Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

29 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

Dear God!!!

I've referred to him in numerous ways, Ken, Ken Anderson, KA, Mr Anderson, as the owner of ICI Ltd, etc, etc.

Ken's his name isn't it?

If you or anyone else wants to be childishly and call him names, then that's up to you.

I doubt he gives a toss what you, me, or anyone else calls him anyway.

I think you mean childish. Whatever. Your right though he doesn’t give a toss about anything other than making money.

If that involves destroying a football club, he doesn’t care. 

Anyone who has had the misfortune to come across him in either business or personally would choose a different word than ‘Ken’

2 hours ago, Sluffy said:

Those were my initial thoughts as well and why I posted Iles tweet tbh - EDT v ICI Ltd re loan.

Maybe there's some agreement for EDT to take less as a secured creditor on the club - thus allowing Ken to increase his secured amount to greater than the £1.6m stated but I would imagine that's more of a separate side deal than anything the Administrator would be involved in.  Can't in all honesty even imagine that such a deal would be struck in any event.

Can't think of anything else but I bow to Escabarp's undoubted knowledge on insolvency issues and all that comes with them.

Ah, got it I think.

Maybe Escobarp was thinking that what was being suggested was that EDT step in and do something - change Administrator or get them to remove FV as Preferred bidder for the club - and hence his reply accordingly?

Well if it was, we know that was most definitely not the case!

Iles clearly doesn't know what it is -

Edited by Sluffy
Grammar errors

40 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

Ah, got it I think.

Maybe Escobarp was thinking that what was being suggested was that EDT step in and do something - change Administrator or get them to remove FV as Preferred bidder for the club - and hence his reply accordingly?

Well if it was, we know that was most definitely not the case!

Iles clearly doesn't know what it is -

You do realise your talking to yourself now.

20 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

Anyone heard this story that Ben Amos was banging Kathy Lloyd, seen it posted from a few people on Twitter. Hope its true 😂

Along with being unable to stop any shots from outside the area, that would confirm to me that his eyes are fecked. 

54 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

Anyone heard this story that Ben Amos was banging Kathy Lloyd, seen it posted from a few people on Twitter. Hope its true 😂

Must be Ben Amos's ginger pubes that gave Kathy crabs first.

46 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Kathy Lloyd back in the day was a reasonable wench. She’s fuckin horrific now. Talk about bad AIDS, she’s got it twice

"reasonable wench" might be an understatement.

"fuckin horrific" definitely is.

13 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Interesting to hear Nixon’s comments on Twitter, he says FV not near to completing the deal on hotel and club, bidder with wherewithal to do the deal is locked out of the process, methinks he’s getting his info from KA. 

I find Nixon's comments fascinating because for months now he has been banging on about his alternative bidder. 

Marc Iles ends his match report on the Ipswich game with the following comment

“The structure of the Football Ventures takeover may have met with league approval but it has proved to be continually problematic. If there are other credible options out there, perhaps they should be explored before it is too late?

So my question – is there an alternative credible option ?.

Tonight Nixon is agreeing on twitter that it would be a good idea if his bidders made it clear that they would bid for the club and not just the hotel.

On 5th August he tweeted “Bolton. Bid now made for hotel from group backed by Kamani family. Over 7m. Now in hands of administrators. First step to move for whole club. Game. On. 

Important point to note he refers to Group backed by the Kamani family NOT the family themselves.  ( I am aware several of the family have said they are not buying a football club )  

Nixon had predicted the bid for the hotel a couple of weeks earlier  

So who might this Group be ?

If we go back to the end Of March Nixon was suggesting that Peter Kenyon was Interested “Kenyon has been trying for a couple of months. Still active. Money behind him. So I’ve been taking his efforts seriously. But ultimately that means nothing. Down to who can deal with Anderson?

Within a week of that last tweet referring to Peter Kenyon , Bassini was in talks with KA and thereafter as we all know the club went into administration. ( On this thread Kenyon barely got the time of day because Howard was holding court and we swiftly moved on to focus on Bassini )  

Maybe because of the way events unfolded it just never went anywhere at the time . Maybe the two are one and the same -the money behind Kenyon could be Kamani – there is the obvious  Manchester connection, and maybe the group backed by the Kamani family is led by Peter Kenyon.

It may be I am completely wrong about Kenyon and the group is made up of others .

But is there anything in what Nixon is saying ?

The way things are going we desperately  need an alternative to FV  , and it would certainly  provide some hope and shake things up  If this Kamani Group makes a statement of intent  

In fact it may turn out that they are a better bet than our supposed " preferred bidders "

3 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

I find Nixon's comments fascinating because for months now he has been banging on about his alternative bidder. 

Marc Iles ends his match report on the Ipswich game with the following comment

“The structure of the Football Ventures takeover may have met with league approval but it has proved to be continually problematic. If there are other credible options out there, perhaps they should be explored before it is too late?

So my question – is there an alternative credible option ?.

Tonight Nixon is agreeing on twitter that it would be a good idea if his bidders made it clear that they would bid for the club and not just the hotel.

On 5th August he tweeted “Bolton. Bid now made for hotel from group backed by Kamani family. Over 7m. Now in hands of administrators. First step to move for whole club. Game. On. 

