Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

Somebody is going to have to appoint a new manager bloody quickly if we are to have any chance of signing players before Sept 2nd.   The way the club are ‘considerating the matter’ of the resignations tells me PP has demanded information and has got either none or negative feedback.   Where’s my handcuffs, I need to make a stand.

Edited by Breightmet Boy
Spelling mistake

17 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

Interesting.

Rickleford Ltd indeed seems to be one of a number of business that include the name Rickleford in their name and falls under the head company Rickelford Group Limited that Mr Sullivan is involved with along with a number of other companies.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/Q2p8_WuObT-SdJaqKn6S7L7-24I/appointments

BUT all of them have their correspondence address to Ramillies House. London.

The correspondence address and phone number given in the letter seems to be for a company Sullivan owns called Conegate Ltd - if you look on this link -

https://unitedkingdom.bizdirlib.com/node/290769

But if you look on Companies House its correspondence address is given as Ramillies House.

Conegate is shown at the address as per the letter in Theydon Bois.

Mr Sullivan seems also to live in Theydon Bois.

https://www.essexlifemag.co.uk/people/celebrity-interviews/david-sullivan-living-a-dream-in-theydon-bois-essex-1-1639861

(Bois means wood in French)

I wouldn't take the letter at face value myself.

Letter isn’t worth the paper it’s written on. I suspect Sullivan is interested in buying the stadium and leasing it back should we survive but if this is what Larry has given as proof of funding to the efl it is no wonder he was knocked back as it really isnt that 

43 minutes ago, Ros Coe said:

Does he ^ and BWFC_Insane from The Wanderer = the same person?

If you are asking me specifically, then I have no idea.

I seldom visit that site for many reasons, not least that they haven't anyone posting on there who can add to the knowledge and understanding of what we've actually been going through for at least the time from Eddie Davies untimely death.

1 hour ago, bolton va va said:

As long as ED was around, I was always confident that he wouldn't let us fold, & since then, Parky has been a reassuring presence. Today feels like a bodyblow/ final straw/ whatever & for the 1st time, i'm seriously worried about our future.

As bad as it was in the 80's, we still had Nat, still had Burnden, had TR,..... at this moment it's hard to see who has the best interests of Bolton Wanderers.... this feels worse

I’m feeling this. Fucking gutted 

3 hours ago, Mantra said:

On the subject of pity from other fans, all I get at my work is a bunch of half arsed United fans who haven’t got the foggiest about football

Met a new lad the other day and asked him who he supports and he said united, and this is very out of character for me with new people but I told him to “fuck off”

That made me laugh.

Different kind of pity but I pity people who say United, when asked who they support. 

7 hours ago, Breightmet Boy said:

Somebody is going to have to appoint a new manager bloody quickly if we are to have any chance of signing players before Sept 2nd.   The way the club are ‘considerating the matter’ of the resignations tells me PP has demanded information and has got either none or negative feedback.   Where’s my handcuffs, I need to make a stand.

Since we can't afford a fee is the 2nd September that important? We'll still be able to sign non contracted players after this date e.g Henry, O'Neill

* If we're still going

8 hours ago, anthonyj said:

To think i remember thinking when we moved to the Reebok, we'll never drop to the depth of the 80's again.

Fuck me, how have we got to this. Its almost like we've been cursed......ever since Holden's injury.

Cursed  ? come on I bet your a glass half empty type of person 

Put this in perspective -just learn to take one day at a time  

Mean to say its been such a quiet week so far in many ways 

Sunday started off with a run of the mill hotel administrators statement that leaves the FV bid for the football club under serious  threat  

On Monday we had the  following days match called off with a points deduction to follow 

and on Tuesday the Bassini roadshow rolled into town with him making all sorts of allegations that could rumble on for months 

and then yesterday our  Manager and his assistant resign 

I think credit needs to be given to our fantastic Marketing and PR department , no other club gets the amount of publicity we get outside of the premier league , they are doing a marvellous job , mean to say what other club gets the media coverage we do  ? 

