Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

5 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

Think some might have just made up about Otzumer & Magennis due to our current situation, wouldn't be surprised if they are to go but nothing is definite yet 

It's not that Reebok Roar page that's trying to raise 25m who've announced this is it?

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, ZicoKelly said:

Magennis was linked with Rangers and Oztumer with Charlton - they'll get a contract somewhere else no problem

maybe they were just doing the decent thing and waiting as long as they possibly could for things to be sorted out here in order for them to get fit and ready for the new season

that doesnt' look like happening now, so what choice do they have if they want to actually guarantee themselves a game of football next month

will they get back payment if they break contract? ie 4 months of wages up the swanny?

i honestly dont know the answer to this, due to the footballer creditor bollocks

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Tommy Banks said:

Iles just tweeted hotel owes club 1.2m

4150578F-717D-408B-8EFB-C5AD3DDB7F9B.jpeg

i wonder what that bill is for?

i reckon it will be for fuck all... nothing but creative accounting, hence its being argued.

• Moderators
Just now, HomerJay said:

will they get back payment if they break contract? ie 4 months of wages up the swanny?

i honestly dont know the answer to this, due to the footballer creditor bollocks

Probably

I was of the impression they will get paid all wages owed from when they were under contract

Couldn't say for certain though

20 minutes ago, Tommy Banks said:

Iles just tweeted hotel owes club 1.2m

4150578F-717D-408B-8EFB-C5AD3DDB7F9B.jpeg

But he hasn't noticed that Club owes the hotel £2.9m. See page 31 of 61.

The guys floundering as usual but what can you expect from a geezer, ten years in the job, who still thinks Gordon Hargreaves paid for the Reebok

Edited by Chris Custodiet

18 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

The guys floundering as usual but what can you expect from a geezer, ten years in the job, who still thinks Gordon Hargreaves paid for the Reebok

Beeno, Simple Simon, Gordon Hargreaves, David Conn, Sam Allardyce, Dean Holdsworth. It's just the same shit constantly on loop.

Thought it was interesting Gordon Taylor said yesterday something to the effect of that the takeover needed to happen or the club needed to let the remaining players leave. Could be that he's misinformed, but also could be something else keeping Oztumer, Magennis etc. at the club.

5 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I read he chucked in 6 million immediately at Forest then sacked off a raft of managers( paid them off) at least he was trying to get the club successful, then sold club to Greek shipping magnate, I’d take that type of shit club ownership at the moment.😂

For the club to survive, somebody is going to have to get their money out and pay the players wages in the next fortnight.

I don't think Football Ventures suggestion of having the wages deferred is good enough.If that's the only offer on the table in a fortnight I think we will be thrown out of the league and liquidated.The League won't put up with an unreliable club cancelling matches because they don't pay their wage bill.

IF Fawaz will get his money out and pay the wages then he should be welcomed, even if he has a history of incompetently appointing shit managers.

1 minute ago, Roger_Dubuis said:
For the club to survive, somebody is going to have to get their money out and pay the players wages in the next fortnight.

I don't think Football Ventures suggestion of having the wages deferred is good enough.If that's the only offer on the table in a fortnight I think we will be thrown out of the league and liquidated.The League won't put up with an unreliable club cancelling matches because they don't pay their wage bill.

IF Fawaz will get his money out and pay the wages then he should be welcomed, even if he has a history of incompetently appointing shit managers.

Anyone who will get out £25M immediately would be welcomed. I think the difficulty is that it really is that sort of amount to pay off creditors and fund the football club operation. If Fawaz will do it then  great. I somehow suspect that would not be the case and we'd be looking at another set of false promises. 

38 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

The £2.9 million was the amount when the administrators took control. The £1.2 million is the current amount according to the list of creditors. Why I don’t know. For the record, in the other unpublished report it gives the figure as uncertain.

What have we learned today - Hotel Administrators Report

Loads of stuff in here  so let's start out with a crowd pleaser first then

- Ken's not been cooperating with the Administrator - Appendix 1, para 6.1, page 8.  Boo, hiss!

- Now that's got rid of 90% of the haters, we can settle down and go through this dispassionately and note that indeed PBP/(Michael James) are indeed the First Charge holder (Iles 0, Sluffy 1) and Ken in second place, with no others shown as secured.

- Kens charged as I had previously stated was splattered across Burnden Leisure and everything else under their umbrella (surprising what knowledge you can apparently pick up from Google and CH isn't it?), and as such what he gets from the clubs administrator will be offset against his claim against the hotel.

-  The Administrator has estimated that after the sale there would be some monies left to pay 15p in the £ to them (well 15.33p actually).

- This then would show an estimated sale to bring in around £9.5m being James £5.5m, Ken £3.5m (£5m less £1.5m the club Administrator and assuming the other alleged £2.5m he claims as part of his £7.5m charge is not accepted by these Admins in the same way they hadn't with the clubs Admin) and around £350k as 15.33% of the unsecured creditors who total £2.4m) - in which case James would be the major creditor unless nearly all the unsecured creditors (with their gross claims - not the 15p in the £ settlement amount) would have to vote with Ken to have majority say and seeing that the single largest unsecured creditor is BWFC itself for £1.2m and that's now under the clubs Admins control then it is hard to see that happening.  The Town Hall is next highest with £675k owing to them (us if you pay your Council Tax to Bolton Council)

- The Administrator specifically makes this crucial point - "...the company [the Hotel] is inextricably linked to the football club, the sale of the hotel is highly contingent on the sale of the football club" - App 1, 5.5, page 7.  

- The Administrator states that there is a hierarchy of what is job is about, the first being to save the business, the second to do the best for the creditors (App 1, 4.1/4.2, p 6.) and seems to say that equates to seeing if he could achieve a CVA first and foremost, if not the a sale comes next.  I can only speculate with the clear delay in attempting to market and sell the hotel whose future (and value) is "inextricably linked" to the fate of the club, that the hotel Admin has tried to go down the CVA road first, failed, and now is playing catch up on a sale?  Otherwise his actions of not marketing and seeking a buyer much sooner could be majorly prejudicial to the creditors he represents if the value of the hotel to potential purchasers plummet if the club fails to find a buyer (because of the hotel not being in a position to be sold) and has to be liquidated because of it?  Anyway, it is how it is and we move on.  It is though worth noting that point 1.3 in the Executive Summary (page 3) that they state they believed a CVA was achievable!

- It's worth noting also that the Hotel is currently trading but not profitable enough to pay its outstanding creditors (App 1, 4.3, p6), so in no way - and totally contrary to Nixon's public assertions (and I believe Iles more restrained ones) could the hotel fund the football club and keep it solvent from its own trading position.

- Finally there's a great deal about the Administrators charges that to be honest I'm not particularly interested in - they are what they are - but it seems from the Executive Summary that he states his fee to be somewhere in excess of £525k (Expenses table, 1.4, page3)  The table also shows an anticipated trading loss of £250k, which I presume(?) would be for the hotel during the period of Administration (I'm not absolutely sure though).

Hope this helps a bit in understanding some of the stuff the report is saying.