Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

10 minutes ago, hughmungus said:

....but what I do want us to watch a team I don’t feel sorry for. 

We are serious underdogs now and that isn't likely to change in the near future so the team need a bit of sympathy and TLC especially our youngsters. Could be difficult from some of our whingeing fans when the novelty of kids losing every week wears off, but we have to stick with them and then see how we do in L2 when they're a bit more battle hardened.

9 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

I don't follow this. Nobody has a billion quid to throw away. Anyone buying us needs a commercial plan to support the football club, because otherwise the EFL will say no...

So in order to do that they have to acquire the commercial assets. Nobody who just wants to "put a good team on the pitch with their own money" has come near us. So we need a consortium with a plan....surely?

fv sound like good bussness people. maybe not the billionair type but good. personally i beleive they will be good for us may be a slow build though. think in football you get young  players on the cheap and develope them and make a profit. think bwfc have forgotten or didnt know that. but aint that how club get most there money

13 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

I don't follow this. Nobody has a billion quid to throw away. Anyone buying us needs a commercial plan to support the football club, because otherwise the EFL will say no...

So in order to do that they have to acquire the commercial assets. Nobody who just wants to "put a good team on the pitch with their own money" has come near us. So we need a consortium with a plan....surely?

And yes I agree but have we seen a plan yet in reality?, which makes me wonder if they have one especially for the football side of the business 

20 minutes ago, hughmungus said:

So the accountants have paid a few of the debts off, which they had to do to at least have a chance to be considered as fit and proper, and then sat on their calculators whilst the football side crumbles. Why then if they are so keen to make the club better have they not done something more substantial about the playing side ?

They are not concerned one bit about the football side and just want to get their grubby hands on what’s left of the assets- namely the stadium/hotel and land.

Time they came clean about the plan- if they ever had one. I don’t care about the hotel or if someone wants to build a shop on the car park, but what I do want us to watch a team I don’t feel sorry for. 

They wont invest in the playing side because there is a real chance of the club not having a buyer and being thrown out of the EFL 

That is the stark reality of our situation 

They are doing what they can in a challenging situation to keep the club going - nothing else 

As things stand this morning we are faced with a situation where FV will either

• say yes and proceed with the purchase of the club and hotel ( assuming they get the green light on the hotel ) 
  • say no and walk away ( again assuming they get the green light on the hotel ) 
  • or Cannot proceed - because they are not given an option to purchase the hotel 

That I am afraid is as good as it gets 

33 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Forget the idea anyone is going to buy us. Closest we came to that was Bassini's £200K with an unfulfilled promise to pay off the debts.

Forget also the idea that Ken Anderson is going to get anything out of it other than the money he put in, which he borrowed from Fildraw/EDT who want their money back.

If anyone does take it on they will have to find £millions to fund a continually loss-making business with a great pile of debt even after much of the debt has  been wiped off during the administration. According to the administrators FV have come up with a figure of £24m (including the debts taken over) but they will not be paying any more than a quid for the shares.

An unattractive proposition is made even worse by the attitude and activities of the local newspaper.

Edited by Chris Custodiet

2 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

They wont invest in the playing side because there is a real chance of the club not having a buyer and being thrown out of the EFL 

That is the stark reality of our situation 

They are doing what they can in a challenging situation to keep the club going - nothing else 

As things stand this morning we are faced with a situation where FV will either

• say yes and proceed with the purchase of the club and hotel ( assuming they get the green light on the hotel ) 
  • say no and walk away ( again assuming they get the green light on the hotel ) 
  • or Cannot proceed - because they are not given an option to purchase the hotel 

That I am afraid is as good as it gets 

Having spent next to nowt on the football bit, begs the question - what did they ever want out of this shitstorm ?

Edited by hughmungus

Just now, Okocha10 said:

Today's the day! (Just thought i'll say it just because no one has in a while)

I would just like to agree with you because I have not had the opportunity to agree with anyone saying this for a while !

But let me also say I do actually think today is D -Day and it will be either good news or very bad news - one or the other 

... and as a consequence will will hit page 1000 by 10 pm ! 

28 minutes ago, sleepingindian said:

fv sound like good bussness people. maybe not the billionair type but good. personally i beleive they will be good for us may be a slow build though. think in football you get young  players on the cheap and develope them and make a profit. think bwfc have forgotten or didnt know that. but aint that how club get most there money

Slow build!

as one wag on here said in our 2nd season in Europe; next time we’re in Europe, I’ll be in a Nursing Home!

FV must have a plan. As well as the money they have already made available they will be incurring loads of costs in this process in time and money. 

Think it is pretty accepted that plan involves developing the land around the ground and the plan is not totally football related. However it is very unlikely that the club is not also an important part of the plan. 

FV seem like the only credible way out of this but it really is time to come out with some basic communication of their intentions. I am not expecting war and peace on the next ten years. 

The support of the fans and the performance of the kids as shown there is something to save in this club but it needs more and FV need to show some indication that they can provide this. 

1 hour ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Automatic punishment for an insolvency event. 2 years. 

Jesus - that's how bad things have become. In amongst all the other shit I didn't even realise this was the case. 

Always under the impression that should we get a new owner with some cash they'd be able to buy a few.

13 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

I would just like to agree with you because I have not had the opportunity to agree with anyone saying this for a while !

But let me also say I do actually think today is D -Day and it will be either good news or very bad news - one or the other 

... and as a consequence will will hit page 1000 by 10 pm ! 

ITK, Mr Bell?

You know lads n lasses,the more I think about this takeover the more I'm convinced it's nothing to do with owning Bolton Wanderers football club,your needs are absolutely second in any deal.

Bunch of shysters the lot of them,horrible to witness.

Edited by ROVERS F.C.

2 hours ago, MalcolmW said:

Paul Appleton qualified as a chartered account in the 1990s.

Apart from that your comments and sound.

The Administrators are Paul Rubin and Partners and the company are dealing with Burnden Leisure and BWFAC as Licenced Insolvency Practitioners - not accountants.

They are here to do far more than simply just doing the books was the point I was making.

23 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

The Administrators are Paul Rubin and Partners and the company are dealing with Burnden Leisure and BWFAC as Licenced Insolvency Practitioners - not accountants.

They are here to do far more than simply just doing the books was the point I was making.

Funny because the regular supporters aren’t too sure. Are you saying that none of them have any accountancy qualifications ?

image.jpeg.13342a4b7afec9da540b3b6abc14adc8.jpeg

Edited by hughmungus

• Site Supporter

Update from admin.

"Theres a significant hurdle to overcome, then a major obstacle, & possibly an agreement to be made to overcome a late challenge from a "major creditor" , then hopefully just waiting on the two parties to sign some paperwork before a late development & complication." 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I am getting to the stage that I’m so sick and tired of FV wouldn’t be that arsed if they dropped out, clearly football not their priority and that for me is all that matters. 

That leaves us with nothing.