Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

1 minute ago, Biggish Dave said:

Venkys were useless at Rovers but seem not too bad now. Maybe Fawaz will also have learned a lesson if we end up with him.

Bet all those venky out nob heads are looking across at us thinking maybe they aren’t that bad after all 

1 minute ago, Biggish Dave said:

Venkys were useless at Rovers but seem not too bad now. Maybe Fawaz will also have learned a lesson if we end up with him.

Not if my twitter feed is anything to go by today, fuck me there's some numb cunts support Forest

"I'd rather go into administration than have Fawaz"

"You don't understand. With Fawaz we had players not paid, we were in court all the time we had no kit at one stage"

"Honestly if you get Fawaz in charge I'm lumping on you getting relegated from League 1"

10 minutes ago, JJ10 said:

Wonder how much Forest spent on players under Fawaz? Must of been a bit, they signed assombalonga etc etc. Can’t be that bad. 

It might have been an idea to throw his hat into the ring at any point over the past 2 years. 

Maybe the so called £30m asking price of times past wasn’t all too bad afterall...

55 minutes ago, John Thomas said:

Has Andersons debt he built up got anything to do with it?

You need to be more specific in what you are asking.

If you are asking has Anderson's personal debt (both secured and unsecured) he built up in the club, then you will need to look what would have happened if he hadn't.

The secured money (irrespective of where it came from) paid off the BM debt.  At the time they had a winder outstanding against us and were threatening to crystallise their debt and take ownership of the hotel.  The unsecured debt was what I believe he put in to pay the wages one month to prevent a home game being cancelled (and whatever the penalty from the EFL would result in as a consequence).

Seeing that the current Administrator is liquidising the company that owns the club when the FV sale comes fruition (or immediately if they walk away), then I suggest it was best for nearly all of us (obviously not the unsecured creditors), that this was done at the end of the season and not during it as we could have been thrown out of the league for being to all intents and purposes insolvent and having no time to achieve a sale to a 'newco' - look how long this sale to FV has been ongoing since we fell into Administration - the EFL certainly couldn't allow that to happen half way through a season with a club (officially) unable to financially itself to the end of the season and having to carry out an uncertain sale whilst the league was in progress.  Ken Anderson may well have been able to turn a blind eye to the financial state of the club to get it to the end of the season but an official Administrator certainly could not.

If you are asking if the clubs debts built up because of how Anderson ran the business (and had not caused it to fail by doing something illegal) then I refer you to the previous paragraph.

Like it or not, whether Ken is the Devil or is not, the bottom line was that under Anderson's ownership the club managed just about to the end of the season (apart from the Brentford players strike that achieved nothing other than bring down possible additional and unwelcome sanctions against us that are still to be announced) before we collapsed and FV became the only purchaser to meet the Administrators conditions and they in effect managed to put us on life support pending a sale (which I believe will happen) before we died along with the company that owned us, Bolton Wanderers Football and Athletic Club, which will be liquidated once the club is sold on.

4 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Id take him now over FV. Couldn’t give a toss about his record at Forest at least he’s some money. 

Wow!

With fans like you I wouldn't blame Michael James and EDT thinking to themselves 'why are we even bothering'  and walking away.

No doubt you, Shortland and your mates would be more than happy for that to happen.

21 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

Wow!

With fans like you I wouldn't blame Michael James and EDT thinking to themselves 'why are we even bothering'  and walking away.

No doubt you, Shortland and your mates would be more than happy for that to happen.

I think you know where you stand with me chief. In that I think your content is factual, unbiased and accurate but your delivery lacks incision and an appreciation that most folk dont do  finance for a living.

It's one o clock on a Sunday morning mate. 

For all the Forest fans say about Fawaz, he kept the lights on and spent some money. 

Whatever you think of him that would be progress from where we are now. 

Venkys made massive mistakes at Rovers but I'd take them tomorrow as per posts above.

Don't mock your fellow supporters for caring mate, it's not a good look. 

