Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

8 minutes ago, gonzo said:

I’m going to bed earlier and earlier each night and haven’t been to the gym in 2 weeks. 

Swear it’s taking over my life this shit. 

I think as far back to being on holiday in April and being glued to my phone then next to a hotel pool refreshing it waiting for news from court.

It's been like that almost daily since and no exaggeration. All day, every day hitting refresh, often because we've rarely gone a day without something happening. Fretting, worrying, unable to believe what's happened next.

It's made me ill, angry and tired this for months. I want a final outcome soon, and I'm never going to get like this again one way or the other over this.

10 minutes ago, gonzo said:

I’m going to bed earlier and earlier each night and haven’t been to the gym in 2 weeks. 

Swear it’s taking over my life this shit. 

😂😂😂😂

Its about 12 months of our lives we'll never get back.

I'm actually addicted to WW at moment. Will have to go cold turkey when this shit show finally ends

Just now, Marc505 said:

I think as far back to being on holiday in April and being glued to my phone then next to a hotel pool refreshing it waiting for news from court.

It's been like that almost daily since and no exaggeration. All day, every day hitting refresh, often because we've rarely gone a day without something happening. Fretting, worrying, unable to believe what's happened next.

It's made me ill, angry and tired this for months. I want a final outcome soon, and I'm never going to get like this again one way or the other over this.

Same here. Doesn’t help that the Mrs is exactly the same. Honestly affected both of our moods for months on end. Fuck knows how it must feel to be on the inside of it all. 

5 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Same here. Doesn’t help that the Mrs is exactly the same. Honestly affected both of our moods for months on end. Fuck knows how it must feel to be on the inside of it all. 

I think that goes for a lot of us on here 

2 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Even a couple of months ago I thought we'd have a scarred fanbase for years after this, that was before we turned into the full on Bassini circus.

If we do survive I feel sorry for next few generations of fans who'll have to listen to us moaning on about this while they're trying to enjoy watching their team.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

I may have missed this during the course of this ever meandering shit show but have any of our esteemed journos contacted David Sullivan to try & verify his alleged support of Bassini? 

If they have, they've not managed, have they

Legends in their own chip wrappings

1 minute ago, ErnestTurnip said:

You mustn't have kids if you think the younger generation will be listening to a word us older fuckers will be moaning on about!

I can only go off going through 3 relegations recently and hearing my older mates keep saying it's not as bad as the 80s.

I'm not inflicting this on any child haha

9 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

I may have missed this during the course of this ever meandering shit show but have any of our esteemed journos contacted David Sullivan to try & verify his alleged support of Bassini? 

That’s a very good question. Has anyone on here who’s on Twitter asked him/them via that route? I’m not on Twitter

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, anthonyj said:

😂😂😂😂

Its about 12 months of our lives we'll never get back.

I'm actually addicted to WW at moment. Will have to go cold turkey when this shit show finally ends

Really......

You sound like your fucking enjoying it? 

9 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

I can only go off going through 3 relegations recently and hearing my older mates keep saying it's not as bad as the 80s.

I'm not inflicting this on any child haha

Much much worse than any decade including the eighties .Never thought I'd say that ......

What’s worse about now is that we are rudderless, back then we had Bolton directors, Alf Davies,  Nat Lofthouse to rally the town and the club, now is just a big void, we need someone to step up and help fill that void, who I don’t know but hopefully that person/persons will arrive in our hour of need. (Please no one mention LB)

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

What’s worse about now is that we are rudderless, back then we had Bolton directors, Nat Lofthouse to rally the town and the club, now is just a big void, we need someone to step up and help fill that void, who I don’t know but hopefully that person/persons will arrive in our hour of need. (Please no one mention LB)

Nicky Hunt seems to be a bit of a busy Cnut at the minute...

• Site Supporter

The very worst part of all this for me - and clearly there are endless amounts to choose from - is the pity.

Everyone you meet who supports another club just looks at you like you’re about to switch off the life support of a close relative.

Fuck that. I hate that.

This needs sorting by the end of next week or we die with a whimper and we’re so much better than that.

Take your pity elsewhere, patronising cunts.

<drops wine glass>