Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

Hopefully it gets thrown out which I think it may and he can pursue KA for damages  

I would like that, then for FV to complete, then whatever KA makes out of the deal, he loses to LB in damages/compensation/whatever

though there is a dark corner of my mind that is curious to see what happens if LB wins and takes over, which I put down to the boredom of this whole farce 

15 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

The EFL have written formally to say he never had passed the fit and proper test nor has he shown proof of funds...

So that vs a text message from Shaun Harvey. 

The trouble being that whilst I'm convinced the text messages will be "non commital" out of context they may appear to have some basis. Which means Bassini cannot win but that it needs testing...which means adjournment. I think that is nailed on. 

If the EFL have written formally notifying Bassini that he didn't pass the fit and proper test etc, surely that should be nailed on to throw his appeal out?

• Site Supporter

Text from EFL

Regarding your suitability

to purchase BWFC from

Kenneth Anderson. OK

If only he'd scrolled down to see the rest of the text

dickhead,  you failed on all counts. Stop kidding yourself you demented wanker. 

It all depends what’s in the sale and purchase agreement.  If his ownership is contingent on him passing the EFL fit and proper tests then yes it’s enough

if that isn’t in there then theres a bigger problem. Although why anyone would want to buy a club if they can’t  own it and play the league I’ve no idea 

3 minutes ago, Blondi said:

If the EFL have written formally notifying Bassini that he didn't pass the fit and proper test etc, surely that should be nailed on to throw his appeal out?

No they've written formally as part of evidence to say that. It doesn't mean that Bassini has no case if judge considers Harvey texts to be clear confirmation. Though it means he'll end up having to fight EFL too.

He's not getting the club - this is about whether he gets some cash. And whether in doing that he destroys this club in the process. 

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

It all depends what’s in the sale and purchase agreement.  If his ownership is contingent on him passing the EFL fit and proper tests then yes it’s enough

if that isn’t in there then theres a bigger problem. Although why anyone would want to buy a club if they can’t  own it and play the league I’ve no idea 

I mean without being there it seems like the whole argument centres on whether EFL approval was granted or not....if it was purely a case of the SPA never required EFL approval then the texts wouldn't even have been presented. 

1 minute ago, Okocha10 said:

Wonder if Quantuma have had a say also in the courts since Paul Appleton has had his say, do they agree that the hotel sale would still go through with an adjournment? 

Seems like Appleton hasn't actually said anything. That was what Bassini claimed Appleton told him...
Admins have apparently submitted their statement but hasn't been publicly divulged. 

1 minute ago, bwfcfan5 said:

I mean without being there it seems like the whole argument centres on whether EFL approval was granted or not....if it was purely a case of the SPA never required EFL approval then the texts wouldn't even have been presented. 

I’m surmising  that kens argument is I couldn’t sell it he didn’t have approval from efl. Coincidentally from his Pal Harvey. 

Bassinis argument may be I didn’t actually need it to buy the club but as a mater of a fact here’s a text exchange with Harvey that confirms he was going to approve it.

Which maybe never happened. 

We will find out soon. But the fact a judge granted the injunction says there is merit to this. But exactly what we will find out soon and hopefully it’s fired off

• Site Supporter

According to the several beers I’ve just had, this is all just some massive pissing contest that won’t matter by next week.

My new Wet Spam friend has moved on to complaining about Sam Allardyce

1 minute ago, Andy Gee said:

How did he prove the text message was from the EFL? Could have just saved any number into his contacts as Shaun EFL and sent a message from it.

Which is why I think this is certainly headed for adjournment. The texts will need verification and their context need fully explaining. No way has that happened yet. Equally the EFL statement is from now - so will need to consider history - are EFL withdrawing subsequent approval.

It looks like Bassini has very very little chance from what we've heard but that adjournment will happen to allow evidence to be prepared. Which is just a huge problem for the football club...but the fact remains that you can't make a fair decision without the full context to consider. 

2 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Which is why I think this is certainly headed for adjournment. The texts will need verification and their context need fully explaining. No way has that happened yet. Equally the EFL statement is from now - so will need to consider history - are EFL withdrawing subsequent approval.

It looks like Bassini has very very little chance from what we've heard but that adjournment will happen to allow evidence to be prepared. Which is just a huge problem for the football club...but the fact remains that you can't make a fair decision without the full context to consider. 

Doesn't need to take long, just ring the mobile and see who answers. 😃

Edited by Leyther_Matt

2 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Doesn't need a much verification to just ring the mobile and see who answers. 😃

Yeah but in reality the legal context of those texts cannot be determined by just checking they are from the former head of the EFL. They would need to speak to Harvey and get his statement and probably also determine what formal process was entered into. 

I think Bassini long term has no chance - but as soon as I heard he was using text message evidence my heart sank because its likely to be out of context and impossible to be precise about. And that means a good Judge would adjourn to bring that further evidence to light before (I suspect) dismissing the case.

I was hoping he was reliant on the SPA argument because that alone would be possibly decided on quite quickly. But once you have text messages from EFL - it was always going to be adjournment IMHO.

Edited by bwfcfan5

10 minutes ago, Spider said:

According to the several beers I’ve just had, this is all just some massive pissing contest that won’t matter by next week.

My new Wet Spam friend has moved on to complaining about Sam Allardyce

Whereabouts on holiday are you? sorry I am a nosey bastard