Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

1 minute ago, leadfrog1 said:

different situation entirely

Has there been a situation like ours before? not sure anyone right now can say what will or could happen next tbf 

Think Blackpool just didnt have their points deduction enforced, rather than removed so yes very different 

6 minutes ago, leebwfc said:

Has there been a situation like ours before? not sure anyone right now can say what will or could happen next tbf 

Think Blackpool just didnt have their points deduction enforced, rather than removed so yes very different 

In Blackpool's case, it wasn't the club itself that was insolvent. For that reason, they were never issued with a points deduction.

4 minutes ago, Danny G said:

still clearly mental but he has managed to do what he promised which was stop the sale, he said he would. Whatever story and evidence he showed to the judge was enough to grant the block (for now). 

Think there's more than just Laurence talking shit at the very least 

6 minutes ago, leebwfc said:

still clearly mental but he has managed to do what he promised which was stop the sale, he said he would. Whatever story and evidence he showed to the judge was enough to grant the block (for now). 

Think there's more than just Laurence talking shit at the very least 

Please just fuck off. The bloke is not far away from taking the club down. He’s not right in the head. It disturbs me that anyone would give him the time of day. After this though, how numb do you have to be?

Just now, bwfcfan5 said:

Please just fuck off. The bloke is not far away from taking the club down. He’s not right in the head. It disturbs me that anyone would give him the time of day. After this though, how numb do you have to be?

He might not have fooled you but he did a judge! 

Is he saying he bid more than FV because micheal james's and the rests bid included the 5-6 miliion that michael james is owed. ?

so ultimately he did bid more cash. ?

Thats the only way it can make sense. 

But it puts more evidence in the ken spoiler theory (white rolls royce last minute wacky races win , overturned , dispute the result)

he'll be shooting the prime minister or summat like in the manchurian candidate next. 

Mental

33 minutes ago, leebwfc said:

He might not have fooled you but he did a judge! 

That is irrelevant. Firstly the evidence hasn’t been tested. A judge will have spent about 5 minutes on this. Secondly whatever he has or doesn’t is no reflection on his ability to run the club. Thirdly he’s taking us down and you seem to be cheering him on. You aren’t the loon who followed him to court are you?

its irrelevant that a mental case like Bassini has strolled into court and blocked the sale of the club that actually might mean we are fucked? mate ffs, are you just after a row with someone? please point me to where ive cheered him on. 

Literally, what have I said thats pissed you off? this did happen today you know, he stopped us being sold, I don't like that as much as you don't but he did do it, could you or I have done it? 

Didn't comment for a row, or to be told to fuck off, or to be called numb, relax max

i also agree with the poster further back that he (Bassini) needs to sue Anderson for jipping him out of his "win". regardless of if Bassini buys bolton wanderers. He has to do it . Especially if he loses. 

Its gonna look suss if he doesnt after all this. it looks like theyre in cahoots otherwise. 

57 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

That is irrelevant. Firstly the evidence hasn’t been tested. A judge will have spent about 5 minutes on this. Secondly whatever he has or doesn’t is no reflection on his ability to run the club. Thirdly he’s taking us down and you seem to be cheering him on. You aren’t the loon who followed him to court are you?

It's genuinely awe inspiring how you're an expert on everything 

3 hours ago, Duck Egg said:

I'm just waiting for Sluffy and Custard to come on and tell us how this is Iles fault 

After a few months in his penthouse on the Cote D'Azur, I don't  expect KA will be wasting too much time thinking about the esteemed and mighty Iles. So long as it doesn't cost him owt, a flea in a flea pit  is the way I expect he'll be remembering the Beeno and its footie reporter.

This may be of relevance - or not - depending how accurately Iles is reporting things -

In simple terms Ken owns, Inner Circle Investments Ltd and it is basically just a non trading company that owns the shares in Burnden Leisure, which again was really just a non trading company that held the shares in the club and hotel for Eddie - before he sold them on for that famous £1 that everybody remembers (plus the debt in the club that most don't remember/ever knew about).

The club is a sort of stand alone company (as is the hotel) but sits under the umbrella of Burnden Leisure.

So what exactly is this injunction?

Of course its purpose is to 'hold' the sale of the club to FV - whilst the judge determines the validity of Bassini's case - but how does it achieve that?

Well Bassini is saying he did a deal to buy the shares off Anderson for the club - so that would mean he did a deal to purchase Bolton Wanderers Football and Athletic club - which as I've mention is a stand alone company from Anderson's company ICI Ltd that held the shares at the time (pre-Administration).

As Iles hasn't mentioned BWFAC as such but Burnden Leisure, one can only assume that he means that the injunction to stop the sale of the club was done on the understanding that the club fell under the control of BL, so by stopping the sale of BL it directly stops the sale of BWFAC.

