Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

8 minutes ago, Matthew1234 said:

Its just the nerves! I've been telling myself every day that its going to happen, so the doubts crept in. Rationally speaking, today would make the most sense given that it then allows tomorrow to get contracts signed and players registered before Fridays deadline.

There is no way the EFL would allow the game to go ahead if we were looking like it wouldn't be completed in time to get player registration sorted. I remain hopeful, yet somewhat sceptical

Think of it as  like waiting for your wife / girlfriend to give birth 

Its going to happen soon , so let nature  take its course and rest assured that in the event we get close to the cut off point, it will be induced , or in this case the administrator will sort it . 

Edited by Benny The Ball

41 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Nixon is like a bi-polar journo. everything is fine one minute then doom and gloom the next. Call him out or if your mates call him out, you're a gonner. he's a dickhead

He's tiresome - "The takeover is almost complete"" followed by "The takeover is in doubt"...... repeat once a week For 6 months.

Just fuck off Nixon.

Wish all these fucking journalists would stop with the mysterious tweets, they're employed to tell the news/facts, not fucking write the next cliffhanger episode of game of thrones, does my fucking head in, just say what's going on or what you've heard instead of this shite!!!!

26 minutes ago, Matthew1234 said:

Nixon is absolute magic - his latest tweet:

There’s nothing else been coming in. Needs a takeover to pay the players. Tick tock.

Yes, Alan.You would think so.

To be fair to Nixon, he was only responding to a comment that suggested that the fee Celtic paid for Connell should be used to pay the players wages!

1 minute ago, Matthew1234 said:

Im not sure accurate Jack Dearden has been in the past but hes not so sure we will get an announcement today. Hope he is wrong...

He says it will be before weekend. The EFL only allowed us to play Saturday on condition it was done. So EFL must be fairly confident. Today or tomorrow I suspect. If not the game will not take place. 

• Site Supporter
55 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

Think of it as  like waiting for your wife / girlfriend to give birth 

Its going to happen soon , so let nature  take its course and rest assured that in the event we get close to the cut off point, it will be induced , or in this case the administrator will sort it . 

Aye, but at least you have some responsibility in that (hopefully!)

1 hour ago, barrycowdrill said:

Anyone still buy the Sun? No. Why? Because it’s full of absolute garbage 

so anyone believing one of its small time reporters are simpletons 

if I wiped my arse and tried to read it there’d be less shit

When I worked in Liverpool(2001-04) some visitor got a copy of "The Sun" out in a coffee area. One of the natives set fire to it.

11 minutes ago, MalcolmW said:

When I worked in Liverpool(2001-04) some visitor got a copy of "The Sun" out in a coffee area. One of the natives set fire to it.

The Sun isn't sold in Liverpool anymore, the folks have boycotted it because of the lies they reported when Hillsborough happened

18 minutes ago, Pricey said:

The Sun isn't sold in Liverpool anymore, the folks have boycotted it because of the lies they reported when Hillsborough happened

They sold it in Liverpool airport a few years back

i picked one up in WH Smith’s a fella said “you should be ashamed for picking that up” 

I said “what the fucks it gotta do with me I’m a Bolton fan. And it’s being sold in LIVERPOOL airport. So tell it it some other fucker” 

still playing the victims going on holiday 

3 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

They sold it in Liverpool airport a few years back

i picked one up in WH Smith’s a fella said “you should be ashamed for picking that up” 

I said “what the fucks it gotta do with me I’m a Bolton fan. And it’s being sold in LIVERPOOL airport. So tell it it some other fucker” 

still playing the victims going on holiday 

Football aside, you should still be ashamed.

Worked on Breck Road in Anfield back the mid 90’s. paper shop across the road (Ireland’s iirc) sold more copies of the sun than any other paper. I picked one up in the morning, got shitloads of abuse fron the lads, but they still all borrowed it for a read.