Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

1 hour ago, Hoppy510 said:

Even if FV complete, by the time they've paid off the debts there isn't going to anything left to afford to get quality experienced professionals in and given that we're on negative points anyway throwing money at crap seems both a waste of time and dosh.

If you also factor in that we're currently losing our best young players for next to nothing doesn't it make sense to fill the squad with kids? - and if we're getting anyone in, spending what we have on more kids - and giving them a season to gain experience alongside the older donkeys we already have? I think I'd prefer to start the 20/21 season with a core of young talent that has been tried and tested and who would be far more likely to be loyal to BWFC than a bunch of crap mercenaries who will cost more money and probably be relegated anyway.

We might get battered every week for one season but...

* We get the sympathy vote from the stay away fans who might just get behind them

* We get a reputation amongst young prospects as a club that is serious about developing young players and giving them an opportunity to play - thereby attracting better quality kids in the future

* We come back stronger and build some sort of foundation/strategy to take the club forward on a lower budget

* We sort the wheat from the chaff early doors instead of keeping the no-hopers on the books for years

* We save money so when we do have to buy experienced players there's more of a chance of being able to afford a bit of quality

* The senior players will love - and benefit from - the experience of helping to develop younger players

Obviously I'd be happier with this approach if Connell, Turner, Politic etc were involved, but we have to start somewhere and I can't envisage a better time then now given that this season is pretty much a free hit.

If you had not already posted 337 times I would swear this was a fake wind up profile!!!

14 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Nixon and JME had a spat earlier. Who is wrong and who is right? Yellow, brown, black or white?

I don't even know what they're talking about but Nixon has been shown to be clueless most of the time.

I saw an amusing spoof Nixon account , " Reluctant thicko ", & one line was......" Ched Evans wants to sign for Bolton & won't take no for an answer, allegedly ".

3 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

JME is in a position to know an awful lot - makes some of his earlier tweets / comments all the more interesting 

Claims to be an insolvency expert and I do believe that but could he also be unsecured creditor as Nixon said? Or is he just annoyed that JME keeps pissing on his bonfire?

11 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Claims to be an insolvency expert and I do believe that but could he also be unsecured creditor as Nixon said? Or is he just annoyed that JME keeps pissing on his bonfire?

I think he is both -  which  makes this tweet all the more interesting 

JME 19742  ( on 25 July )  Tweeted 

Let me say. When this is over Paul Appleton deserves huge credit from Bolton fans for saving our club in very difficult circumstances & despite best efforts to sabotage by some who should know better. He could have given up & lots would.

5 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

I think he is both -  which  makes this tweet all the more interesting 

JME 19742  ( on 25 July )  Tweeted 

Let me say. When this is over Paul Appleton deserves huge credit from Bolton fans for saving our club in very difficult circumstances & despite best efforts to sabotage by some who should know better. He could have given up & lots would.

It’s a raise your hopes sort of tweet. Just hope he hasn’t jumped the gun 

35 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

The same Paul Appleton who's getting paid very handsomely to complete this deal?

If anything it's FV who deserve the credit imo....providing the deal gets finalized of course.

No issue with people getting paid if they deliver