Important point to note he refers to Group backed by the Kamani family NOT the family themselves.  ( I am aware several of the family have said they are not buying a football club )  

Nixon had predicted the bid for the hotel a couple of weeks earlier  

So who might this Group be ?

If we go back to the end Of March Nixon was suggesting that Peter Kenyon was Interested “Kenyon has been trying for a couple of months. Still active. Money behind him. So I’ve been taking his efforts seriously. But ultimately that means nothing. Down to who can deal with Anderson?

Within a week of that last tweet referring to Peter Kenyon , Bassini was in talks with KA and thereafter as we all know the club went into administration. ( On this thread Kenyon barely got the time of day because Howard was holding court and we swiftly moved on to focus on Bassini )  

Maybe because of the way events unfolded it just never went anywhere at the time . Maybe the two are one and the same -the money behind Kenyon could be Kamani – there is the obvious  Manchester connection, and maybe the group backed by the Kamani family is led by Peter Kenyon.

It may be I am completely wrong about Kenyon and the group is made up of others .

But is there anything in what Nixon is saying ?

The way things are going we desperately  need an alternative to FV  , and it would certainly  provide some hope and shake things up  If this Kamani Group makes a statement of intent  

In fact it may turn out that they are a better bet than our supposed " preferred bidders "

fascinating

Nice theory Benny. I’m struggling to see how this alternate bidder is the real deal though. If they were, they should have the deal wrapped up already.

I know situations can change but we’ve constantly heard how the administrators have to do right by the creditors. If a bidder came in with plenty of money and were a better prospect than FV, even if they came in late, they should have made this process much faster and simpler.

Edited by Mantra

Stuffy

Apart fromy being too verbose I'm fed up with you quoting grammar errors at the end of each post. Can you not just read what you've put and amend as necessary before pressing  'submit reply' ?

Edited by H
just thought I should put something

I've stopped reading the speculation now, I'm filled with malaise and boredom, I'm probably not alone with having switched off with regards to football atm.

I said 5 months ago when the FV bid first appeared (not saying we had an alternative or not) I'd hate to get into a situation again were the club is basically on pause for another 3 years, well its been 5 months and no progress.

If FV truly had the money (you need to run a football club) they'd just crush the other bids and get it over and done with. At the moment they risk taking ownership with a reputation as bad as Ken, mainly stemming from their lack of communication, an NDA doesn't mean you can't talk at all (generally speaking). Reputation, PR and fan sentiment are important and take ages to build.

Maybe I'm just talking shit but Wanderers seems like a much better offer than some of the clubs ive seen sell "recently" of a similar size: Blackburn, Preston North End, Stoke City, Swansea City, Portsmouth and Ipswich Town.

Interesting Benny, thank you.

A couple of thoughts I've had in the past and what your post have prompted.

The first was that I never really understood why Nixon consistently mentions about how EDT have never been 'happy' about their position?

What insight into all of the tale does he really have and where is his information coming from?

Yes it could be all made up bollocks - he got plenty wrong and he's said so many things that just by chance some will come true but it seems to me at least, that one of his constants has always been about EDT not being happy?

Another thing I've never really understand is James/PBP's position?

I know I'm being naively simplistic about this but wouldn't it have been easier for EDT and James/PBP to line up on the same side and not dissipate their strength and weaken their position by joining a third party (assuming Ken is the other party) and leaving gaps to be exploited?

Why did James join Bassran's initial FV consortium pre Administration?

I asked Howard (yes I know) about why had James done this and he answered very cryptically that he was 'embarrassed' now that he had?

Also why did PBP not appoint the hotel Administrator - would have solved the problem at a stroke if they had?

I'm not convinced there was another buyer in the background - Howard made compelling reasons why other clubs for sale (Southampton for instance) were far more attractive to purchase other than Bolton.  If there really was, then what's stopped them getting themselves involved in FV (buying them out and taking on their position for instance - with the advantage on money to complete for the club without the hotel requirement / or have sufficient funds to out bid their rival (boohoo?).

Why have they waited for months and not moved on to another club by now?  Why would they think BWFC is in someway worth waiting for - just in case things didn't work out?

If there really are anybody out there they need to get their finger out soon because apart from the EFL's deadline which kicks in on Tuesday, Iles is indicating there isn't enough left in the pot to get to the end of the two week period!

Or more tellingly -

Wages are due at the end of the month for 150 employees and the only alternative to a sale for administrators would be liquidation, a scenario that doesn’t bear thinking about.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/17860048.bolton-wanderers-0-ipswich-town-5-big-match-verdict/

Edited by Sluffy
Grammar errors

33 minutes ago, H said:

Stuffy

Apart fromy being too verbose I'm fed up with you quoting grammar errors at the end of each post. Can you not just read what you've put and amend as necessary before pressing  'submit reply' ?

Haitch,

I do.

However I am dyslexic.

I can read my post several times over and still not see all of my grammatical errors before I press send.

Some sites allow you to freely amend ones post until another one is posted after it, unfortunately that isn't the case on here.

The site however offers me an option as to state why I've amended my post and I simply use it.

Sorry if you find me too verbose for your liking.

Hope that answers your questions of me.

Enjoy the rest of your evening.

Edited by Sluffy
Grammar errors