Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

So FV'S deal was based on getting the hotel, which they haven't got at the moment and this could take up to 6 weeks? There is no guarantee that FV will get the hotel, where is this going to leave the club with just 2 weeks to the start of the season? 

5 minutes ago, Blondi said:

So FV'S deal was based on getting the hotel, which they haven't got at the moment and this could take up to 6 weeks? There is no guarantee that FV will get the hotel, where is this going to leave the club with just 2 weeks to the start of the season? 

And that’s the question 

even if it’s bad news somebody just come out and say well basically we’re screwed until this happens and what implications it will have on us

57 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

It was always going to get worse before getting better 

if it means having a club but potentially playing in league 2 season after next so be it 

Right now I'd snatch your hand off for that 

44 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I’m assuming FV knew that the hotel wasn’t included in the sale of the club when they put their bid in for it and proved they had funds of £25m,then threw their £25k in to see the books?

The issue is their ongoing funding of club business plan the EFL have signed off on is reliant on the hotel business. I guess if they can’t get hotel EFL won’t approve their plan without some additional funding.

If FV are/we’re relying on the hotel then it is/was always going to go one way anyway

send the diggers in

Makes me laugh them having a pop at the administrators, especially when it comes to not paying the players; reminds me of Abe Simpson

Them saying Ken got us into this shit need to realise that there are many, many culpable; him included. 

1 hour ago, Boothy said:

Fair play to Mark, was thinking along his lines anyway.

I cant see any reason why any of the staff players would still be here, perhaps they forego their dues if they terminate? I wouldn't have thought so.

So Mark Little has gone from traitorous striker to hero on the basis of one tweet. People need to to calm themselves down. Going into admin is a painful and drawn out process. Be thankful that someone is committed to buying us. They don't have £50 notes sticking out of their lugholes so need to find an innovative solution that offers investors a hope of getting a return. I wish we had someone with bottomless pockets buying the club, with no regard to how much they spend, but we don't and people need to get real and accept the hard facts. This will be a long process; getting it right is preferable to rushing it through.

Anyone who thinks Bassini is a viable alternative; any sort of alternative; needs their bumps feeling.

How can the administrators confidently state that FV was the best bid for the club......When such bid relied solely on the purchase of the hotel of which they’ve no control over. 

10 minutes ago, JJ10 said:

How can the administrators confidently state that FV was the best bid for the club......When such bid relied solely on the purchase of the hotel of which they’ve no control over. 

Because they were the only bidder who proved they had the funds to pay creditors. So the first hurdle. The second hurdle of EFL approving their business plan relies on hotel...but if you were deciding between someone who proved the existence of funding to complete deal vs Bassini with unsigned letters saying people would lend him some dosh what would you do?

34 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

The issue is their ongoing funding of club business plan the EFL have signed off on is reliant on the hotel business. I guess if they can’t get hotel EFL won’t approve their plan without some additional funding.

I dont think FV funding plan is reliant on the hotel business in the sense that it provides an income for the football club . 

I think Damocles was on the right lines a couple of days ago. 

My hunch is that FV have lined up a sale of the football stadium at £12 - £15 million with an institutional investor and that capital sum will be released on completion. That cash will be critical to FV - it will represent 50- 60% of the £25 million they will have proven as available funding to the administrator. 

They have probably lined up a tenant for the hotel already and agreed with the stadium buyers a long term rent the football club will pay - on the face of it everyone is happy . . 

But then the hotel administrator puts a spanner in the works because he gets indications that higher offers for the hotel are out there - more than FV want to pay, which leaves  everything up in the air because the institutional investor will rightly only do a deal on the entire stadium and not just part of it , so without the hotel FV wont be able to fund the club. 

7 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

I dont think FV funding plan is reliant on the hotel business in the sense that it provides an income for the football club . 

My hunch is that FV have lined up a sale of the football stadium at £12 - £15 million with an institutional investor and that capital sum will be released on completion. That cash will be critical to FV - it will represent 50- 60% of the £25 million they will have proven as available funding to the administrator. 

They have probably lined up a tenant for the hotel already and agreed with the stadium buyers a long term rent the football club will pay - on the face of it everyone is happy . . 

But then the hotel administrator puts a spanner in the works because he gets indications that higher offers for the hotel are out there - more than FV want to pay, which leaves  everything up in the air because the institutional investor will rightly only do a deal on the entire stadium and not just part of it , so without the hotel FV wont be able to fund the club. 

That sounds ominously credible.

This was on the cards moment hotel was split and 2 different administrators appointed. Who is really surprised? Has ken the cunts fingerprints all over it hes like a tumour that will kill the club. Yes we were in a mess before he came in but once a shady fucker that like him comes in who cares not a jot for the club , we were always at his mercy and in deep shit. Or are we still all drama queens? 

Honestly don't think we will start this season now. One year on from the first strike at St Mirren that was a shock but now its just no surprise at all.

10 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

Yes sorry, I didn’t mean running it on an ongoing basis necessarily. I think your model is probably spot on. 

Might be me.being a thick fucker but Little had tweeted loads earlier that I cant find now including saying players couldnt afford to get to training when spazzy daz could have told them a day rover is £4.60. Its shit not getting paid but folk need to be wary of making new heroes of players talking bollocks and maybe with an extra axe to grind.

Edited by ErnestTurnip

17 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

Admin supposedly seen the 25 million funding. So can’t be correct.