Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

17 minutes ago, ProfessorWoland said:

Why couldn't the property developer buy it direct out of liquidation themselves rather than paying him a premium?

I'm assuming that the hotel is part of the alleged purchase of Burnden Leisure from Ken by Bassini - and if so, would too be stayed until the legal wrangling is resolved.

If FV walk away from the club because they can't/won't wait things out, then presumably they pull the bid on the hotel as well leaving just one left on the table?

If that happens and that bid is £5.5m, then James/PBP have no reason to reject it and he/they take the money and walk off too - just as soon as the court action ends which I suggest would be by a private settlement done immediately after FV leaving the scene.

Anderson (via a proxy) would now own the hotel.

Whoever buys the stadium would then have to consider doing business with the owners of the hotel if they wanted to develop the stadium in any way.

Maybe not many probably would, leaving a relative cheap purchase for Ken/his proxy/backer/whoever to buy out of liquidation.

Cost to do so would be added to the £5.5m for the hotel purchase and anything above that from a sale to a  developer would be profit and if the profit was more than the £3.5m he would be better off financially, than if the hotel simply was sold for £9m (£5.5m PBP and the £3.5m for Anderson).

All if, buts and maybe's and I'm certainly not saying this will happen but for me at least such action would explain the bizarre Bassini interventions over the last month or so and why he's put in an injunction now and not weeks before as most would have?

Hopefully the judge will take one look at it, throw it out and then we are back to where we were before the injunction.

Does anyone know...let’s say judge rules in Bassini’s favour....surely even then they can’t rewind and just hand him the keys and say ‘admin never happened’. So say the outcome was Bassinis wins does it then become about what he can get financially?

Because the administrators are appointed on a legal basis have racked up fees and the deal to buy the club now is entirely different to when Bassinis alleges he has one. I can’t imagine it’s even possible to just unwind the last few months, given costs have been incurred and given the legal position of the business is completely different.

A court cannot force admins to sell to Bassini as the situation now is dIfferent. Also the action is not against them.

So what happens then? I just cannot see any outcome where a judge hands Bassini the keys even if he’s right re the contract. But perhaps I’m wrong?

2 hours ago, gonzo said:

Bassini has spent the best part of today engaging with bolton fans after being added to various whats app groups. 

He today said in one I’m in that MJ only cares about money and he’s doing everything he can to get the club.

If he really hasn’t got the money and really hasn’t got a leg to stand on with the injunction then he needs putting in a psychiatric unit.

I have no idea what his agenda is, but he’s still here, somebody is paying for him to still be here and he’s certainly not for giving up. 

If we've learned something today about Bassini, it's that he doesn't like videos of a certain nature. :D

That Bolton Wanderers and Proud have uploaded part of a conversation theyve had with him tonight. I don't really agree with giving this bloke the oxygen of publicity, but even a 1 minute snippet of it is enough to make you question this man's faculties.

"That Mike Jones or James I think it is yeah..."

24 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Does anyone know...let’s say judge rules in Bassini’s favour....surely even then they can’t rewind and just hand him the keys and say ‘admin never happened’. So say the outcome was Bassinis wins does it then become about what he can get financially?

Because the administrators are appointed on a legal basis have racked up fees and the deal to buy the club now is entirely different to when Bassinis alleges he has one. I can’t imagine it’s even possible to just unwind the last few months, given costs have been incurred and given the legal position of the business is completely different.

A court cannot force admins to sell to Bassini as the situation now is dIfferent. Also the action is not against them.

So what happens then? I just cannot see any outcome where a judge hands Bassini the keys even if he’s right re the contract. But perhaps I’m wrong?

But there is a roundabout way this could happen ... or at least one that gets us to the same potential  outcome 

Its the scenario that worries me - and knowing our luck I am tempting fate , but imagine if tomorrow Quantuma the hotel administrators announce their preferred buyer for the hotel is someone other than FV . 

So on Wednesday Morning Rubens goes into court to lift an injunction that  stops  them  selling the club , when they no  longer have a buyer .

Maybe Rubens then does a deal with Bassini 

Edited by Benny The Ball

28 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Yeah, the "Phil Parkinson is a disgusting lying mercenary" part is an eye opener

Eye opener in what sense ?

The crazed mind of this prick ? Or a side to PP that has been hidden ? 

Edited by Ani

Bassini seems to be referring at the start of that phone call to the original high court hearing where he was used as ‘the buyer’ to save the club. 

As he points out the transcript from that high court appearance between Anderson’s lawyers and a high court judge reads.. the buyer (Bassini) has proof of funds (which he now disputes in this court case, did he lie to the judge?) and is present in court, an agreement is in place etc etc... all this info was used as evidence to ‘save the club’ because of the ‘agreement’ with Bassini 

This was all told to a high court judge by Anderson’s lawyers themselves... who are now back in the high court trying to dispute what they themselves told the judge, as if it is in correct.

Im not an expert but that doesn’t sound good to me.... are we fucked!?

Edited by JJ10

does anyone know if the Bassini's contract to buy us - assuming one existed - was with Burnden Leisure (to buy the shares of the subsids) or with Ken's company (to buy shares of Burnden Leisure)?

1 hour ago, bwfcfan5 said:

I would think it is all about who has proper title to the company.

On the face of it Bassini doesn't have a leg to stand on, Burnden Leisure is owned by its shareholders of which Anderson's ICI Ltd owns 94.5% of, and nowhere is it shown that those shares have been sold to anyone else, never mind just Bassini.

