Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

38 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

They will surely add legal costs to their fee. Paid on completion of sale. I don’t think they have any choice. Can’t wait till Wednesday. Of course if legal advice is that it’s unlikely to be overturned they won’t bother. 

Ive heard from someone who knows that if Bassini has a contract signed and evidence it has been breached that this could be hard to overturn instantly. In long run court will almost certainly rule against him but we don’t have long term. Not sure what evidence we have to show that contract was either breached or null and void. 

But , and this is difficult ,trying to take the emotion out of this for a minute , If he has managed to convince a Barrister that he has sufficient evidence to go to the High court and a Barrister is happy to run with it , and a judge is prepared to give it his consideration  

No matter what we think of Bassinis state of mind If he has sufficient "evidence" to get this far then maybe someone else has been economical with the truth and maybe that brings into play a number of other considerations -  

In particular does KA as the only director of the BWFC group leave himself open to subsequent challenges for not disclosing all material facts in respect of this potential sale /  ( agreed sale ?  )  to ED Trustees who put BWFC into administration and to  Paul Appleton the administrator ? 

Then there is the Hotel -  KA  personally put that into Administration rather than let ED Trustees do it as part of BWFC group , did the administrator of the Hotel know the situation. Then there are KA Solicitors  ( Walker Morris )  did they prepare all the documents Bassini has and is relying on and are they compromised by being involved in both the Bassini sale and at the same time by being Legal advisors to the administrators of the hotel 

Surely as sole director of the BWFC group  if he has done anything "wrong"  in respect of this he must be  potentially  personally liable given his obligations as a director 

Hopefully the Club administrator can quickly knock Bassinis claim on the head  but I really hope Bassini can somehow sue KA for loss of opportunity 

They always say what goes around comes around 

• Site Supporter

If that's genuine, Bassini is off his tits, and needs sectioning. Once we go pop, I wouldn't be surprised if he pulls his face off, Scooby Doo-like, and Lee Anderson emerges. Fucking mad now all this. 

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

But , and this is difficult ,trying to take the emotion out of this for a minute , If he has managed to convince a Barrister that he has sufficient evidence to go to the High court and a Barrister is happy to run with it , and a judge is prepared to give it his consideration  

No matter what we think of Bassinis state of mind If he has sufficient "evidence" to get this far then maybe someone else has been economical with the truth and maybe that brings into play a number of other considerations -  

In particular does KA as the only director of the BWFC group leave himself open to subsequent challenges for not disclosing all material facts in respect of this potential sale /  ( agreed sale ?  )  to ED Trustees who put BWFC into administration and to  Paul Appleton the administrator ? 

Then there is the Hotel -  KA  personally put that into Administration rather than let ED Trustees do it as part of BWFC group , did the administrator of the Hotel know the situation. Then there are KA Solicitors  ( Walker Morris )  did they prepare all the documents Bassini has and is relying on and are they compromised by being involved in both the Bassini sale and at the same time by being Legal advisors to the administrators of the hotel 

Surely as sole director of the BWFC group  if he has done anything "wrong"  in respect of this he must be  potentially  personally liable given his obligations as a director 

Hopefully the Club administrator can quickly knock Bassinis claim on the head  but I really hope Bassini can somehow sue KA for loss of opportunity 

I'll worry about Anderson when this is over

My head is banging

7 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

I suspect his gripe is ultimately with the EFL, who presumably told Ken that Bassini didn’t have the funds to complete.

15 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

New film on Netflix. 'Carry on Bolton Wanderers', Basinni played by Hatty Jaques and Michael James played by his Dad Sid 😃

This scene from Carry On Camping shows FV turning up at the stadium, only to be met by Bassini, played by Peter Butterworth 

1 hour ago, leebwfc said:

In what way? 

You must realise that this last paragraph of yours makes no sense whatsoever?

“These administrators and FV fucking about for so long is whats caused this. they put their bid in, got accepted, agreed price, accepted by the EFL and since then have been fucking about trying to change the deal, get loans, not pay the players etc etc.”

Do I need to explain that the only bid accepted was for the club and not the hotel? And FV do not want the club without the hotel?

1 minute ago, Ros Coe said:

You must realise that this last paragraph of yours makes no sense whatsoever?

“These administrators and FV fucking about for so long is whats caused this. they put their bid in, got accepted, agreed price, accepted by the EFL and since then have been fucking about trying to change the deal, get loans, not pay the players etc etc.”

Do I need to explain that the only bid accepted was for the club and not the hotel? And FV do not want the club without the hotel?

FV bid for the club in admin, it was agreed theirs was the highest, had proved funds, the ability to run the club for 2 years, accepted by the EFL and seemingly met the administrators requirements in regards to payment of creditors at the same time knowing the hotel was not a cert because of the separate administrators in place. If it then after the even turns out they cannot do as promised without the hotel, could that not suggest they have been fucking about somewhat and maybe didn't have the funds they claimed in the beginning?

You don't need to explain it no, because that wasn't my point anyway, my post was in answer to someone who thought that those who went to the stadium to see Bassini needed a kicking, I simply suggested that they didn't as we have ALL purged over this drama for months trying to get an angle on everything and hope it all works out. 

Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Putting the risk to his safety to one side, how the hell does Bassini reckon he'd be let in?

Not the owner, and has put the club at risk. I'm sure the door staff will just hold the door open and wish him well. 

He's a loon.

Given there won’t be a game it’s an even more fundamental issue...

1 - I don't think the ELF, will or can reduce or remove a points deduction.

2 - The sale of the club to him will have been contingent on him passing the fit and proper persons test, which he didn't. So the case won't go anywhere.

3 - Fair warning to Bassani, IF you come to the game at the weekend, there will be violence (not that i support it)

4 - I think it's funny because I'd bet £1000, more than Bassani probably has that Bassani is reading all of this, because he's a classic delusional narcissist.

4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Putting the risk to his safety to one side, how the hell does Bassini reckon he'd be let in?

Not the owner, and has put the club at risk. I'm sure the door staff will just hold the door open and wish him well. 

He's a loon.

That's why they made it £24, clearly they were trying to price him out of gaining entry.