true understanding of what Bolton Wanderers means to the fans and the wider community"

That does not sound to me like they are having significant issues. Nixon just appears to have an agenda against FV. Claiming that the club losing the asset of the ground and having it rented back, a la Coventry is good business is the final straw for me.

Fingers crossed we get an update this coming week. 

Edited by Matthew1234

11 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

The Eddie Davies Trust are paying the administrators wages, so it's not a shock that the administrators say nice things about the Eddie Davies Trust

No they are not. The admins are paying themselves out of the sale. 

• Moderators

Nixon needs uncertainty and nervous fans to justify his Twitter presence on this one

If he says everything is going smoothly then people won't bombard him with questions and he loses his relevance

2 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

Nixon needs uncertainty and nervous fans to justify his Twitter presence on this one

If he says everything is going smoothly then people won't bombard him with questions and he loses his relevance

There is no relevance. Its twitter

Edited by Gonk

34 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

No they are not. The admins are paying themselves out of the sale. 

OK i will rephrase

Bolton Wanderers were placed into Administration by the family of Eddie Davies.The family of Eddie Davies appointed administrators, giving the administrators an opportunity to make some money.It is therefore not a shock that the administrators say nice things about the Eddie Davies family.

Nixon generally talks shite 

Followed him on Twitter for a while after he finally accepted my request. Getting into the Masons would have been quicker 

Spouts shite in an ambiguous way so as can easily wriggle out of it if needed. He works for the sun so making stuff up comes as standard 

He's worse that the old teletext clubcall numbers but loves how folk hang in to every word He says. Question him and you're gone 

Just seen a statement from Nixon on Twitter answering a question about if we could get a statement this week. He answered by saying it’s up to EDT . Surely they’re out of the loop as the club is in the hands of the administrators, 

11 hours ago, DirtySanchez said:

Nixon generally talks shite 

Followed him on Twitter for a while after he finally accepted my request. Getting into the Masons would have been quicker 

Spouts shite in an ambiguous way so as can easily wriggle out of it if needed. He works for the sun so making stuff up comes as standard 

He's worse that the old teletext clubcall numbers but loves how folk hang in to every word He says. Question him and you're gone 

He blocked me after I questioned the truth of one of his stories / tales. 

55 minutes ago, TrickyTrotter said:

Iles reporting significant breakthrough.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/17754966.significant-breakthrough-made-bolton-wanderers-takeover/

sounds like good news but didn’t know we needed one.

No, I thought we were well past the point of any potential derailments at this stage as well, worrying. At least it sounds sorted though.

Imagine if this morning's news was that it had fallen through...

• Moderators
1 hour ago, TrickyTrotter said:

Iles reporting significant breakthrough.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/17754966.significant-breakthrough-made-bolton-wanderers-takeover/

sounds like good news but didn’t know we needed one.

"Talks continued with secured creditors throughout the week but it is understood an obstacle which had threatened the derail the takeover completely has now been negotiated."

I hear it was something to do with LA and a box load of tracksuits

Let’s hope this latest hiccup is the last of it and it gets sorted within a day or 2, but if it drags another week that will be extremely worrying and at that point I’d be very doubtful this buyers is going to complete. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

8 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Let’s hope this latest hiccup is the last of it and it gets sorted within a day or 2, but if it drags another week that will be extremely worrying and at that point I’d be very doubtful this buyers is going to complete. 

Appears to be something to do with Ken so given his track record this could still drag on further.