Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

3 minutes ago, Pricey said:

Can't find the Steven Pressley is a cunt thread pal, send it my way will ya please

😂😂 - been pretty much a free for all this thread since inception. Taken 903 pages of complete bollox for someone to be pulled up! 😂

11 minutes ago, auckland_bwfc said:

😂😂 - been pretty much a free for all this thread since inception. Taken 903 pages of complete bollox for someone to be pulled up! 😂

Just my luck

10 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

The problem with joining and changing it, is that it is impossible to achieve.

The first issue is that they have to hold annual elections (that is part of their core constitution).  They held an initial one, didn't bother with the following years one, held one last year and are delayed in holding one this year (if at all) with it now being over 12 months to the day since the last one.

The second issue you face is that you have to be voted in - seeing they've never actually ever had an election determined by a vote (and it continues to look as though that will continue through the complete lack of apathy people have of the current Board), then you can't be democratically elected as such.

The final issue you face is that the ST Board are not all up for election, half of them always retain their seat on the Board serving for two year periods.  That means if there are no elections it will be up to the remaining Board members to co-opt people to the Board and who do you think they would choose, you or their three mates who are re-standing?

Even if the unlikely happens, and you are co-opted you would be one voice against six others on the Board for at least a year and the following years AGM (if they bothered to hold one!) would more than likely return at least one of their mates who had to re-stand, and thus give them the majority on the Board again for your full two years of office.

They've got it all stitched up.

No one is going to waste their time to try to change them from the inside - its an impossibility.

And how relevant do you think they are going to be for the next few years when FV eventually becomes the clubs owner after the ST's outburst at Michael James, who will of course be a part owner of the club!

The individuals who have started the ST and continue to run it to this day have done so with their own agendas in mind and not as a public representative body as it is set up to be.

I've said as much from the very early days and several on here (including yourself) have blasted me for it but I think it's becoming clearer to all (probably Mounts excluded) that the way they have conducted themselves have had little to no benefit in representing the fans and supporters to the club as they purported to do.

The ST is simply not fit for purpose under the current board - surely that is blatantly obvious to all by now?

well said 

32 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

The first issue is that they have to hold annual elections (that is part of their core constitution).  They held an initial one, didn't bother with the following years one, held one last year and are delayed in holding one this year (if at all) with it now being over 12 months to the day since the last one.

The second issue you face is that you have to be voted in - seeing they've never actually ever had an election determined by a vote (and it continues to look as though that will continue through the complete lack of apathy people have of the current Board), then you can't be democratically elected as such.

The final issue you face is that the ST Board are not all up for election, half of them always retain their seat on the Board serving for two year periods.  That means if there are no elections it will be up to the remaining Board members to co-opt people to the Board and who do you think they would choose, you or their three mates who are re-standing?

Even if the unlikely happens, and you are co-opted you would be one voice against six others on the Board for at least a year and the following years AGM (if they bothered to hold one!) would more than likely return at least one of their mates who had to re-stand, and thus give them the majority on the Board again for your full two years of office.

No one is going to waste their time to try to change them from the inside - its an impossibility.

And how relevant do you think they are going to be for the next few years when FV eventually becomes the clubs owner after the ST's outburst at Michael James, who will of course be a part owner of the club!

The individuals who have started the ST and continue to run it to this day have done so with their own agendas in mind and not as a public representative body as it is set up to be.

I've said as much from the very early days and several on here (including yourself) have blasted me for it but I think it's becoming clearer to all (probably Mounts excluded) that the way they have conducted themselves have had little to no benefit in representing the fans and supporters to the club as they purported to do.

The ST is simply not fit for purpose under the current board - surely that is blatantly obvious to all by now?

Ok without entering protracted point for point arguments all I will say is that if fans of a differing perspective did turn up mob handed at an AGM things would change & the incumbents would be removed following a show of no confidence I agree thats unlikely( given the cv type nomination paper etc) but not impossible .Oh I agree its not fit for purpose  so (sluffy ) no need to reply

Edited by Take Hunt Off

41 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

I was recently speaking to a board member from Nottingham Forest and he claims that at one point the club increased its season ticket number by almost 5,000 through the support of supporters clubs. I feel like there need to be additional supporters groups that challenge the Supporter's Trust into either being something or pissing off. 

