Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

4 minutes ago, Traf said:

At the time of the 2016 financial strife, Eddie wasn't in control of his own money and hs family were running his affairs, hence them turning the tap off and leaving a £2m tax bill unpaid.

It was this £2m tax bill that was getting us wound up : the HMRC were the ones taking us to court and you can be pretty sure they weren't going to fund administration.

Spot on Traf and its a factor that wasn’t really reported on at the time.

9 minutes ago, Traf said:

At the time of the 2016 financial strife, Eddie wasn't in control of his own money and hs family were running his affairs, hence them turning the tap off and leaving a £2m tax bill unpaid.

It was this £2m tax bill that was getting us wound up : the HMRC were the ones taking us to court and you can be pretty sure they weren't going to fund administration.

Who was it who took us to court this time? Thought it was the HMRC again 

Who was it who put us into administration this time? ED’s family again surely 

Its guesswork from both sides, but if the ED family stopped a liquidation event in 2019 then I believe they would have done the same in 2016 

i don’t believe it ever even got in front of a judge in2016, let alone went through three adjournments 

Edited by birch-chorley

8 minutes ago, Traf said:

Alright then, an administration process mid-season in 2016 initiated by EDT would've been infinitely preferable to an administration process beginning in the close season 2019.

I very much understand why it didn't happen, it's not a criticism, but, in hindsight, and given the question was asked, I think it would've been better for us. Bit it is what it is.

Edited by Lt. Aldo Raine

1 hour ago, hughmungus said:

So the administrator decided not to add to the team which put the Tranmere game at threat, says it all about their intentions really.

You must be on a WUM surely? 

It's not the administrators job to sign players, they are working on behalf of the creditors. 

FV haven't yet bought the club so cant sign players.

It's either wait for FV to complete and be in this limbo until then (but still have a club) or FV pull out and liquidate at which point we have no club. How is it that difficult to understand? 

6 minutes ago, Cartman2932 said:

You must be on a WUM surely? 

It's not the administrators job to sign players, they are working on behalf of the creditors. 

FV haven't yet bought the club so cant sign players.

It's either wait for FV to complete and be in this limbo until then (but still have a club) or FV pull out and liquidate at which point we have no club. How is it that difficult to understand? 

No mate, but they can allow money to be spent until the owners conclude.

• Site Supporter

People are just frustrated with being fed snippets that the deal is close to completion when it seems obvious that it can't be until the hotel issue is sorted, especially the one hour from completion nonsense last week. 

Whilst people wouldn't be happy I think it would be better if the admins kept it buttoned until its actually done & dusted. 

14 minutes ago, hughmungus said:

And if its aimed at me, i fully understand what’s happening but my frustration is with the admin people who are happy to trouser fees but wont allow 2-3 players in on short term contracts to keep the football bit alive.

As i have suggested previously, the football bit to them is secondary to the sale which we know but you cant let the core part of the club die and cease to exist whilst charging £000’s to keep other money men happy.

There is no money available. Zero. Not a bean. 

Club is struggling to keep itself going as it is they simply don’t have funds to bring in or pay anymore players. 

This IS NOT the fault of the administrators it really isn’t. They have their hands and legs tied and aren’t taking money out of the club they will get paid at the end of process. 

Hope this helps

Just now, Escobarp said:

There is no money available. Zero. Not a bean. 

Club is struggling to keep itself going as it is they simply don’t have funds to bring in or pay anymore players. 

This IS NOT the fault of the administrators it really isn’t. They have their hands and legs tied and aren’t taking money out of the club they will get paid at the end of process. 

Hope this helps

Nope not really, but i am sure they are doing it all for the right reasons.

4 minutes ago, ProfessorWoland said:

As opposed to the unsecured creditors of 2018?

What would've been better than either course, would've been if the custodians of the club had taken the difficult decisions to bring costs into line with revenues before they sold it on. That wouldn't have been an easy process, but managing that transition to being a club that lived within its means with a realistic hope of survival would've been a far more fitting legacy than the years of misery that BWFC employees, creditors and fans have undergone. 

I think you mean unsecured creditors in 2019. They,  of course,  were dealing with a different owwnership than that in 2016 and at least some of them had the opportunity to decide whether they would continue supplying or not.

May I ask whether you have read BWFC's accounts since relegation in 2012 and noted how much costs were vastly cut year on year. May I also ask whether you have noted how much Championship clubs have been losing year on year despite the best efforts of the directors of most of them.

1 minute ago, hughmungus said:

Doing what? 

Tell you what here’s a simple analogy. You could do with a pint but have no money in your bank. Nobody will buy you a pint so what do you do? you go without.  

