Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, HomerJay said:

That's radio Stoke???

If it's radio stoke it's your settings

Anyway, mongy dearden spoke well 

Not sure about his summation but could  not find anything to disagree with til then

Nixon seems to think hotel deal will be concluded soon, then everything falls into place from there. 

He says there’s a buyer for the hotel other than FV who we can only presume must be Kamani’s, then after that the club gets sorted...

Don’t know how....unless he knows something we don’t about the Kamani Bro’s wanting the club, it’s hard to believe. 

Hope he’s right now, lost patience with FV completely. If Kamani’s want it, get it sold to them and let’s move on. 

Edited by JJ10

He's consistantly said Kamanis want the club and aim to get it by aquiring the hotel first.

I know ehat he's like and not many on here like him......but he has stuck to this story for at least a couple of weeks.

He certainly seems confident that he is ITK lets hope the bastard is finally right.

5 minutes ago, anthonyj said:

He's consistantly said Kamanis want the club and aim to get it by aquiring the hotel first.

I know ehat he's like and not many on here like him......but he has stuck to this story for at least a couple of weeks.

He certainly seems confident that he is ITK lets hope the bastard is finally right.

He’s probably right I think it’s more a question of how much they want it and what they want it for.

Yes I’ve had a pint but bollocks to the shit your all glued to.   Our club will survive, we will laugh about all this one day, but do any of you lot honestly think the huge companies in this town will allow our club to die?   We’ve got far too many influential men here to allow this to happen, the handshakes in the lodges will sort this little blimp out fellas.  They better fucking do anyhow, there’s no point being the richest man in the graveyard, get it spent fellas, it’s our hour of need.

to save anyone having to read Nixon's twitter here's a summary of what he's saying (pinches of salt optional).

Hotel deal 'close'. Down to 2 parties, FV + another (not Bassini). 2nd bidder using hotel as route into club, i.e. once FV have failed in hotel bid, they'll drop out on the club deal and AN other picks club up as well. Thinks long term future promising.

And - obviously - Nixon's a whopper.

you're welcome

Wakey

taking one for the team.

• Moderators

Having been convinced that Michael James wants nowt to do with owning the club and only being involved cos he feels he has to be, I'd have thought any hotel suitor who wanted the club would only have to give him a call

Surely, if MJ jumps then FV are dead in the water 

Which is why I'm unconvinced by Nixon

3 minutes ago, wakey said:

to save anyone having to read Nixon's twitter here's a summary of what he's saying (pinches of salt optional).

Hotel deal 'close'. Down to 2 parties, FV + another (not Bassini). 2nd bidder using hotel as route into club, i.e. once FV have failed in hotel bid, they'll drop out on the club deal and AN other picks club up as well. Thinks long term future promising.

you're welcome

Wakey

taking one for the team.

Bit in paper

2 minutes ago, wakey said:

you're welcome

Wakey

taking one for the team.

Let’s hope Nixon’s right, and Kamani’s want the club for the right reasons. 

It could potentially be plausible given @Benny The Ball ‘s earlier post about their other investments and link to sports... hopefully anyway. 

FV aren’t filling anybody with confidence, if they’re struggling this much now, how the hell are they going to run and fund us long term when things get tough and they’re all on there own. 

Atleast the Kamani’s have money. I’m hoping they get the hotel now, we aren’t getting anywhere with FV, we may as well take the risk on the Kamani’s  

18 minutes ago, burnden said:

Bassini to meet Bolton Wanderers' fans outside stadium Tuesday 7pm to explain why he is still determined to buy Club

To honour the club's greatest player and finest ambassador, we should cordon off an area around Nat's statue that Bassini is never allowed within. Should be a decent radius as a mark of respect. 11.8 miles would be just about perfect.

23 minutes ago, burnden said:

Bassini to meet Bolton Wanderers' fans outside stadium Tuesday 7pm to explain why he is still determined to buy Club

I'm assuming the dickwad hasn't realised there will be no-one there as the match is offski ? (and no, I didn't waste brain cells by listening to it).