Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

• Members

Been wandering (appropriately) around in a daze today. Can't quite believe what I am hearing from the mother country.

I am hoping against hope that this is a (fucking dangerous) game of brinksmanship between the greasy fcuking bastard and Football Ventures and that by some miracle, we will be saved at the death a la Bury FC.

As others have said, I have been inundated with calls, e-mails, SMS messages etc from folk who can't quite believe that 'such a big club' could be brought to this. Particularly warm offerings from WHU and MUFC fans which is quite chastening. Nothing but sympathy and disbelief from all.

It should never have come to this but it seems that others will also experience this nightmare in the coming months/years and survival appears to be a bit of a lottery unless someone within the football hierarchy actually puts measures in place to effect a more even distribution of the squillions sloshing around within football to make sure that potential nurseries/feeder clubs for the big boys do not cease to exist.

Fucking well constipated today I've been so wound up by this.

26 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

It should never have come to this but it seems that others will also experience this nightmare in the coming months/years

Bolton and Bury won't be the last, we might end up being saved, but it won't be long before a club is actually liquidated, I'd certainly expect it to happen in the next year or two. Sad times, but the game has been eating itself for years now, and a bit of a collapse was always going to happen at some point. It won't be long before a club like Stoke find themselves in our position I reckon

17 minutes ago, ProfessorWoland said:

If there editorial team could please explain the 5m loan from fildraw to ICI and how it seems to then turn into first 10m and then 0m on the same balance sheet I'd be eternally grateful.

Good question Professor. Fildraw didn't lend the money to ICIL, which you will see from the accounts you'll find here:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09782053/filing-history

The money was lent to Ken Anderson and another redacted name. That's probably Mrs Anderson secured on assets owned between the two of them with a back-up security on the small value of shares in BL. Can't see anybody lending £5m quid on the security of a £200K property, can you?

Anyway Mr and Mrs Anderson are unlikely to have seen much, if any, of the £5m most of it going to repay the Blumarble loan taken out in March 2016 by Holdsworth, legal costs and other overdue accounts of BWFC, before any of the rest left the solicitors office.

The £10m is different. See note 21 of the 2017 Group accounts here:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09782053/filing-history

Then we have the £1.6m that Rubins reported was all that was owed to Ken. Ken says it should be £7.5m. Say no more about that for now. I'd prefer to avoid anotherTLDR.

Guest Nordkurve
7 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Parkinson is on The Debate tonight, Sky Sports 10pm.

I can't see him spilling any beans about what has gone on. Hopefully though, he wil get to talk about how the Club managed to survive this mess rather than how he was the last ever Bolton wanderers Manager. 

32 minutes ago, Traf said:

Football probably needs a big or well-known club to go bump to give it the reality check it badly needs.
I just hope it's not us.

Whilst I agree to a certain point, our potential demise won’t suddenly make a chairman / owner more conscientious. 

Theyre either financially cautious or reckless. I don’t think anyone will wake up tomorrow and think ‘I need to cut costs and remove our debt’

day to day demands of football doesn’t allow it. 

They’ll all keep treading water, preying they keep their heads from going under and only worry when they begin to drown.

In real terms they’re not arsed about what’s going on next door but one

Edited by barrycowdrill

1 hour ago, Farnywhite said:

BBC breakfast this morning had a bit on it quoted Anderson has saying “ he as had no contact from the consortium or the trust since the administrators took over and not involved in any of the discussions and  not responsible for any of the delays for the last few months “

Seeing as he is doing everything through his "legal representatives" e.g. the ones who couldn't turn up to sign off the deal the other day he is probably telling the truth about having had no contact - he just omitted the word "direct".

The same could be said about "not involved with the discussions"  (directly as his legal representatives were protecting his interests for him) and "not responsible for the delays" (directly as his legal representatives were the ones who were causing the delays by e.g. "not being available" and asking for more at the last minute)

Mealy-mouthed as usual, but technically the statement is probably correct.

10 minutes ago, Nordkurve said:

I can't see him spilling any beans about what has gone on. Hopefully though, he wil get to talk about how the Club managed to survive this mess rather than how he was the last ever Bolton wanderers Manager. 

No me neither, probably for another day.

Guest Nordkurve
1 minute ago, Hoppy510 said:

what were the 3 issues?

Kens money, some other Money for Ken, and the money that that guy Kenneth Anderson wanted. Probably.

Just now, Hoppy510 said:

what were the 3 issues?

I wish I knew for sure.

If I was to guess then one will be to do with the EDT loan to KA and how it’s secured.

One will be KA protecting himself against future legal action from FV. 

Loads will come out in due course

1 hour ago, Sweep said:

Bolton and Bury won't be the last, we might end up being saved, but it won't be long before a club is actually liquidated, I'd certainly expect it to happen in the next year or two. Sad times, but the game has been eating itself for years now, and a bit of a collapse was always going to happen at some point. It won't be long before a club like Stoke find themselves in our position I reckon

For Stoke, Blackburn or another club to do a Bolton, they'd need Bet 365/Venkys to pull the plug overnight, leave tens of millions of debt in the club and then sell on to a chancer with no money.

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

For Stoke, Blackburn or another club to do a Bolton, they'd need Bet 365/Venkys to pull the plug overnight, leave tens of millions of debt in the club and then sell on to a chancer with no money.

If a fan of the club can do it....

7 minutes ago, Danny G said:

I wish I knew for sure.

If I was to guess then one will be to do with the EDT loan to KA and how it’s secured.

One will be KA protecting himself against future legal action from FV. 

Loads will come out in due course

Thanks Danny.

TBH I'm not confident the dirty details will ever come out.Two years ago I heard that Anderson had turned down a a takeover bid from an American billionaire with substantial sports investments because he wouldn't give him a huge payoff. I heard that eventually the billionaire walked because Anderson was rude, obnoxious and lying about the accounts. Then - nothing. We never heard a squeak about that since so it was written off by some as just being a rumour - but I still believe it happened and TBF in the absence of information it has as much chance of being true as not. But apart from the time Anderson was busted for fraud, very little information has ever come out about his dealings and your second option above probably explains why.

Wigan fan in piece. Been following the goings on for a while as many members of my family are big Bolton fans. Good luck and hope it all works out. 

No no genuine football fan will want you to go out of existence, irrespective of rivalry etc. 

Bolton are stills big club and eventually you will get back to being successful. 

Keep the faith and I will keep my fingers crossed we play each other the season after next in the championship. 

10 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

that could easily happen. I remember years ago, some people saying they would rather be like Bolton, owned by a fan, rather than owned by some foreign billionaire who might get bored one day.........