The Administrators report for BL states in para's 4.5 and 4.6 of his report that no sale was finalised by the winders court hearing of 8th May, and with the company facing compulsory liquidation, Anderson filed intend to appoint Administrators in the High Court which put a moratorium on proceedings, resulting in Fildraw and Anderson going on to appoint their Administrators on the 13th May,

So as far as the court heard, the company wasn't purchased before the 8th May, everything was put on hold until the 13th May and it's been under Administration ever since.

I don't see how Bassini have bought the company unless Anderson lied to his legal representatives that a sale had not been completed when it had - or why such a fact has remained legally unchallenged until now?

Fact is though there must be something in it for the judge to issue an injunction?

If Bassini turns out to be the genuine owner then I assume he will immediately own the club (and hotel) but which is in insolvency and needing compulsory liquidation.  Unless he really does have the millions to pay everyone off immediately!

I would imagine Anderson's legal representatives would be sued by everyone for their costs and that in turn they would sue Anderson for the costs to them.

Can't imagine any of that happening though.

Let see what Wednesday brings!

F*** me! Sluffy finally delving into the strategic world of the darkly possible!

Don't stop there pal - there's a whole universe of nasty shit that could be going on behind the scenes, but as always...we'll just have to wait until the beans are spilt. Everything is possible, some things are likely but change is a certainty.

7 hours ago, Ani said:

Eye opener in what sense ?

The crazed mind of this prick ? Or a side to PP that has been hidden ? 

The former.

Called Anelka a racist in another group chat (how many is he in now?) I honestly doubt he knows who he is. Certainly doesn't know who David Lee or Michael James are

Its three months since Rubins were appointed and today's the day by which they have to report whether Kendo was the mastermind behind the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand, the invasion of Poland and the financial undertakings of Bernie Madoff. But I expect that guilty until proved innocent will remain the policy of the journos of the Beeno and other erstwhile chip wrappings whatever Rubins come up with.

I don't suppose anyone noticed that most of the lads magnificently representing BWFC on Saturday were products of the, shush don't mention the name, Eddie Davies Academy. No-one would have been more pleased than Eddie. Is it too optimistic to think that a few might have noticed that, despite the impossibly stretched finances over the last few years, the axe did not fall on the academy?

Its coming up to the anniversary of Eddie's death and I was reading recently about his funeral published in Isle of Man newspapers. It didn't appear in the Beeno, of course, but there were wreaths of red roses, symbolic of Eddie's lifelong devotion to Bolton and Lancashire.

I wonder if, like me, he still addressed letters to Bolton, Lancs.

Edited by Chris Custodiet

• Site Supporter

just listened to that interview with Bassini, what an absolute weapon he is. I hope to God he doesn’t get anywhere near owning the club.

Just out of interest, if we play in a division 4 up from where we are now, what league will that be?

7 hours ago, Sluffy said:

I would think it is all about who has proper title to the company.

On the face of it Bassini doesn't have a leg to stand on, Burnden Leisure is owned by its shareholders of which Anderson's ICI Ltd owns 94.5% of, and nowhere is it shown that those shares have been sold to anyone else, never mind just Bassini.

The Administrators report for BL states in para's 4.5 and 4.6 of his report that no sale was finalised by the winders court hearing of 8th May, and with the company facing compulsory liquidation, Anderson filed intend to appoint Administrators in the High Court which put a moratorium on proceedings, resulting in Fildraw and Anderson going on to appoint their Administrators on the 13th May,

So as far as the court heard, the company wasn't purchased before the 8th May, everything was put on hold until the 13th May and it's been under Administration ever since.

I don't see how Bassini have bought the company unless Anderson lied to his legal representatives that a sale had not been completed when it had - or why such a fact has remained legally unchallenged until now?

Fact is though there must be something in it for the judge to issue an injunction?

If Bassini turns out to be the genuine owner then I assume he will immediately own the club (and hotel) but which is in insolvency and needing compulsory liquidation.  Unless he really does have the millions to pay everyone off immediately!

I would imagine Anderson's legal representatives would be sued by everyone for their costs and that in turn they would sue Anderson for the costs to them.

Can't imagine any of that happening though.

Let see what Wednesday brings!

He did sign a Sale and Purchase Agreement, though. It remains to be seen what the exact terms of it were and whether it was at any stage invalidated.

1 hour ago, Marc505 said:

The former.

Called Anelka a racist in another group chat (how many is he in now?) I honestly doubt he knows who he is. Certainly doesn't know who David Lee or Michael James are

Glad it was that way round 😁👍

1 hour ago, Chris Custodiet said:

Its three months since Rubins were appointed and today's the day by which they have to report whether Kendo was the mastermind behind the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand, the invasion of Poland and the financial undertakings of Bernie Madoff. But I expect that guilty until proved innocent will remain the policy of the journos of the Beeno and other erstwhile chip wrappings whatever Rubins come up with.

I don't suppose anyone noticed that most of the lads magnificently representing BWFC on Saturday were products of the, shush don't mention the name, Eddie Davies Academy. No-one would have been more pleased than Eddie. Is it too optimistic to think that a few might have noticed that, despite the impossibly stretched finances over the last few years, the axe did not fall on the academy?

Its coming up to the anniversary of Eddie's death and I was reading recently about his funeral published in Isle of Man newspapers. It didn't appear in the Beeno, of course, but there were wreaths of red roses, symbolic of Eddie's lifelong devotion to Bolton and Lancashire.

I wonder if, like me, he still addressed letters to Bolton, Lancs.

The Academy sits on a very nice piece of land that might be just right for a business park, for example. Get rid of the under 23 and youth teams and send the first team off to share training facilities at Euxton or Carrington. Shame Raikes Lane dog track isn't stiĺl open.