Which part of there is no fucking money are you not getting? We cannot sign anyone we have no money to do so. 

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

Doing what? 

Tell you what here’s a simple analogy. You could do with a pint but have no money in your bank. Nobody will buy you a pint so what do you do? you go without.  

Which part of there is no fucking money are you not getting? We cannot sign anyone we have no money to do so. 

I'd also wager that considering the limbo Jack Hobbs is reportedly in, players aren't particularly keen to sign for us before the takeover is completed.

1 minute ago, hughmungus said:

Doing what? 

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

Doing what? 

Dont need the lecture bud, as i get it but if your happy just to call people like me out whilst the club dies on its arse and not demand more then so be it.

if your short of cash I will buy you a pint in the Prenton later. 

37 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

Iles is employed by the Bolton news, that’s his full time job, he has a wife and family, he probably gets gets a decent salary, it’s a job many people would love to do, watching/reporting on the club you support, why would he risk losing his job dishing dirt on players/management of BWFC

If he upset people within the Club his job would be come untenable, he will know players/ management personally and he will know exactly what’s going on, more than anybody on this forum, but he will have to keep his council 

The articles that appear in the BN are 24hours out of date by the time it goes on sale

His Twitter account is more of his thoughts and opinions but it’s obvious he would not be allowed to say what he knows.

The abuse he gets on here, imo, is unwarranted, he’s just another source of reporting that people can use along with Twitter, Forums, hearsay to form an opinion,

I suspect most of anti- Iles brigade on here have had a Twitter spat with said journalist and lost, it’s better to have Iles and the BN than not

I agree. I have said previously that I don’t know him personally but I know lots that do. Staff, players, his employers and personal friends and all I’ve spoken to have a lot of respect for him. At the end of the day he’s a Sports Journalist and in my opinion a good one. Having to unravel the financial fiasco that this club has found itself in would be a difficult task for even a FT bod.

3 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Doing what? 

^ THIS!

The problem is if you try and reason with an idiot they bring you down to their level..

2 minutes ago, hughmungus said:

Dont need the lecture bud, as i get it but if your happy just to call people like me out whilst the club dies on its arse and not demand more then so be it.

You really are a bell end eh. Calling folk like you out? Knob

youre making a tit of yourself 

save your pint more than capable of buying my own thanks 

3 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

You really are a bell end eh. Calling folk like you out? Knob

youre making a tit of yourself 

save your pint more than capable of buying my own thanks 

Always nice to have a well thought out discussion with a brain surgeon before a game, so thanks.

27 minutes ago, Traf said:

Where did you get this from? When Garty was dying of cancer, Eddie brought in Trevor Birch to take day-to-day control of the financial crisis. I expect that Eddie would have given some personal assurance to his wife much much earlier that the hemorrhaging of money would stop but there's never been the slightest hint that I know of, either then or since, that members of his family were, in any sense, in control.

4 minutes ago, hughmungus said:

The club is dead, not dying. CPR is being performed and we are hoping for a miracle before a doctor arrives to pronounce it. 

There is no point demanding anything as there really is nothing that can be done that isn't already being done. It's a miracle we have played the games we have this season as it is. The takeover does need to happen as soon as possible but that won't bring lots of new signings as there is no money and that is why we are where we are. 

1 minute ago, Cartman2932 said:

The club is dead, not dying. CPR is being performed and we are hoping for a miracle before a doctor arrives to pronounce it. 

There is no point demanding anything as there really is nothing that can be done that isn't already being done. It's a miracle we have played the games we have this season as it is. The takeover does need to happen as soon as possible but that won't bring lots of new signings as there is no money and that is why we are where we are. 

Wasting your time mate trying to explain to some folk

20 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

I agree. I have said previously that I don’t know him personally but I know lots that do. Staff, players, his employers and personal friends and all I’ve spoken to have a lot of respect for him. At the end of the day he’s a Sports Journalist and in my opinion a good one. Having to unravel the financial fiasco that this club has found itself in would be a difficult task for even a FT bod.

I think Iles does a decent job on the football side but I've also had the misfortune to hear his irrational ranting on finance which he plainly understands virtually nothing about. Doesn't stop him though! Michael James is looking, every inch, like his next target.

Btw did you attend the creditor's meeting? If so, did you or anyone else ask any relevant questions?

6 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

I think Iles does a decent job on the football side but I've also had the misfortune to hear his irrational ranting on finance which he plainly understands virtually nothing about. Doesn't stop him though! Michael James is looking, every inch, like his next target.

Btw did you attend the creditor's meeting? If so, did you or anyone else ask any relevant questions?

What's that based on?