Well this is rather an interesting point (it is to me anyway) because if both parties to the alleged sale of BL intended that it's companies under it's umbrella (ie the club) to be part of the deal, then surely the same would apply to the hotel at the time also?

So if this injunction is 'holding' the sale of the club - then it must equally apply to the hotel too!

If not then Anderson and Bassini must have been aware at the time of the negotiations (pre-Administration remember) that the hotel wasn't part of the deal - in which case why did Bassini try so hard to buy the hotel when it was in Administration and not the football club when it itself was?  If he thought he had legally bought the club why didn't he submit his application for an injunction as soon as the Administrator started marketing the club for sale???

The injunction against ICI Ltd makes a bit more sense as it held the shares of the club, hotel and Burnden Leisure, but at the time of the proposed sale there was a lien on the share ownership resulting from Eddies loan to Ken for £5m, secured against them.  I don't see how Ken could have sold on the shares before clearing the lien first - and by all accounts he never actually did.

I can't therefore make any sense whatsoever as to on what basis his claim stands at which a High Court judge has issued a stay on???

Curiouser, and curiouser

It all seems rather nonsensical to me.

No doubt all will be revealed soon enough - or simply thrown out!

7 hours ago, Sweep said:

When it all gets sorted, and Bassini leads us back into the Premier League within 3 years, you'll all think very differently of him

Cheers, Laurence

5 hours ago, Sluffy said:

This may be of relevance - or not - depending how accurately Iles is reporting things -

In simple terms Ken owns, Inner Circle Investments Ltd and it is basically just a non trading company that owns the shares in Burnden Leisure, which again was really just a non trading company that held the shares in the club and hotel for Eddie - before he sold them on for that famous £1 that everybody remembers (plus the debt in the club that most don't remember/ever knew about).

The club is a sort of stand alone company (as is the hotel) but sits under the umbrella of Burnden Leisure.

So what exactly is this injunction?

Of course its purpose is to 'hold' the sale of the club to FV - whilst the judge determines the validity of Bassini's case - but how does it achieve that?

Well Bassini is saying he did a deal to buy the shares off Anderson for the club - so that would mean he did a deal to purchase Bolton Wanderers Football and Athletic club - which as I've mention is a stand alone company from Anderson's company ICI Ltd that held the shares at the time (pre-Administration).

As Iles hasn't mentioned BWFAC as such but Burnden Leisure, one can only assume that he means that the injunction to stop the sale of the club was done on the understanding that the club fell under the control of BL, so by stopping the sale of BL it directly stops the sale of BWFAC.

Well this is rather an interesting point (it is to me anyway) because if both parties to the alleged sale of BL intended that it's companies under it's umbrella (ie the club) to be part of the deal, then surely the same would apply to the hotel at the time also?

So if this injunction is 'holding' the sale of the club - then it must equally apply to the hotel too!

If not then Anderson and Bassini must have been aware at the time of the negotiations (pre-Administration remember) that the hotel wasn't part of the deal - in which case why did Bassini try so hard to buy the hotel when it was in Administration and not the football club when it itself was?  If he thought he had legally bought the club why didn't he submit his application for an injunction as soon as the Administrator started marketing the club for sale???

The injunction against ICI Ltd makes a bit more sense as it held the shares of the club, hotel and Burnden Leisure, but at the time of the proposed sale there was a lien on the share ownership resulting from Eddies loan to Ken for £5m, secured against them.  I don't see how Ken could have sold on the shares before clearing the lien first - and by all accounts he never actually did.

I can't therefore make any sense whatsoever as to on what basis his claim stands at which a High Court judge has issued a stay on???

Curiouser, and curiouser

It all seems rather nonsensical to me.

No doubt all will be revealed soon enough - or simply thrown out!

I think you will find this is nothing to do with the set up of the BWFC companies and everything to do with the so called  EFL " Golden Share" which Burnden Leisure owns . With ownership of it go the rights to be a member of the EFL 

3 minutes ago, HomerJay said:

in fairness to bassini (the complete and utter nut job), he REALLY seems to want BWFC.

who knows.... as i see it, theres no point in getting upset about it. que cera cera

If he really wanted it, why not take this action immediately when Ken put the club into administration? Sorry not buying it - if he genuinely felt aggrieved and genuinely wanted it he'd have done this in May. 

Just now, HomerJay said:

in fairness to bassini (the complete and utter nut job), he REALLY seems to want BWFC.

who knows.... as i see it, theres no point in getting upset about it. que cera cera

No he doesn't, he wants the land and hotel, such is the desperation for him to mess the deal up.  He knows that FV won't do a deal without the hotel and I think FV knew what he wanted