Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

1 minute ago, jules_darby said:

If so that’s two crackpots together 

Nightingale was the one who had a pop at James and EDT at the public meeting the ST held a month or so back.

I just wonder if the ST has backed the wrong horse again by lumping on Bassini - they did after all have meetings with him and didn't they get invited into the Directors personal box to watch a game with him at one time.

It would be so funny if they are backing him against FV/Michael James.

10 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

Nightingale was the one who had a pop at James and EDT at the public meeting the ST held a month or so back.

I just wonder if the ST has backed the wrong horse again by lumping on Bassini - they did after all have meetings with him and didn't they get invited into the Directors personal box to watch a game with him at one time.

It would be so funny if they are backing him against FV/Michael James.

I doubt they're backing him. I think it's more likely that he was the only one willing to meet with them.

4 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I doubt they're backing him. I think it's more likely that he was the only one willing to meet with them.

I'm not even saying it is Nightingale - it does look like him to me though - but if you don't want FV/James/EDT and Bassini is the only alternative...?

You never know!

They've already burned their bridges if FV become the new owners don't forget.

9 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

That piece of paper that Bassini was wafting about that said Mike Blood of Brabners at the bottom.

Well he joined JMW from Brabners a few years ago

FFS Laurence :D

absolute quality 🤣

Bassini really is the gift that keeps giving.

(great spot btw)

It's funny, I've just watched the clips that the Lion of Vienna Twitter account has posted and I've come away with a different impression. Yes Bassini comes across as something of a comical figure, but he's stood in front of a lot of people and he's been happy to answer questions on a lot of sensitive subjects. 

I have no idea what his objectives are for showing up tonight, but he's talking about judicial review and he sounds confident that he has some kind of case. 

He's hinting that the process has not been conducted honestly. I've no idea whether that's true or not, but I do wonder why someone would stand up and say all of this in front of the national media unless they're either crazy or they can prove what they're saying.

Maybe my suspicion of the party line we've been fed on Wanderers over the past few years is skewing my view on this. Fact is I don't trust many of the characters involved further than I could throw them. 

3 minutes ago, ProfessorWoland said:

It's funny, I've just watched the clips that the Lion of Vienna Twitter account has posted and I've come away with a different impression. Yes Bassini comes across as something of a comical figure, but he's stood in front of a lot of people and he's been happy to answer questions on a lot of sensitive subjects. 

I have no idea what his objectives are for showing up tonight, but he's talking about judicial review and he sounds confident that he has some kind of case. 

He's hinting that the process has not been conducted honestly. I've no idea whether that's true or not, but I do wonder why someone would stand up and say all of this in front of the national media unless they're either crazy or they can prove what they're saying.

Maybe my suspicion of the party line we've been fed on Wanderers over the past few years is skewing my view on this. Fact is I don't trust many of the characters involved further than I could throw them. 

Fuck sakes...look into his history...he’s a bellend who threatens legal action here there and everywhere but never actually follows it up. He’s stood there with fake paperwork that as above has been completely debunked.

The man is mentally ill. And his history shows this is exactly what he does. But sure, believe him over court appointed administrators. That makes absolute sense...

He was also saying on SSN his previous ban wasn't right either though and "I'll prove it, you'll see"

Fantasist.

You can't just keep showing up saying I love this club (what's he basing that on, I'd never heard of him before this sorry saga and that's including his Watford shambles) and waving nonsense documents around and expect people to suddenly trust and follow you.

Better off as far away from this person as we can get. 

2 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

He was also saying on SSN his previous ban wasn't right either though and "I'll prove it, you'll see"

Fantasist.

You can't just keep showing up saying I love this club (what's he basing that on, I'd never heard of him before this sorry saga and that's including his Watford shambles) and waving nonsense documents around and expect people to suddenly trust and follow you.

Better off as far away from this person as we can get. 

This with bells on.

10 minutes ago, ProfessorWoland said:

I think it's probably the former...

Bassinis email from solicitor says he was offering ~11M quid...backed by Sullivan...nothing at all like the £25M claimed by Nixon and others....

Amazing how many lies Bassini has been caught telling with his own paperwork....

13 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Fuck sakes...look into his history...he’s a bellend who threatens legal action here there and everywhere but never actually follows it up. He’s stood there with fake paperwork that as above has been completely debunked.

The man is mentally ill. And his history shows this is exactly what he does. But sure, believe him over court appointed administrators. That makes absolute sense...

I'm well aware of his history and you'll note that I'm not saying that I want him as the new owner. 

I am saying that when he says this process has been conducted in an underhand manner that I found myself wondering if he has a point.