Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

7 hours ago, Benny The Ball said:

(4) Rubins threatens to liquidate the club If Quantuma dont agree to sell the Hotel immediately to FV . Whilst I accept that there is an argument that Quantuma have to get the best price they can for the creditors of the hotel , If the football club is liquidated the Hotels value will immediately plummet . 

All of the above are problematic and I think that is why we are where we are 

Option 4 would be the preferred option of the above  providing they agree a deal  because its the only option that Guarantees FV get the Hotel this week 

Without some compromise between the 2 administrators and the respective secured creditors there does not appear to be a solution prior to next weekend  

My guess fwiw, is that something akin to this has happened - hence why the EFL aren't sabre rattling with is like they are with Bury.

I am of the opinion that a CVA for the hotel would then have taken place.

I suspect therefore that Quantuma may have already received bids on the hotel and are having to extract themselves from the legal position they may well find themselves in by having to negotiate that the sale position has been/will be cancelled (significant change in circumstances if the club is liquidated and the hotel is left high and dry because of it) and extract themselves from costs they will undoubtedly receive from those who had worked on such bids for the hotel.

Therefore the delay in the process may have nothing to do with FV or their finances and it is they who are waiting to sign and complete the purchase of the club and ownership of the hotel via a CVA.

6 hours ago, Sluffy said:

My guess fwiw, is that something akin to this has happened - hence why the EFL aren't sabre rattling with is like they are with Bury.

I am of the opinion that a CVA for the hotel would then have taken place.

I suspect therefore that Quantuma may have already received bids on the hotel and are having to extract themselves from the legal position they may well find themselves in by having to negotiate that the sale position has been/will be cancelled (significant change in circumstances if the club is liquidated and the hotel is left high and dry because of it) and extract themselves from costs they will undoubtedly receive from those who had worked on such bids for the hotel.

Therefore the delay in the process may have nothing to do with FV or their finances and it is they who are waiting to sign and complete the purchase of the club and ownership of the hotel via a CVA.

efl issued a warning that it they have to be happy today or els. so today has to be the day or wycombe will probly be off

• Members
9 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

The only thing worth recognising on this thread for the past fuck knows how many pages. Because it’s a fact that nobody can argue about. Often forgotten as the man who scored the winner against Sunderland after BSA scored “that” header. Happy Birthday JB

I am with you brothers. What a player for us he was. The JB Shuffle. Legend.

Happy birthday JB.

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, Sluffy said:

In simple terms (not meaning to be patronising) the Administrator has said in his report that he (and the Agents he has appointed to assist with the Administration) have undertaken all the work so far (as at 5th July) without payment.  The Administrators cost at that time being £561k.

Be as patronising as you want here but weren't most of this forum bleating about KA taking a not dissimilar figure for a year's salary/consultancy fee? 

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Be as patronising as you want here but weren't most of this forum bleating about KA taking a not dissimilar figure for a year's salary/consultancy fee? 

The administrators have been quite open about their fees

KA made on he hadn't taken anything before admitting he took fees and bonuses

33 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

The administrators have been quite open about their fees

KA made on he hadn't taken anything before admitting he took fees and bonuses

You could argue the administrators are doing the job KA couldn’t do also. 

6 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Is there a deadline for registering players?

12pm the day before the game.

We also need to actually get players signing contracts before registration. I hope this has been going on behind the scenes - you would imagine it has.

Get the deal over the line and sign up who we can. If FV get this done we'll have a team out on Saturday. It might not be an ideal one but there will be 11 lads with Bolton Wanderers shirts on lining up on the pitch. We've then a month to sort the squad out before the deadline. Its not in any way ideal but its secondary to actually having a club to support. 

6 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

Can I recommend to everyone they read the article that's gone on the Lion of Vienna website 

https://lionofviennasuite.sbnation.com/2019/7/28/8934142/bolton-wanderers-what-have-we-become

Excellent summary of our situation and raises some very interesting side Issues - Paul aldridge Keith Cousins amongst others 

From reading it, it would make you think there’s a conspiracy to kill Bolton with all the shady characters that are involved with the club.

15 minutes ago, Mantra said:

From reading it, it would make you think there’s a conspiracy to kill Bolton with all the shady characters that are involved with the club.

We have had a succession folk sucking the life out of the club, club can’t take much more, we are on life support, won’t take much now for us to flat line. Sad times.