Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

• Site Supporter

Sounds like the loony has a very flimsy case at best - albeit still time to provide evidence of a case. For me, this was the best outcome from a likely injunction. Sale can proceed, Bassini not far off having run his race

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, chrisw99 said:

Switching from refreshing twitter to refreshing official BWFC news page, that's where their statement went up first last week

They'll put it up at 5pm when the Trashmere tickets go on sale

• Site Supporter
16 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Absolutely they can. Been done before with businesses and property sales. It’s the law sadly. 

Unless he's paid for it, then they can't just give it to him surely?

Presumably he could try to buy it off fv again, utilising his compensation from ken to assist.

and breathe ...

Decent result that. Larry can still have his pissing contest with Ken, but not a chance it'll have any effect on ownership. Best case, Larry gets his pound of flesh from Ken for breach of contract.

Now let's see the colour of FV's money ...

Just now, sleepingindian said:

wish full thinking hope admin and fv have been in office today waiting for outcome then complete, buy if only carling did bwfc

You would like to think they've had 3 working days since he put in the court order to prepare what they would do in all the various outcomes, not think about it afterwards.

In the eyes of the court, Bassini does have a case. The SPA was signed. £1 SPA, with £199,999 further consideration to be paid. There was evidence from Kens solicitors detailing this hadn't been paid. The judge wanted more time to assess this.

Ultimately, the crux of this sounded like its between Bassini and Ken. I think Bassini knows he isn't going to get the club now, but we can't ignore he did sign an SPA and hence has some grounds.

Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Unless he's paid for it, then they can't just give it to him surely?

Presumably he could try to buy it off fv again, utilising his compensation from ken to assist.

Unlikely but can be unraveled. 

In a previous life we put a company into admin which was agreed by courts as it has to be. Business was sold out of admin. Ex owners of the Company challenged it and it was unraveled after the court ruled in their favour. Very messy very expensive and very long process but was unraveled. We had to pay all costs damages the lot. Was a joke

Main problem here is I genuinely think he wants the club. If it was a play for compo then wouldn’t be worried but I honestly think he wants the club. 

His behavior says nothing but that. This is a concern as can anyone see him actually stopping ? If he’s got the money to pay his fees he’s the type to spend it all being a nuisance 

Just now, bolton va va said:

If I was FV, I'd have my doubts about completing the deal until Bassini has been completely flushed away.

I think the modification of the injunction is further evidence that this is a dispute between ken and bassini. The club can be sold - there is surely a very, very low chance that the judge would allow that, and then let Bassini take control.

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

Main problem here is I genuinely think he wants the club. If it was a play for compo then wouldn’t be worried but I honestly think he wants the club. 

His behavior says nothing but that. This is a concern as can anyone see him actually stopping ? If he’s got the money to pay his fees he’s the type to spend it all being a nuisance 

Want, but couldn't afford it when he signed an SPA, and didn't fulfil his end of the transaction.

Just now, bolton va va said:

If I was FV, I'd have my doubts about completing the deal until Bassini has been completely flushed away.

And that can’t happen until September 2 at least, when the transfer window shuts. Hopefully this next admin statement is a good one.

3 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

The club may not be around by then for FV to fuck around like that.

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

Unlikely but can be unraveled. 

In a previous life we put a company into admin which was agreed by courts as it has to be. Business was sold out of admin. Ex owners of the Company challenged it and it was unraveled after the court ruled in their favour. Very messy very expensive and very long process but was unraveled. We had to pay all costs damages the lot. Was a joke

No chance (imo) in this case. Larry would have to prove he was in a position to complete the purchase. Ignoring the EFL approval issue - think the judge described that as weak - there's still the issue of financing it where it seems to fall over.

Larry's initial funding and his 'now' funding are from different sources according to Larry's own inane public ramblings. There's little chance he could have bought us at the time, but plenty evidence that he couldn't.

Interesting that a statement from 'sir dave rich' was included in the defence bundle.