Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

11 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Anyway lock the thread til after the weekend. Nothing else happening til next week 

Larry and the hotel causing problems still. Hotel more so and there is categorically no deal for the club without the hotel. They as mentioned before do not have an interest in acquiring the club alone. This is where KA holds some cards and is still lurking in the shadows causing issues too and waiting for his chance to shine and or profit. (Allegedly)  

Time for beer and a bag to try and forget about this sorry mess til next week!! 

KA's in a hole and maybe could fight his way out of it. He's not the kind to roll over easily but you are going to have to explain to me how he is going to profit. Do you mean to say somebody is going to pay him more than he is owed and more than he owes Fildraw? Quantuma can't do that, so who can and who would?

8 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

I apologise for my profanities, sometimes it takes harsh words for people to stop and listen.

Something was said in court about Paul's statement of an adjournment not effecting a sale and reported by Will Jones who was present on the day and reporting for the Lion of Vienna by means of a Twitter blog immediately following the morning court hearing.

No it wasn't. Bassini's team claim Appleton told them that. 

If you read Will's tweet...

@IanRowboti04

Aug 14

But Appleton apparently said today that an adjournment wouldn't affect a sale...

Replying to
Not today, had told Bassini’s team previously, he’s not in court. Still stands though. Don’t believe it mind.

22 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

No it wasn't. Bassini's team claim Appleton told them that. 

If you read Will's tweet...

@IanRowboti04

Aug 14

But Appleton apparently said today that an adjournment wouldn't affect a sale...

Replying to
Not today, had told Bassini’s team previously, he’s not in court. Still stands though. Don’t believe it mind.

Fan5

Two simple questions,

Was Appleton's written submission referred to in court - yes or no?

If it was, was it reported that Appleton had wrote that an adjournment would not impact on a sale - yes or no?

I'm/we're not bothered what Will Jones thinks or whatever he wants to gossip about - we will stick to the facts thank you.

Edited by Sluffy

18 minutes ago, Tommy Banks said:

As a relative newcomer to this forum, and as I don’t live in the Bolton area so any news I get about Wanderers is via tinterweb. Why are people so critical of Marc Iles.

They aren't. The majority have no problem at all with his half-truths, evasive selectivity and pot-stirring personality. Can't get enough of it some of em.

Edited by Chris Custodiet

1 hour ago, Chris Custodiet said:

KA's in a hole and maybe could fight his way out of it. He's not the kind to roll over easily but you are going to have to explain to me how he is going to profit. Do you mean to say somebody is going to pay him more than he is owed and more than he owes Fildraw? Quantuma can't do that, so who can and who would?

More than he’s owed😂

42 minutes ago, Tommy Banks said:

As a relative newcomer to this forum, and as I don’t live in the Bolton area so any news I get about Wanderers is via tinterweb. Why are people so critical of Marc Iles.

I’ve been here a long time and still don’t know ha

49 minutes ago, Tommy Banks said:

Heard it's something to do with Chris' cat.

1 hour ago, Tommy Banks said:

Bedroom painting.........

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, Henrick_Pedigol said:

Bassini just rang my brother in law, who is a minor creditor of BWFC. He offered to pay what is owed in full (not the 13%). My brother in law asked for the offer in writing. Bassini got flustered and said “Steve, Take them off the list” then hung up. Fruit cake 

Would he not have accepted it in crayon? 😊

4 hours ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Hi

The new owners will be announced no later than Tuesday.

The supporters have been great. The turnout so far has been a great help in getting things resolved.

As for players, none are expected to sign immediatly. There are other issues to solve first. Technical and practical things. Also possible but not likely that legal situation with certain individual needs to be fully resolved first.

There have been talks with the EFL about the situation and the possibility for an extended transfer window due to special circumstances. EFL positive. Needs FIFA approval.

Family member of mine wish to thank you for your patience. The club is of great importance to the city. This has been a very wild ride, Wilder than you think. Nothing that can be talked about for a long while. It was very close

This from another forum, don't know how true it is.

This is a piss take. It is the grammatical equivalent of Owen Garvan. Ignore.  

2 hours ago, Sluffy said:

Fan5

Two simple questions,

If it was, was it reported that Appleton had wrote that an adjournment would not impact on a sale - yes or no?

I'm/we're not bothered what Will Jones thinks or whatever he wants to gossip about - we will stick to the facts thank you.

No and no for the record, but the court hearing was a pantomime. However, he (Appleton) has since said that their work is now done. The fact that it isn't is, one presumes, down to the hotel. I was on a radio phone-in in January and said of the takeover 'I will believe it when I see it'. This remains the case.

5 hours ago, Chris Custodiet said:

My cat's not stupid. Its choosy and wouldn't go anywhere near Marc Iles.

Sorry to break this to you Chris, but it is unlikely that any incident of alleged felinophilia was entirely consensual. 

Iles gives fairly short shrift to the #meowtoo movement. 

Edited by RoadRunnerFan

2 hours ago, Sluffy said:

Fan5

Two simple questions,

As someone who was there has already told you the answer to both is no......

2 hours ago, Tommy Banks said:

It’s a minority. Not sure why a smaller, anonymous, minority come on here to criticise him. Maybe they have an agenda. 

Journalist are like Marmite. They always have been.

I wouldn’t concern yourself too much. Me, you and probably Iles himself have more important things to worry about.