Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

4 minutes ago, JJ10 said:

Let’s hope Nixon’s right, and Kamani’s want the club for the right reasons. 

It could potentially be plausible given @Benny The Ball ‘s earlier post about their other investments and link to sports... hopefully anyway. 

FV aren’t filling anybody with confidence, if they’re struggling this much now, how the hell are they going to run and fund us long term when things get tough and they’re all on there own. 

Atleast the Kamani’s have money. I’m hoping they get the hotel now, we aren’t getting anywhere with FV, we may as well take the risk on the Kamani’s  

Having money and wanting to spend it on the football club are two different things. If they want the club why wait till now?

I remain highly sceptical. If they do rock up with millions and purely out of a desire to propel us back to the good times I will be delighted to be wrong like!

Does anyone still have the tweet from the Kamani’s saying they aren’t interested in the club but have enquires about the hotel? 

That surely puts them to bed? 

The fact it takes about 3 months to get to heads of terms, then another three months  to complete means that most probably everyone other than FV is now out 

now we aren’t playing football matches, you’ve got to assume we will get the same 14 days as Bury, do or die! Hotel sorted in 13 days according to administrators, going to be very tight. 

1 minute ago, birch-chorley said:

Does anyone still have the tweet from the Kamani’s saying they aren’t interested in the club but have enquires about the hotel? 

The fact it takes about 3 months to get to heads of terms, then another three months  to complete means that most probably everyone other than FV is now out 

now we aren’t playing football matches, you’ve got to assume we will get the same 14 days as Bury, do or die! Hotel sorted in 13 days according to administrators, going to be very tight. 

Not the brothers, but the dad instead. He's driving it. 

What to believe?

1. FV secure the hotel and club, eventually.

2. Nothing happens until Bassini court case, in which case:

2a) Another adjournment and the circus continues.

2b) Bassini wins and either secures the club and hotel or sues Ken and lets the sale continue.

2c) Ken wins and the sale process continues.

3. Kamani/Backdoor Hotel Group secure the hotel, FV drop out, and thus new group secures the club too.

4. Backdoor Hotel Group secure the hotel and then let the club liquidate and use the land to make a tidy profit.

5. Backdoor Hotel group form some sort of deal with FV.

6. Backdoor hotel group secure the hotel and EDT continues to fund the admin in search of a new purchaser without the hotel attachment.

Any other theories? Stelios, Shania don’t count.

2 hours ago, Benny The Ball said:

I am trying to get my head around how you see ownership of the hotel making  such a significant difference to the cash flow of FV , that can be compensated for by " funding Support " from Kamanis to enable FV to buy the club  ?

Is it that straight forward ? 

I cannot see such an arrangement suiting either party 

What level of cash (profit) do you see the hotel generating per annum, factoring in the increased staff levels vs removing Heathcote? 

The value is probably significant to FV, but less so to Kamani’s if they have significant plans for the hotel (think Hotel Football). 

Paying FV a sum close to FV’s anticipated profit level for the hotel would be relatively good business if it concurrently delivered success for the football side. 

As a comparison, Telford Utd ran a very successful adjoining hotel.

31 minutes ago, burnden said:

Bassini to meet Bolton Wanderers' fans outside stadium Tuesday 7pm to explain why he is still determined to buy Club

Is the Jewish Telegraph considered a respectable paper or is it the equivalent of the Sunday Sport? 

Given they are more than keen to publish anything he says I'm not giving them much credit 

6 minutes ago, ZiggyStardust said:

I'm assuming the dickwad hasn't realised there will be no-one there as the match is offski ? (and no, I didn't waste brain cells by listening to it).

I wasted a few (I'm a glutton for punishment). Ironically he said the word 'nonsense' several times - make your own gags.

Usual shite. Truth's coming out. We deserve it. He'll save us. He's not scared. He's bringing his boots in case Donny turn up and urges us all to do likewise. Proper batshit crazy.

