Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

29 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

I lost count of the number of folk complaining that Neil Lennon failed because he wasn't given enough money to spend. Fact is the club spent £26.5m on wages in 2014/15 and £18.5m in 2015/16.

What happened next? Promotion on wages of £12.6m in 2016/17 under Parkinson and Championship status held in 2017/18 on less than that but still having to find the best part of a million quid p.a. for Blind Ben.

Of course there's more to it and it was never pretty but what did folk expect of Parkinson or Anderson? I think PP had to go but go with our appreciation, respect and best wishes.

I expected Anderson to pay the wages for the players whom he signed contracts with.

I expected Anderson to pay suppliers for whom the club, whilst he was in charge,  agreed contracts with

HTH

46 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

He has a look of confused, disdainful pity when I talk about going to matches regularly, like "why would you do that?"

I've a feeling the game is more of a TV show to him. Fair play, will be for me too soon the way we're going.

Funnily enough just had a do with him now. "Maybe you can go help fill up Emptihad or come watch united with me innit"

Told in no uncertain terms not only do any other teams mean nothing to me I actually hate virtually everyone.

"I know man, look how much debt we're in cos of the Glazers look what they've done to us as well"

"You broke the world record transfer fee the other year, our staff have been using food banks. It's night and day."

"Suppose yeah. Oldham always looking for fans bro maybe you can go there"

I give up.

52 minutes ago, ZiggyStardust said:

I expected Anderson to pay the wages for the players whom he signed contracts with.

I expected Anderson to pay suppliers for whom the club, whilst he was in charge,  agreed contracts with

HTH

In which case, Ziggy,  you are as big a fool as Iles of the Beeno. The contracts were with the club or the hotel and the obligations of the club or hotel, not those of Ken Anderson or his family. So were the loans and other undertakings of the hotel and club.

Ken Anderson may be many things but he is not the fool he would have been had he taken on all that lot without the protection of the limited liability status owners and directors of the club have had since 1895.

Edited by Chris Custodiet

I'm still of the mind nothing will be done before the 2nd September court hearing (unless Bassini withdraws/does a deal of some sort, prior to it).

More than happy to be proved wrong though.

Edited by Sluffy

5 minutes ago, TroySwoosh said:

Rather FV than the loon

Of course, just annoying that if FV get the whole thing, they could’ve been cracking on with it since the club administrators announced the preferred bidder. Yet the hotel has been holding out for someone with more cash for ages and it’s just held everything up and pushed everyone to the limit.

1 minute ago, Mantra said:

Of course, just annoying that if FV get the whole thing, they could’ve been cracking on with it since the club administrators announced the preferred bidder. Yet the hotel has been holding out for someone with more cash for ages and it’s just held everything up and pushed everyone to the limit.

I wonder if Sharron's business plan is the same as Michael's. It doesn't look like Deano's (lets have some cash out pronto) plan  was the same as Kenneth's when they took over.

28 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

Ken Anderson may be many things but he is not the fool he would have been had he taken on all that lot without the protection of the limited liability status owners and directors of the club have had since 1985.

The thing that gets me about Anderson is that everybody and their dog could see that the club was losing money hand over fist - except him apparently. It doesn't take a genius to work out that if you continue to lose money year on year the only possible outcome is bankruptcy. Sure he made some minor cutbacks, sold our better young players and spent half his life begging us to buy more shirts but where was the business plan to bring the club to sustainability?

Bottom line - he didn't have one.

Add to that the rumours that he passed the opportunity to sell us on to wealthier owners two years ago because they wouldn't give him the golden handshake and to me he comes across as a self-serving egotistical incompetent who I wouldn't trust to run a bath let alone a football club.

The rumours of the potential sale may be disputable but the failure to get off the tracks when we could all see the train coming from miles away is not.

49 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Funnily enough just had a do with him now. "Maybe you can go help fill up Emptihad or come watch united with me innit"

Told in no uncertain terms not only do any other teams mean nothing to me I actually hate virtually everyone.

"I know man, look how much debt we're in cos of the Glazers look what they've done to us as well"

"You broke the world record transfer fee the other year, our staff have been using food banks. It's night and day."

"Suppose yeah. Oldham always looking for fans bro maybe you can go there"

I give up.

Are all your mates Asian gangsters? Innit, Bro. 😄

34 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

In which case, Ziggy,  you are as big a fool as Iles of the Beeno. The contracts were with the club or the hotel and the obligations of the club or hotel, not those of Ken Anderson or his family. So were the loans and other undertakings of the hotel and club.

Ken Anderson may be many things but he is not the fool he would have been had he taken on all that lot without the protection of the limited liability status owners and directors of the club have had since 1895.

Not Really.

I expect the person responsible for signing off a contract to ensure that the contract can be paid, before signing.

I expect someone who has given their personal word that something will be paid, to be paid. (As he did to the players, multiple times).

I dont expect a chairman to openly lie to his employees, promising them payment, whilst knowing he the company is unable to, and has no intention of paying it.

I obviously expect more of people than you do, but expectations usually reflect the self.

Have a good day.

4 minutes ago, Hoppy510 said:

The thing that gets me about Anderson is that everybody and their dog could see that the club was losing money hand over fist - except him apparently. It doesn't take a genius to work out that if you continue to lose money year on year the only possible outcome is bankruptcy. Sure he made some minor cutbacks, sold our better young players and spent half his life begging us to buy more shirts but where was the business plan to bring the club to sustainability?

Bottom line - he didn't have one.

Add to that the rumours that he passed the opportunity to sell us on to wealthier owners two years ago because they wouldn't give him the golden handshake and to me he comes across as a self-serving egotistical incompetent who I wouldn't trust to run a bath let alone a football club.

The rumours of the potential sale may be disputable but the failure to get off the tracks when we could all see the train coming from miles away is not.

Eh???

There might not have been anyone wanting to buy the club but you wanted him to do a moonlight and walk off anyway - even though he as a Director would still be personally financially responsible for its legal running?

How does that work then?

Like a few on here I'm getting more pessimistic now about this whole saga and how it's going to end.

If we ever do get taken over whoever does it will have to fund a Club in League 2 with massive outgoings so I hope they've got the wonga to fund those losses.

They say it's darkest before the dawn....well it's getting pretty dark.

10 minutes ago, Walkden White said:

Like a few on here I'm getting more pessimistic now about this whole saga and how it's going to end.

If we ever do get taken over whoever does it will have to fund a Club in League 2 with massive outgoings so I hope they've got the wonga to fund those losses.

They say it's darkest before the dawn....well it's getting pretty dark.

Unless you are being shot or hung at dawn

13 hours ago, Ros Coe said:

Does he ^ and BWFC_Insane from The Wanderer = the same person?

12 hours ago, Sluffy said:

If you are asking me specifically, then I have no idea.

I seldom visit that site for many reasons.

You were a moderator on the Wanderer at one point weren't you but fell out with people and left

19 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

Eh???

There might not have been anyone wanting to buy the club but you wanted him to do a moonlight and walk off anyway - even though he as a Director would still be personally financially responsible for its legal running?

How does that work then?

It works by having a business plan wherein income is increased and expenditure is reduced until you have a sustainable business that washes it's face. Or selling to someone who can.

As opposed to sitting on your hands for three years whilst the walls crumble around you.