It does beggar belief that some of our fellow supporters can threaten to throw the towel in on the club their, kids, brothers, fathers and grandparents support.  I’m sorry, but I think we have a duty to fight on if we are fortunate enough to kick another football.   When the HMS Sheffield and Sir Galahad got sunk in The Falklands our troops didn’t throw white flags up in the air, they fought on and got the job done.  It’s not anybody’s fault who’s negotiating contracts at the club, so let’s have a bit of patience whilst there’s still lights on.   Chill out, it’s not in our hands, but time will tell. 

2 hours ago, John Thomas said:

Has Andersons debt he built up got anything to do with it?

Putting aside the fact that it's the club's debt as opposed to his debt that he built up...opinion is divided as we still don't have access to the accounts or know what has gone on behind the scenes, but my view is that at best he was incompetent given that the club was losing money hand over fist so anyone with an ounce of intelligence should have seen the train coming from miles away - losing money year upon year can only lead to one possible outcome i.e.bankruptcy and he should have acted much, much earlier. Better still, he might not have got involved in the first place as the club would have gone into administration three years ago when it was a far better proposition to buy.

It also looks likely that Anderson carefully avoided putting himself in front of the oncoming train as he remains a creditor so is likely to get away without much in the way of damage to his personal finances - certainly not compared to the damage to BWFC.

And it's rumoured that in the early part of his tenure when things didn't look so bad, he turned down offers to buy the club because he wasn't getting enough personally out of the deal - remember all those "tyre - kickers" and billionaires who "couldn't provide proof of funds"? Too late now Ken.

Obviously with his track record for asset-stripping companies, there could well be a more sinister side to all of this but as it stands we are all being kept in the dark so nobody knows for sure what he's done or what degree of responsibility - other than managerial incompetence - he has.

And until the facts come out opinion will remain divided.

6 hours ago, Sluffy said:

Wow!

Shorthand and my mates WTF you on about? And if FV can cobble a deal together I’ll back them by buying my season ticket, continuing my goldline and lifeline, backing the club like I have done for not far short of 50 years. 

Guest Nordkurve
6 hours ago, Breightmet Boy said:

It does beggar belief that some of our fellow supporters can threaten to throw the towel in on the club their, kids, brothers, fathers and grandparents support.  I’m sorry, but I think we have a duty to fight on if we are fortunate enough to kick another football.   When the HMS Sheffield and Sir Galahad got sunk in The Falklands our troops didn’t throw white flags up in the air, they fought on and got the job done.  It’s not anybody’s fault who’s negotiating contracts at the club, so let’s have a bit of patience whilst there’s still lights on.   Chill out, it’s not in our hands, but time will tell. 

There's a massive difference between being at war (or conflict) and a football club being in the shit. I don't know how you can even equate the two things. In this day and age where every single game can usually be found live somewhere online it doesn't surprise me one bit that people have lost interest. How many were on at the Boro game at the end of last season ? Someone said around 5000 season ticket holders couldn't be arsed to turn up. That says it all. Watching the dire football served up over the last few years has probably made a lot of people change their minds about giving a fuck now.

7 hours ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

I think you know where you stand with me chief. In that I think your content is factual, unbiased and accurate but your delivery lacks incision and an appreciation that most folk dont do  finance for a living.

It's one o clock on a Sunday morning mate. 

For all the Forest fans say about Fawaz, he kept the lights on and spent some money. 

Whatever you think of him that would be progress from where we are now. 

Venkys made massive mistakes at Rovers but I'd take them tomorrow as per posts above.

Don't mock your fellow supporters for caring mate, it's not a good look. 

For the benefit of us all, would you be kind enough to set out in a clear and incisive way:

1. How much you believe the debt increased during KA's chairmanship?
  2. How much you believe KA took out and how much of it you believe went to Holdsworth and the liquidators of SSBWFC?
  3. How much the administrators costs have amounted to so far and what they are predicted to amount to?
  4. How much you believe KA borrowed and injected into the club in an attempt to try to avoid insolvency?

Edited by Chris Custodiet