Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

20 minutes ago, HomerJay said:

fuck it. sell him the club.

just want something, anything, to actually progress.

That’s like saying let the drunk bloke who stands outside Parliament shouting the odds the PM gig just to see some progress. Madness lies there.

Guest Nordkurve
7 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

Again Bassini has got fuck all money. All good saying you have it, when in reality you have fuck all. 

He said Sullivan had 25 million for him to bring to the table, and I have not seen Sullivan denying that anywhere.

Just now, Wullie said:

So Bassini would be a front for Sullivan, which to me is an even worse scenario as the real owner would be the money man, and we have no idea what his agenda would be, as he has chosen to remain silent

Agendas are out the window now 

It’s a case of someone putting money in ASAP of we are finished 

I doubt anyone other than FV would be able to complete in time from here though 

On 26 March 2018 an HMRC tax tribunal ruled that Sullivan had used West Ham United to avoid paying £700,000 tax for his own family business, Conegate Ltd. Sullivan used Conegate to buy £2m of shares in the holding company that owns West Ham. The same day the shares were converted to "deferred shares", deemed practically worthless and sold back for £1 back to the holding company. Conegate thereby the £2m loss to reduce its tax bill.

Sound like someone we already know, playing the HMRC for idiots?

7 minutes ago, Nordkurve said:

He said Sullivan had 25 million for him to bring to the table, and I have not seen Sullivan denying that anywhere.

He had 25 mill you really think the administrators would turn it down? It’s a load of rubbish it’s “all I’ve got text & emails to prove it” no prove of showing any cash though 

I am not a Bassini fan, at all, but I don't understand why there is so much criticism over the source of Bassini's "money" if it even exists. If it is indeed Sullivan, he has a far greater pot than FV.

Everyone is so quick to jump on LB, when in reality, FV have demonstrated throughout this entire process that liquidity is a real issue. am I saying I want Bassini in? No, absolutely not. However, it does frustrate me the different stances taken on the respective purchasers on areas such as financing, when the reality of the matter is Football Ventures hardly are inspiring confidence when it comes to financial clout, with the entirety of their business plan revolving around the acquisition of the hotel, in order to raise further capital.

Perhaps some of this is down to the reporting of events, and people going with what some media outlets have gone with, i.e FV are the preferred party to complete here.

All of this may not be relevant if Mr Bassini does not even have the funds, but lets be frank here in that our clubs "preferred bidders", hardly inspire confidence either at present.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

He had 25 mill you really think the administrators would turn it down? It’s a load of rubbish it’s “all I’ve got text & emails to prove it” no prove of showing any cash though 

aye. there is a protocol to follow...

which is not "i have a text message"

Guest Nordkurve
10 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

The Administrators didn't receive a bid from Bassini because his "agreement" with Anderson pre-dated us going in to administration. If I was Sullivan, and I had not offered to back Bassini, you can rest assured the whole world would know about it.

This from Birch-Chorley earlier:

"Sullivan confirmed it to Simon Jordan on Talk sport apparently".

5 minutes ago, Matthew1234 said:

I am not a Bassini fan, at all, but I don't understand why there is so much criticism over the source of Bassini's "money" if it even exists. If it is indeed Sullivan, he has a far greater pot than FV.

Everyone is so quick to jump on LB, when in reality, FV have demonstrated throughout this entire process that liquidity is a real issue. am I saying I want Bassini in? No, absolutely not. However, it does frustrate me the different stances taken on the respective purchasers on areas such as financing, when the reality of the matter is Football Ventures hardly are inspiring confidence when it comes to financial clout, with the entirety of their business plan revolving around the acquisition of the hotel, in order to raise further capital.

Perhaps some of this is down to the reporting of events, and people going with what some media outlets have gone with, i.e FV are the preferred party to complete here.

All of this may not be relevant if Mr Bassini does not even have the funds, but lets be frank here in that our clubs "preferred bidders", hardly inspire confidence either at present.

They don't, but with Bassini it goes way beyond inspiring confidence. The man is a clown, possibly mentally ill and with a history not far off Anderson's. The only certainty with Bassini is that the circus will continue for months to come, until we're back in a similar predicament.

If he had the money, if he ever had the money, he'd have the club. 

The only way out of this is that the major creditors (Anderson, EDT, PBP & Warburton) reach a compromise whereby all or some make less money than they feel entitled to. Not a hail mary from a nutcase.

1 minute ago, Tombwfc said:

They don't, but with Bassini it goes way beyond inspiring confidence. The man is a clown, possibly mentally ill and with a history not far off Anderson's. The only certainty with Bassini is that the circus will continue for months to come, until we're back in a similar predicament.

If he had the money, if he ever had the money, he'd have the club. 

The only way out of this is that the major creditors (Anderson, EDT, PBP & Warburton) reach a compromise whereby all or some make less money than they feel entitled to. Not a hail mary from a nutcase.

I don't believe he had the required funds at the time of the SPA. Mr Bassini openly admitted he had not even performed due diligence on the club in detail, at the time of the SPA being signed. His actions are clearly questionable, but to me they appear to be more of the actions of a man so desperate to prove himself once again.

Everyone, quite rightly has their own opinion on him. Perhaps its me being a bit of a melt, but I look for the positives in the situation, and I do believe he wanted to clear his name and demonstrate he could take a football club forward. The real issue, as we all know, is funding and whether he has, or doesn't have it. For what its worth, I struggle to fathom why Mr Sullivan would associate himself in this sort of a transaction, if Bassini truly was as bad as what has been stirred in the media. I don't want to go on a war path about this, as I am acutely aware I will come across as if I want Bassini to own the football club - of which I don't. However, there are always two sides to every story. If he did not have the funding - I can not see why a businessman, would put themselves out there like this. Yes, he could be crackers, but I do think there is more to this. I don't like the actions of the club administrators. They jumped into bed with FV at the earliest opportunity, and despite indications time and time again of funding issues, and the fact their business plan is entirely reliant on the acquisition of the Hotel, have not revoked their preferred bidders status. It just doesn't sit right with me. I can't wait for this to be over, but the longer it goes on, the more I can not see FV getting the hotel.

For those who were asking about Sullivan and Talksport, I think the below is what you may be referring to. Apologies if not:

https://talksport.com/football/571967/west-ham-fans-david-sullivan-simon-jordan-laurence-bassini-bolton-takeover/