Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

Its not important in the grand scheme of things, but £100k gate receipts for a 5.5k crowd must be optimistic.  Out of 5 of us that went to the game I was the only one paying £20, 2 are over 65s and 2 are (just) under 23, paying £10 each.  I bet half the crowd dont pay £20, so average would be about £15 giving us a max £80k, less costs of opening stadium etc.  Probably enough to pay the wages of Parky and his coaching staff and none of the other 145 employees.  All guesswork, but its a drop in the ocean.

• Site Supporter

Where has the notion come from that liquidation is bad for Anderson???

There are more than enough assets in any sell off to see him get his cash.

Still can’t see that happening

Assuming this second group are real, why would Appleton not entertain them?

Does he legally have to stick by FV as his preferred bidders and that’s why he’s come out and clarified they’re the only ones active?

• Site Supporter

What I don’t get, say for example Abramovich came along and said I want the lot for £50m, why would the admins not tell FV they are no longer preferred bidders?

To that extent, I reckon Nixon’s mystery 2nd bidders are as potless as FV

1 minute ago, Mantra said:

I guess it really is FV or bust then. Don’t get where Nixon’s getting this second bidder from.

He's saying they're not preferred bidder. Which is what I assumed he would. 

If they actually want it (and exist) they should definitely make it known. Doesn't seem like they will get it doing what they're doing 

Nixon has previously said everyone knows of them who needs to. And the statement reads like they're open to other parties making an offer but there haven't been any. 

8 minutes ago, TrickyTrotter said:

Cost of running the club exceeds income at every level we’ve been at. Little tv money So Gate revenue main source of income. It’s not rocket science.

Match day costs go up slightly with increased gates. Suppliers bills would have been higher, my thought process is that higher gates would have merely delayed the decline, allowing ken to stay ononger and pay himself more money over a longer period of time. 

1 hour ago, barrycowdrill said:

Ken won’t budge on his position. He doesn’t give a fuck about the club but is banking on the people who do who don’t want it to fold to move on theirs. He’s STILL in the position of power

He is and he knows how to use it. I find it incredible that with his track record stripping money out of companies, his ban for several years from holding directorships and his general approach to business that nobody seems to have rumbled him - apart from HMRC of course, but that was years ago. I can understand Eddie getting turned over as he'd already shown his naivety in trusting Gartside to hold the reins for him and he was desperate for BWFC to continue, but to put the fox in charge of the chicken coup will probably turn out to be our demise.

Here's a post on another forum from the 31st August 2017 when Anderson allegedly acquired BM's shares to take full control without investing a penny of his own money - and thereby putting all the risk on the club.

There's been a lot of debate about KAs motives but I don't see the point of folk "taking sides" when the fact of the matter is that we really don't know and probably won't for some time to come.
It could be that KA is acting with the club's interest at heart, but equally it is no coincidence that since arriving he has taken control of assets far more valuable than his personal investment which will allow him to leverage more debt to play with. 
Whether or not he has "engineered" this situation is neither here nor there but I'll be sitting firmly on the fence as regards KA for the time being. 
We'll only know what the man is really about when he exits the club when we'll finally see whether he has built something from the assets he inherited or merely stripped the carcass for personal gain.
We all really hope it's the former but he has yet to prove it.

Here we are two years later and still nothing can be proved, but I still don't trust Anderson as far as I can throw Blackpool Tower.

Ken’s been on Talksport again speaking to his best mate Jim White, says the deal is back on table there in deep talks & expects a deal done tonight. He will speak to media after the deal is done. All load of shite again 

42 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

It looks like the redacted name has the same address as Ken which might suggest that Mrs Ken was favourite.

I'd have thought that Moonshift wanted more than the (next to worthless) BL shares as security for the loan so there may be another personal charge in favour of Moonshift which might also include the redacted name, if you follow my logic.

P.S. Best offer Ken got for the shares was £200K so who'd lend £5m based on that as the only security?

Cheers.

If it's Mrs Ken, can't see the logic of redacting. Could be another Ken entity, but as you point out would have to be registered to same address as Ken (that said, we don't know if the redacted address is Ken's personal address).

3 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

Ken’s been on Talksport again speaking to his best mate Jim White, says the deal is back on table there in deep talks & expects a deal done tonight. He will speak to media after the deal is done. All load of shite again 

Do you know what time Jim White said that on TS

Just now, Spider said:

Say what you like

That EFL threat has certainly thrown a grenade in.

May even be a positive outcome.

Which they’ll be smug as fuck about.

EFL threat came from admins effectively who’ve had enough and wanted to draw a Line in the sand 

If a deal gets done it’s through the tenacity of the admins and the perseverance of FV although they haven’t really got the fans on Board with the silence 

twittermongs will blame the admins whatever the outcome