Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

So apparently I'm not a real football fan.. I was asked if Bolton were to be liquidated who I'd support and I answered "nobody" I'd still watch football occasionally as a neutral, but like fuck am I going to be a fan of another club in the way I support Bolton.

3 minutes ago, dazl1212 said:

So apparently I'm not a real football fan.. I was asked if Bolton were to be liquidated who I'd support and I answered "nobody" I'd still watch football occasionally as a neutral, but like fuck am I going to be a fan of another club in the way I support Bolton.

Doubt I'd give football a second thought if Bolton went. Don't know why but outside of Bolton I have no interest anymore in much of it. Even England games. Prefer the cricket now. 

3 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Doubt I'd give football a second thought if Bolton went. Don't know why but outside of Bolton I have no interest anymore in much of it. Even England games. Prefer the cricket now. 

I'm exactly the same, I'll watch the occasional big game but that's it. I saw the Utd Chelsea line ups and only recognised half of them. Prefer boxing myself but money is ruining that as well.

19 minutes ago, dazl1212 said:

I'm exactly the same, I'll watch the occasional big game but that's it. I saw the Utd Chelsea line ups and only recognised half of them. Prefer boxing myself but money is ruining that as well.

Bollocks to watching that shite, I was watching Columbo Goes To College whilst that was on, one of my Favorites.  Apparently it was someone called Barry with the 'Az it bin dun then', not one for mentioning names but hes done nowt wrong whoever he is.

Edited by Breightmet Boy
Mistake

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

All quiet on the take over front so far today; wonder if Bassini has heeded Parky's request?

Said to me before he's speaking to lawyers & solicitors today preparing for Wednesday, so yeah it's gone over his head as expected with this idiot. 

11 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

How or you connecting with the loon? more to the point......why....?

Text him yesterday saying why didn't he just sue Ken Anderson instead of pursuing to stop this takeover, didn't expect at anything to come back from it & he messaged me back today saying Ken Anderson is the club then kept ringing me asking who I was & where did I get the number from. Told him it was off twitter then he explained he couldn't speak long due to him speaking to lawyers & solicitors preparing for Wednesday.

Edited by Okocha10

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Okocha10 said:

Text him yesterday saying why didn't he just sue Ken Anderson instead of pursuing to stop this takeover, didn't expect at anything to come back from it & he messaged me back today saying Ken Anderson is the club then kept ringing me asking who I was & where did I get the number from. Told him it was off twitter then he explained he couldn't speak long due to him speaking to lawyers & solicitors preparing for Wednesday.

Seems you were right about Wednesday.

It's supposed to be pissing down, any chance of a freak flood washing the lot of them away.🙏

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Seems you were right about Wednesday.

It's supposed to be pissing down, any chance of a freak flood washing the lot of them away.🙏

Might just put his number on gumtree on Wednesday so he can have a bit of fun in court if he leaves his phone on 😂

5 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

What’s happened to admins legal attempt to get this injunction lifted? 

I'm wondering if the fact that the legal action is against Burnden Leisure rather than the club itself means that they can't?

Also, even if they could, they might consider it an unecessary financial risk considering the case is in court on Wednesday anyway?

Something I posted on Nuts that people may/may not find of interest -

Being serious though the argument seems to be about who owns the club, so if it is determined on the day that Anderson wins, we simply carry on as we were BUT if it isn't and the judge determines for Bassini, or refers the case on for a full hearing, then everything could be delayed for weeks or even months, which I would imagine would stop the sale on the club for certain - and I reason that should apply to the hotel too, as it's not been made clear as far as I can see what exactly it is he thinks he bought (Burnden Leisure which is mentioned is basically the umbrella company for both the club and hotel who trade separately themselves).

I have no idea who would want to fund Administration during the period of a protracted legal fight between Bassini and Anderson and it would not surprise me if that resulted, then FV pulling out - and the club being liquidated.

I've mentioned before the thinking that buying the club AND hotel and selling the stadium off and using the money to develop the land and fund the club was the most logical financial plan that I had heard about anyone wanting to buy the club for and they (FV) could not do that if they didn't own the hotel as well as the club.

However what about if you aren't bothered about having a football club in the first place?

Flip things over and look at things another way.

Simply buy the hotel, stop any business plans FV had, and if they then walked away and because of it the club would be liquidated, then simply buy the stadium for peanuts, and because you own the hotel already, then knock it all down and simply develop all the land and not have a loss making football club to bother about and drain your profits?

And if it looks as though you won't win in the race to buy the hotel, then toss in the hand grenade of an injunction!

Maybe all the original charade of Bassini buying the club from Anderson and not doing, was all part of creating a back stop to prolong everything at the last possible moment to stretch FV's to breaking point and them giving up and buying the club?

Maybe Ken doesn't want to win by a clear knock out on Wednesday!

Who knows - but it would make some sense of the charade between the two prior to Administration AND the extremely delayed court action by Bassini who could (and should) have taken out the injunction months ago when the Administrator first marketed the club for sale.

Murky waters perhaps?

Bassini has spent the best part of today engaging with bolton fans after being added to various whats app groups. 

He today said in one I’m in that MJ only cares about money and he’s doing everything he can to get the club.

If he really hasn’t got the money and really hasn’t got a leg to stand on with the injunction then he needs putting in a psychiatric unit.

I have no idea what his agenda is, but he’s still here, somebody is paying for him to still be here and he’s certainly not for giving up. 

7 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

Something I posted on Nuts that people may/may not find of interest -

Being serious though the argument seems to be about who owns the club, so if it is determined on the day that Anderson wins, we simply carry on as we were BUT if it isn't and the judge determines for Bassini, or refers the case on for a full hearing, then everything could be delayed for weeks or even months, which I would imagine would stop the sale on the club for certain - and I reason that should apply to the hotel too, as it's not been made clear as far as I can see what exactly it is he thinks he bought (Burnden Leisure which is mentioned is basically the umbrella company for both the club and hotel who trade separately themselves).

I have no idea who would want to fund Administration during the period of a protracted legal fight between Bassini and Anderson and it would not surprise me if that resulted, then FV pulling out - and the club being liquidated.

I've mentioned before the thinking that buying the club AND hotel and selling the stadium off and using the money to develop the land and fund the club was the most logical financial plan that I had heard about anyone wanting to buy the club for and they (FV) could not do that if they didn't own the hotel as well as the club.

However what about if you aren't bothered about having a football club in the first place?

Flip things over and look at things another way.

Simply buy the hotel, stop any business plans FV had, and if they then walked away and because of it the club would be liquidated, then simply buy the stadium for peanuts, and because you own the hotel already, then knock it all down and simply develop all the land and not have a loss making football club to bother about and drain your profits?

And if it looks as though you won't win in the race to buy the hotel, then toss in the hand grenade of an injunction!

Maybe all the original charade of Bassini buying the club from Anderson and not doing, was all part of creating a back stop to prolong everything at the last possible moment to stretch FV's to breaking point and them giving up and buying the club?

Maybe Ken doesn't want to win by a clear knock out on Wednesday!

Who knows - but it would make some sense of the charade between the two prior to Administration AND the extremely delayed court action by Bassini who could (and should) have taken out the injunction months ago when the Administrator first marketed the club for sale.

Murky waters perhaps?

I don't think Bassini (or anyone else for that matter) is in the bidding for the hotel in the hope that the football club gets liquidated, the stadium bought and then flattened, and the land redeveloped for profit.