(not sure about the boots bit, but I lost the will half way through so he might have)

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Damocles said:

What level of cash (profit) do you see the hotel generating per annum, factoring in the increased staff levels vs removing Heathcote? 

The value is probably significant to FV, but less so to Kamani’s if they have significant plans for the hotel (think Hotel Football). 

Paying FV a sum close to FV’s anticipated profit level for the hotel would be relatively good business if it concurrently delivered success for the football side. 

Surely there is profit in operating catering rather than paying it in? I'd estimate at around double the profit.

17 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Having money and wanting to spend it on the football club are two different things. If they want the club why wait till now?

I remain highly sceptical. If they do rock up with millions and purely out of a desire to propel us back to the good times I will be delighted to be wrong like!

I know, but having money is a start at the moment, wether they want to spend millions on the club or not. The actual fact they’ve got the money is more than football ventures seem to have, so lets take the risk. 

18 minutes ago, Damocles said:

I understood ( maybe wrongly ) that FV needed the hotel in order to do a sale and leaseback of the stadium as a whole and that the profitability of the Hotel was irrelevant as it was required to raise a significant capital sum - circa £15 millions - with an  insurer most likely buyer   

They also had tenant lined up for hotel ( and something else going on in background that I can PM you about If you clear your inbox ) 

All I am saying is income / profitability of the  hotel is not directly relevant , but the capital sum is - that's why hotel is critical to the  FV business model 

Therefore I dont see how such a loan from Kamanis to FV would replace such a capital sum 

49 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

We play bury soon, so we can both have a week off without impacting anyone !

The Bolton town motto is "Supera Moras" which in Latin means "Overcome Delays". Ironic really in the current circumstances.

That said, an Atletico Madrid fan once pointed out to me that unfortunately in Spanish it means "Overcomes Blackberries" and wanted to know what Bolton folk have against fruit. Open goal so I told him the legend of Charles 2nd hiding in a blackberry bush to escape the Roundheads. Then we only went and won 1 nil. Still treasure my commemorative mug to remind me of better days.

Edited by Hoppy510

When the Brentford game was cancelled, the EFL stated that the young team couldn't play 2 games in 4 days, but now expect a much younger team to play 3 games in 8 days. 

I expect us to be punished due to the admins not consulting them or our opposition beforehand, but it is the Club that will be punished, and I do hope Appleton's team pay the fines out of their administration earnings.

Guest Nordkurve
1 hour ago, lowcarbon said:

When the Brentford game was cancelled, the EFL stated that the young team couldn't play 2 games in 4 days, but now expect a much younger team to play 3 games in 8 days. 

I expect us to be punished due to the admins not consulting them or our opposition beforehand, but it is the Club that will be punished, and I do hope Appleton's team pay the fines out of their administration earnings.

I'm wondering if it's not really about the Players, but more about cashflow to get the people needed to run the Stadium being the real problem. If it was about the Players they could have made the statement on saturday after the Tranmere game.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

What did he say, anything useful?

No. Not that he should, but he knows even less than your average Bolton fan on twitter.

Edited by Cheese

6 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Big Sam obviously hasn't been paying much attention to this thread. He knows fuck all about our situation. 

Maybe he has been paying attention to this thread and it’s why he knows fuck all like the rest of us 

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

Can't understand why he does these interviews. He is so far removed from our situation these days. 

It wasn't an interview. He's co-presenting. Marc Iles was on, but he basically told Allardyce what was going on, and they both agreed "it needs sorting". 

Edited by Cheese

Was just listening to talksport, Alan Brazil to Sam 'Who's the best penalty taker you worked with' Sam 'As a manager it was Mark Noble, always cool as a cucumber and never practiced penalties, as a player it was Frank Worthington, he used to go up to the keeper and say 'Which side do you want me to put it in' the keeper would tell him and he'd put it in that side, the keepers still couldn't save them even though they knew which side it was going in' Quality