Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

• Moderators
2 hours ago, ErnestTurnip said:

I'm  a shit fan and circumstances meant I went on my own today AND drove. Listened to the same folk as always on GMR after the game who don't go but obsess where gate receipts are going and am currently pissed and trying to convince yoof that a drive to gillingham is just what the doctor ordered.

Fuck the takeover, fuck the administrators, fuck the lawyers. At the minute every game we play could be the last we ever play and that's all there is to it.

Oh apart from if I'm shagging the wife at any time from now until I die and I feel a tap on my shoulder, look around and it's  PP then I'll climb off and go after him.

Get on the train

Much more fun

11 hours ago, Okocha10 said:

That is a good point though because we’re only paying for 3 senior players & the youth players now, with the ticket sales we have sold we must be making a profit surely. So where is this money going? 

Business rates alone mean the council are owed £150k a month 

Let’s say the wage bill is £150k a month for all the staff 

Gas, electricity, etc 

how much have we brought in from ticket sakes? £150k

18 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Flidraw are in this for themselves not for anyone else. They could apply for a change in the admins as they have a qualifying charge. But unless they can prove categorically that there is negligence or some other form of malpractice the court won’t intervene if that I’m sure. 

If your scenario was true why have they not acted? Either because it’s not happened or they gab insufficient legal leverage

‘This all relies on the predication that Larry has the money unequivocally  which is where the hypothesis falls down IMO

I dont think ED Trustees ( Fildraw / Charles Russell Speechlys )   would look to change administrators , this has nothing to do with malpractice and everything to do with what is in their own best interests ,that is all that matters. Don't forget it would also be in the interests of all the other  creditors ( assuming , and I take this as a given , that Bassini has access to sufficient funding ) 

They are in a position to exert pressure on Rubens having appointed them in the first place

It is possible that the reverse of what you are arguing is equally true - and that ED Trustees  have acted and that' is why outwardly it appears  FV are stalling on completing the purchase , when in fact that opportunity is presently being denied them 

21 hours ago, Sluffy said:

Interesting, thanks Benny.

How does Bassini gain though?     Don't quite follow - he gets what he wants - the football club - many wont like the idea - but club is saved 

If FV walk and EDT paid up, then what is to stop the Administrator liquidating? Why would he do that if all secured creditors are paid , unsecured creditors are paid and football club is saved - point I am making is there is  a deal to be done that suits everyone including both administrators 

Certainly the football club can't continue in the league if there is no one able to show the EFL a financial plan of backing them for the season ahead - Bassini not yet having ownership of BL.    Bassini would have ownership assuming he gets EFL approval 

If Bassini has done deals with EDT, then who funds Administration continuing on the off chance he wins control of BL - he might not do.     He does not "win" it in court - a deal is done with all secured creditors that is acceptable to them and to the administrators and court case is dropped

Wouldn't Appleton be left with no choice but to put BWFAC straight into liquidation in that scenario? No in this scenario that would not happen 

The point I am trying to make Sluffy, and its the only point ,  is that with all these vested  interests of the secured creditors and the 2 sets of administrators there is somewhere a deal to be done. 

To date with FV there has been no deal because of the lack of cash they bring with them and the compromises they are trying to place on the other secured creditors

If Bassini ( like him or loathe him , but wake up to the fact you might have to get used to him ) can offer a workable solution by bringing more cash to the table and can thereby satisfy the various vested interests ,and  If that can be quickly put together by the two administrators into  an acceptable deal for both KA and ED trustees, then you have a solution by which the football club can be saved .

1 hour ago, Benny The Ball said:

I dont think ED Trustees ( Fildraw / Charles Russell Speechlys )   would look to change administrators , this has nothing to do with malpractice and everything to do with what is in their own best interests ,that is all that matters. Don't forget it would also be in the interests of all the other  creditors ( assuming , and I take this as a given , that Bassini has access to sufficient funding ) 

They are in a position to exert pressure on Rubens having appointed them in the first place

It is possible that the reverse of what you are arguing is equally true - and that ED Trustees  have acted and that' is why outwardly it appears  FV are stalling on completing the purchase , when in fact that opportunity is presently being denied them 

FV are holding this up. They cannot complete without the hotel and thought they could get it on the cheap. They can’t and it’s now very much time for them to save our football club or walk away and give someone else the chance before this is too late 

• Site Supporter

slight aside but listening to GMR on the way home, some of our fans really need to give their head a wobble.

one bloke saying "ive heard of these football ventures lot. they are a consortium or something. they just want to buy the club cheap then sell it off for a profit"

another moaning "these ticket sales who gets that money? why cant we spend it"

how about when you call in chaps, you just praise the young lads and the support.

ffs 

14 minutes ago, Ratwhite said:

When does time /fans patience run out for FV? (Asking for a friend)

Had a few yesterday, telling me they'd welcome Basinni.........=@:blink:

Right now I would actually take anyone because i personally believe we’ve 2 weeks left at a push. No takeover from FV in that period or them stepping aside and someone else taking over preferred bidder status with some sort of immediate cash injection then pains me to say it we are done as a football club.