Debbie Jevans from the EFL was on BBC Manchester Radio before. She said it’s just case that  formal documentation needs signing for takeover to be complete. But she was pretty much saying if it’s not complete the game is off on Saturday 

Edited by Okocha10

19 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

Debbie Jevans from the EFL was on BBC Manchester Radio before. She said it’s just case that  formal documentation needs signing for takeover to be complete. But she was pretty much saying if it’s not complete the game is off on Saturday 

The interview is available on BBC Radio Manchester (Sport at Six) on iPlayer. You need a BBC account to listen to it. Link here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p07ghf05

There's stuff re. Bolton & Bury which starts about 10:15 in . Interview with Debbie Jevans starts from 11:10 onwards.

Edited by Havoc

18 minutes ago, Havoc said:

The interview is available on BBC Radio Manchester (Sport at Six) on iPlayer. You need a BBC account to listen to it. Link here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p07ghf05

There's stuff re. Bolton & Bury which starts about 10:15 in . Interview with Debbie Jevans starts from 11:10 onwards.

Thanks for that. Can't believe they didn't ask about the Brentford decision though.

17 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Thanks for that. Can't believe they didn't ask about the Brentford decision though.

From the first ten minutes or so of that Sports show, they seemed to be more worried about the floods in Cheshire today. They think that's bad, they should have been at the Bolton vs Zenit St. Petersburg UEFA Cup game at the (then) Reebok years ago...

1 minute ago, gonzo said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/07/31/family-lives-ruined-one-young-player-evicted-flat-human-cost/

presume this has been posted.

intresting the line at the end. 

Not a chance in hell we won’t be hearing from KA. He will fire the last bullet that’s for certain. 

I thought that myself, like Trump he simply cannot not have the last word.

Probably have to brace ourselves for it too because he'll want it to hurt.

1 minute ago, Marc505 said:

Honestly find it sad that Bolton fans seem to have accepted this man's injustices. I feel that other clubs would have been much quicker to stage demonstrations outsides his restaurants etc. 

2 hours ago, Benny The Ball said:

well said 

3 hours ago, Sluffy said:

I am now wishing , i hadn't brought the subject of the ST up.

I think you'll go a long way back before finding anyone saying the ST are brilliant. But at the same time, they were never the cause of our problems, and much of the shit flung at them was done so to deflect from the man who was/is.

1 hour ago, Marc505 said:

What the fuck can he say ? he'd already said he didnt care as he had made what he thought. 

The game being on on saturday is enough of a 'Get Fucked' for now.. 

i still think we'll go up. 

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/07/31/family-lives-ruined-one-young-player-evicted-flat-human-cost/

presume this has been posted.

intresting the line at the end. 

Not a chance in hell we won’t be hearing from KA. He will fire the last bullet that’s for certain. 

Kinell, I didn't know our players had driven to Nottm Forest in their cars because the owner wouldn't pay for a bus!

8 minutes ago, e2e4 said:

What the fuck can he say ? he'd already said he didnt care as he had made what he thought. 

The game being on on saturday is enough of a 'Get Fucked' for now.. 

i still think we'll go up. 

I dread to think what weapons grade shit he's sat on.

7 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Kinell, I didn't know our players had driven to Nottm Forest in their cars because the owner wouldn't pay for a bus!

I didn't , and I was stood outside forests main entrance after the game and watched the bus drive past with the majority of players on it , although a few did seem to be making their own way home.

9 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Well they’d just gone on strike the week before so I doubt the accounts manager felt compelled to get on the blower to dial a bus seeing as we tryers hadn’t been paid all season. 

Just now, gonzo said:

Well they’d just gone on strike the week before so I doubt the accounts manager felt compelled to get on the blower to dial a bus seeing as we tryers hadn’t been paid all season. 

There was a bus mate , I watched it drive past after the game .