They must work incredibly hard coordinating and planning  all these events - no wonder press releases are so few and far between 

I honestly get up every morning wondering  what might happen next 

And you know what ,  I remain optimistic that we have the people in and around our club that wont let us down any time soon 

I wonder what they have got lined up for us today ? 

5 hours ago, jayjayoghani said:

That made me laugh.

Different kind of pity but I pity people who say United, when asked who they support. 

I make a deliberate effort to reply “Hyde or Newcastle?”

it’s not particularly funny but it is satisfying when they look all confused

cunts

I’m another that can’t be arsed talking about our predicament to non-whites. They don’t get it and I don’t know where to start. :(

14 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

Sunday started off with a run of the mill hotel administrators statement that leaves the FV bid for the football club under serious  threat  

On Monday we had the  following days match called off with a points deduction to follow 

and on Tuesday the Bassini roadshow rolled into town with him making all sorts of allegations that could rumble on for months 

I think credit needs to be given to our fantastic Marketing and PR department , no other club gets the amount of publicity we get outside of the premier league , they are doing a marvellous job , mean to say what other club gets the media coverage we do  ? 

They must work incredibly hard coordinating and planning  all these events - no wonder press releases are so few and far between 

And you know what ,  I remain optimistic that we have the people in and around our club that wont let us down any time soon 

You've started on the red wine a bit early.. 

5 hours ago, jayjayoghani said:

That made me laugh.

Same. Work with a lad from Leicester down here who's a United fan. Pronounces Salford "SAL-ford" 

He went to a home match v CSKA Moscow a few seasons ago though, so...

Just now, Marc505 said:

Same. Work with a lad from Leicester down here who's a United fan. Pronounces Salford "SAL-ford" 

He went to a home match v CSKA Moscow a few seasons ago though, so...

He's probably on the mythical waiting list for tickets. Standard response from armchair/peasant reds. 

i still can't get round the disconnect of hearing normies like gary o'neil on Talksport talking about it , then the next minute Talksport are outside the reebok with eight pieces of paper and laurence bassini.. 

51 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

Whether we play or not on Saturday?

Probably too early to announce

8 minutes ago, e2e4 said:

i still can't get round the disconnect of hearing normies like gary o'neil on Talksport talking about it , then the next minute Talksport are outside the reebok with eight pieces of paper and laurence bassini.. 

Bassini is free content. They're not going to miss out on that. 

20 minutes ago, ProfessorWoland said:

Bassini is free content. They're not going to miss out on that. 

Exactly what is more entertaining to the neutral ! Common sense from Gary O’neil and Cundy or the ranting of the lunatic ?

• Site Supporter
25 minutes ago, Spider said:

When the club release a statement, who is the “we” they refer to?

Who exactly is it that has accepted Parky’s resignation?

Indeed, just highlights position we're in. Lights are on but no-one appears to be home.

22 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Admins as they are effectively running the club

Even they don't seem so keen anymore, pleading with FV to get it sorted and telling the likes of Bassini to fuck off.

Not sure, despite their experience, that they would have anticipated this.

1 hour ago, stevieb said:

He's probably on the mythical waiting list for tickets. Standard response from armchair/peasant reds. 

He has a look of confused, disdainful pity when I talk about going to matches regularly, like "why would you do that?"

I've a feeling the game is more of a TV show to him. Fair play, will be for me too soon the way we're going.

I lost count of the number of folk complaining that Neil Lennon failed because he wasn't given enough money to spend. Fact is the club spent £26.5m on wages in 2014/15 and £18.5m in 2015/16.

What happened next? Promotion on wages of £12.6m in 2016/17 under Parkinson and Championship status held in 2017/18 on less than that but still having to find the best part of a million quid p.a. for Blind Ben.

Of course there's more to it and it was never pretty but what did folk expect of Parkinson or Anderson? I think PP had to go but go with our appreciation, respect and best wishes.

Edited by Chris Custodiet