2 weeks max and it’s club or no club. There is no ability to keep going as we are an folk who think aye just leave the kids in etc it’s not an option as the club is about to fold and there will be no kids and no club for said kids to play for 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, HomerJay said:

how about when you call in chaps, you just praise the young lads and the support.

Because they don't have a clue just how well the kids are playing. Having a radio on in the background at home doesn't give the same experience as being there.

For these callers,  yesterday was a 5-0 loss. To those of us there it was an atmosphere of being there watching the future of BWFC.

Those not there are probably still lamenting the glory days of 1950s finals,  70s promotions,  2000s premier league run and European glory. Sorry,  but someone should tell these callers that that ship sailed a while ago.

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

Right now I would actually take anyone because i personally believe we’ve 2 weeks left at a push. No takeover from FV in that period or them stepping aside and someone else taking over preferred bidder status with some sort of immediate cash injection then pains me to say it we are done as a football club.

2 weeks max and it’s club or no club. There is no ability to keep going as we are an folk who think aye just leave the kids in etc it’s not an option as the club is about to fold and there will be no kids and no club for said kids to play for 

I think 2 weeks is a stretch. I suspect 7 days for a takeover to be completed and done. That will be it. Not preferred bidder status. It needs to be completely done and dusted in the next week, otherwise I genuinely think administrators will press nuclear button.

3 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

I think 2 weeks is a stretch. I suspect 7 days for a takeover to be completed and done. That will be it. Not preferred bidder status. It needs to be completely done and dusted in the next week, otherwise I genuinely think administrators will press nuclear button.

I disagree but you will know better 

23 minutes ago, Ratwhite said:

I had a 7 days feeling. 

PP close to imploding (rightly so) shirley FV have got take this on board, without the team, what's the fucking point of the hotel...

exactly it needs to be yeah or naigh this week and be done. my ive been patient but frustrated aswell but stuck by fv. but thats wearing thin now. our club is crumbleing to the ground. if we have a team we ill be L2 NEXT SEASON. but we need to rebuild any longer its gonna be nealry impossible

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, sleepingindian said:

exactly it needs to be yeah or naigh this week and be done. my ive been patient but frustrated aswell but stuck by fv. but thats wearing thin now. our club is crumbleing to the ground. if we have a team we ill be L2 NEXT SEASON. but we need to rebuild any longer its gonna be nealry impossible

the thing is, it doesnt actually have the be any time soon whatsoever,

we are running under administration. and as long as the administrator is balancing the books, and we can keep fielding a team, then we will just continue as we are. the buyout will take as long as it takes. whether than be FV or someone else.

folk throwing their toys out of the cot is totally irrelevant to the situation.

2 hours ago, Benny The Ball said:

The point I am trying to make Sluffy, and its the only point ,  is that with all these vested  interests of the secured creditors and the 2 sets of administrators there is somewhere a deal to be done. 

To date with FV there has been no deal because of the lack of cash they bring with them and the compromises they are trying to place on the other secured creditors

If Bassini ( like him or loathe him , but wake up to the fact you might have to get used to him ) can offer a workable solution by bringing more cash to the table and can thereby satisfy the various vested interests ,and  If that can be quickly put together by the two administrators into  an acceptable deal for both KA and ED trustees, then you have a solution by which the football club can be saved .

Thanks Benny and hope you are right - I've no problem with anyone owning us as long as they go about their business legally.

I can't believe what you put forward though will happen however because it doesn't seem to make any financial sense from a purchaser prospective - why would anyone pump untold millions into owning BWFC when they can get bigger and better for less?

Also if they have enough money to pay everybody up in full, then I would have thought they would have enough left over to pay FV to move aside also - they could simply buy them out/take control of them and step in to their shoes and up the FV offer to pay everyone 100% and complete the purchase of the club within a matter of hours.