Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

2 minutes ago, snowball said:

If we do go pop.one thing i wont miss is miserable gits like you. Stick to bolton news comments page. Middle of nowhere - fuck off . Always doing us down. We are not a big club for an unfashionable town team and our attendances compare with counter parts like Burnley, Blackburn, Preston, Barnsley, Uddersfield, etc. Bournemouth? Get stuffed

The funny thing is I'm not a miserable git, I'm probably one of the most optimistic people on here. I'm just explaining the reality of why some people may not find it an attractive investment opportunity (especially when they have no emotive attraction to the club). 

I'm not saying it can't be turned around, in fact I don't think it would take much to restore the positive attitude around the club. But an outsider looking in might not think so in its current state.

Hopefully FV can complete the deal, restore some faith in the club, move us slightly forward, and sell us to someone who now sees a reason to invest more cash. 

18 minutes ago, BIGBW said:

Too much debt, crap fan turnout (even in Prem), stadium in the middle of nowhere, high chance we end up in League 2, money hole for what may never be a prem club again. Even if we did make it back to prem, we'd probably have lowest crowds outside Bournemouth (and that's only due to the size of their stadium.

Back in Prem ha, we'll be lucky to see the Championship in the next decade. 

4 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

They've got players, Euxton, Christopher Park, the Soccerdome and land near it,  higher revenue for the next few years,  much less debt, and revenue from Rugby League.

Think we sold Euxton for £2m, let’s assume it’s worth about that 

not sure what Christopher park is? 

We have land near our ground that has been highly daughter after

They have a soccer done, we have a hotel 

Appreciate they have players but with that comes a big wage bI’ll, we don’t have players but also don’t have those outgoings 

I don’t see a great deal of difference in value 

The fact that we have one team that bid 25k to see the books, given that 25k is nothing in footballing terms to prospective owners who are multi millionaires or even billionaires, backs up your point more than it does mine.

Im obviously bias because I know how good the club can be when we’re doing well but I do think we have more favourable points than just founder member status and historic Cup wins.

15 minutes ago, Sweep said:

The stadium, certainly in the bottom couple of divisions, is going to be a big problem. Like it or not, those top tiers (or at least 3 of them) are going to need to be closed for the foreseeable future.

I know it's too late, but I wonder if there was any merit in selling the ground and flattening it, and then sharing with Leigh RL (if they would let us) for a few years, whilst we get back on our feet?!!?

Also, where are the ST in all this, they seem to be being very quiet.

Back on our feet ?, how does playing at Leigh help with that as we will pay rent and give away any rights to profits we achieve. And how much do you think it will cost to flatten the stadium, dont forget most of the alleged profit from Burnden went in clearing the site.

3 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

There's only not been much in it since we entered administration.

Of course 

but then again, how much debt have we actually written off with admin? I don’t know but I would be surprised if it’s more than £6m-£8m, a lot of debt was secured. 

We have had hefty administration fees in return, along with points deductions and an embargo 

14 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Of course 

but then again, how much debt have we actually written off with admin? I don’t know but I would be surprised if it’s more than £6m-£8m, a lot of debt was secured. 

We have had hefty administration fees in return, along with points deductions and an embargo 

But even the exact figure of the secured debt has been is/was reportedly uncertain. When buying the club prior to administration I expect that any prospective buyer would have been asked to pay, at the very least, the full amount of what the secured creditors thought they were owed. Nixon gets a lot wrong but I remember he reported that the true level of our debt before entering administration was just over £41M. I wouldn't be surprised if that figure wasn't close to the reality.

And even if the asking prices were identical, as sad as this is, they currently offer more for any prospective buyer's money.

23 minutes ago, BIGBW said:

The funny thing is I'm not a miserable git, I'm probably one of the most optimistic people on here. I'm just explaining the reality of why some people may not find it an attractive investment opportunity (especially when they have no emotive attraction to the club). 

I'm not saying it can't be turned around, in fact I don't think it would take much to restore the positive attitude around the club. But an outsider looking in might not think so in its current state.

Hopefully FV can complete the deal, restore some faith in the club, move us slightly forward, and sell us to someone who now sees a reason to invest more cash. 

Ok fair enough. I just cant see anyone in their right minds buying us as it stands. Debt level is frightening and mis management over last few years unbelievable 

Just now, DomRepWanderer said:

·
4m

Big meeting today and - as you'd expect - some peeved players at one stage. Session was ended early but there is no talk of refusing to train for the rest of the week, as I understand it. Happy for anyone to correct me

No news on Saturdays game though. Presume it’s off.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Iles latest tweet.
·
11m

Bolton player: “This is Not a strike or refusal, we are all just emotionally drained and everyone in some capacity is mentally fatigued with the rollercoaster of the deal getting done” all players are expected to train tomorrow

I've been critical of the players but thats fair enough

However, I can assure them that there's a few thousand others equally fucking drained

2 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Not sure what your point is? FV had a plan and cash to back it up. Perhaps the plan was risky or cash not really enough. But nobody else had anything....so what do you want the admins to do?

The point is that FV's plan immediately relied on multiple things happening that were/are out of their control. All it would've taken was a phone call to either the hotel administrators or the PFA/Andy Taylor for it to hit the rocks. But it took weeks for that all to reveal itself.

As for nobody else having anything, there were five bids. No doubt probably all chancers and no hopers, but FV have shown to be little better. Why the rush to give them a clear run at it? Why were timeframes for the deal's completion suggested that were completely impossible?

Nothing in the statement announcing a preferred bidder suggested that five days before the season starts they'd be asking Clayton Donaldson to part fund their bid.

1 hour ago, DomRepWanderer said:

·
6m

Contracted players offered 100 per cent of money by FV on day one, but looks like staggered offer made to ex-players/non-contracted players the big issue.

Seems a non-starter, especially given there are four or five non-contracted ex-players still training and playing for us, who we'd presumably be expecting to sign when we exit admin.