Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, JJ10 said:

Seen a bit of post match stuff. 

Anybody else think Parky doesn’t seem confident he’s staying? 

Still questioning his future and talking about the new owners taking the club forward and pleasing the fans. 

He’s had a few meetings with Sharon, if she’d given him assurances surely he wouldn’t be so unsure?

Read the comments in the BN and he doesn't sound so sure.

That said, he's probably in a bit of a headfuck situation at the moment, not knowing what's up and down.

In fairness to him, the lest few months must have taken its toll.

5 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Read the comments in the BN and he doesn't sound so sure.

That said, he's probably in a bit of a headfuck situation at the moment, not knowing what's up and down.

In fairness to him, the lest few months must have taken its toll.

Yeah I agree, in the Bolton News article he talks about his meetings with Sharon but also mentions her being good for the club going forward even if he ain’t around.

If hes had meetings with her and she was keeping him surely she’d of given him those assurances. His comments would suggest not.

23 minutes ago, JJ10 said:

Seen a bit of post match stuff. 

Anybody else think Parky doesn’t seem confident he’s staying? 

Still questioning his future and talking about the new owners taking the club forward and pleasing the fans. 

He’s had a few meetings with Sharon, if she’d given him assurances surely he wouldn’t be so unsure?

I thought that too he was talking about the future as if he wasn’t going to be in it but Britton did seem confident about next week

9 hours ago, hughmungus said:

Not as many rules for rugby as football and because of the lack of any info re crowd size or where we can sit, this will all need to be in place before the SAG sanction the game. 

Are you an expert in this area?

4 minutes ago, Chrisj said:

I thought that too he was talking about the future as if he wasn’t going to be in it but Britton did seem confident about next week

Yeah, Bolton news he talks of meetings with Sharon, but openly questions his future. 

Doesn’t sound like someone who’s been given assurances he’s staying. 

Just now, JJ10 said:

Yeah, Bolton news he talks of meetings with Sharon, but openly questions his future. 

Doesn’t sound like someone who’s been given assurances he’s staying. 

If I was him I would quit must be worn down by it

16 minutes ago, Matthew1234 said:

Parkinson one of the only ones not to come over to the fans post game. I really don't think he will be here much longer

I think he’s been told already I just hope it goes through early next week

17 minutes ago, Matthew1234 said:

Parkinson one of the only ones not to come over to the fans post game. I really don't think he will be here much longer

I’m not reading too much in to that, I think quite rightly he wanted the players to take any acclaim. 

17 minutes ago, Morizio said:

Ok great. Can you explain about the different levels of safety certificate? 

The local authority policy document should be available as well. 

Which bit do you want, and why do I need to tell you when you can read it on the web ?

4 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I’m not reading too much in to that, I think quite rightly he wanted the players to take any acclaim. 

It just seemed odd at the time, even the Wycombe manager came over to us. Either way, his quotes don't sound very confident at all. You would think if he was meeting the potential owners they would have assured him over his position if they planned to keep him.

I saw Nigel Pearson linked - wouldn't mind that but can't see it happening all the same. 

Edited by Matthew1234

Just now, Matthew1234 said:

It must seemed odd at the time, even the Wycombe manager came over to us. Either way, his quotes don't sound very confident at all. You would think if he was meeting the potential owners they would have assured him over his position if they planned to keep him.

I saw Nigel Pearson linked - wouldn't mind that but can't see it happening all the same. 

Parky has been glowing in his praise for the fans so can’t say fairer than that.

Wouldn’t necessarily object to him staying even if just for a bit of continuity if nothing else. 

10 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Parky has been glowing in his praise for the fans so can’t say fairer than that.

Wouldn’t necessarily object to him staying even if just for a bit of continuity if nothing else. 

I'm not against Parky staying either. The priority has to be the takeover, and signings. We need bodies in ASAP

Don’t object to him staying at all with the way he’s handled everything.

Just found his post match comments really interesting. He really isn’t talking like somebody who know’s he’s staying. Quite the opposite. 

If Sharon wanted to keep him and he wanted to stay long term surely they’d of given each other those mutual assurances in the meetings they’ve had....I think he knows otherwise. 

He stays until the takeover is done, gets what he is owed. Then they appoint their own man & he gets a break from it all. 

I am not a big fan of Parky and his tactics but he's been excellent in the way he's dealt with all the turmoil and if he was to be given a chance by the new owners I would not complain I think He deserves that chance.

5 minutes ago, Rizlar said:

I am not a big fan of Parky and his tactics but he's been excellent in the way he's dealt with all the turmoil and if he was to be given a chance by the new owners I would not complain I think He deserves that chance.

I agree, he deffo deserves a chance... just the way he spoke post match he just didn’t seem like someone who was confident he was staying. 

You'd think having met the new owners a few times he’d have a fair idea. 

Edited by JJ10

2 hours ago, Matthew1234 said:

He was stood at side of pitch applauding. 

1 hour ago, Ani said:

He was stood at side of pitch applauding. 

Very surprised he didn't come over and thank the supporters at the end. Couldn't tell whether he was trying not to steal anybof the limelight from the young lads, or if he's past caring, or whether he knows something we dont. Whether we can read something in to it or not is another story.

9 hours ago, hughmungus said:

Which bit do you want, and why do I need to tell you when you can read it on the web ?

You are the expert so clarify it please. 

I suppose information on the web is only as accurate as when it was last updated.