Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

Just now, Okocha10 said:

Reading more what people are saying in court he not shown any evidence that he bought the club from Ken, should be a formality now

Hope so. But if judge thinks there's merit to it and genuinely more to come it'll get relisted for a full trial at a later date. 

Hoping very much he's heard enough and chucks it out.

2 hours ago, ZiggyStardust said:

Its not guesswork and speculation, its highly skilled and detailed profiling.

He has a degree in it, and has 6 years experience.

If he's still profiling world class players that will play for Bolton for free perhaps he could give his list to Sharon?

We could still win the league this season

21 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Retired to prepare judgment at 3pm (and probably to see if any cricket has been played yet)

No cricket so Judge lying down with wet towel on his head to recover, whilst his Juniors write up his decision.   Thinking about what's on the dinner menu at his hotel tonight.

Edited by TrickyTrotter

8 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Hope so. But if judge thinks there's merit to it and genuinely more to come it'll get relisted for a full trial at a later date. 

Hoping very much he's heard enough and chucks it out.

It will be fucking ridiculous if gets anywhere with it now, I would question the judge if this goes on any further.  His basically main claim now is that Shaun Harvey supposedly text him for his improvement no other evidence other than that. I'm pretty sure you just don't get improvement from the EFL from a text message. Knowing Bassini hes probably made some fake number up claiming it to be Shaun Harvey

Edited by Okocha10

4 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

Reading more what people are saying in court he not shown any evidence that he bought the club from Ken, should be a formality now

Surely Bassini must at least have some documentary evidence that a deal was agreed? I just can't see how the court would even entertain it without Ken's signature in blood.

Bassini must be even more deluded than I thought (very, very deluded that is) if he's rocked up to court without something substantial.

Just now, Okocha10 said:

Worryingly though Appleton has come out with an adjournment wouldn't effect the sale of club after that statement he put on the clubs website, I wonder why he's said that £££

This, why the fuck say it wouldn't impact the sale, if so it should have been completed by now

5 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

Worryingly though Appleton has come out with an adjournment wouldn't effect the sale of club after that statement he put on the clubs website, I wonder why he's said that £££

If that’s the case they can get it all signed this afternoon 

8 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

I assume he means "in the long run". Seems a somewhat confused message - there was an argument about whether injunction prevents sale or not - perhaps he means that FV would complete if it was deemed allowable even if the case is adjourned? 

I see no reason for Appleton to want to delay this because he doesn't get paid unless FV complete or he liquidates...

4 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

I assume he means "in the long run". Seems a somewhat confused message - there was an argument about whether injunction prevents sale or not - perhaps he means that FV would complete if it was deemed allowable even if the case is adjourned? 

I see no reason for Appleton to want to delay this because he doesn't get paid unless FV complete or he liquidates...

I hope your right with you are stating, I would of thought after the statement he put on the clubs website the other day he wouldn't even consider an delay. There has been argument in court whether the sale of the club can happen while there is an adjournment.

Just now, Okocha10 said:

I hope your right with you are stating, I would of thought after the statement he put on the clubs website the other day he wouldn't even consider an delay. There has been argument in court whether the sale of the club can happen while there is an adjournment.

I suppose the other side is that he might be worried that if a decision is forced today that Bassini wins - something is going on behind scenes that we do not fully know about. 

23 minutes ago, Blondi said:

Surely Bassini should have something in writing from the EFL or just something official and not a text message unless I'm missing something?

The EFL have written formally to say he never had passed the fit and proper test nor has he shown proof of funds...

So that vs a text message from Shaun Harvey. 

The trouble being that whilst I'm convinced the text messages will be "non commital" out of context they may appear to have some basis. Which means Bassini cannot win but that it needs testing...which means adjournment. I think that is nailed on.