Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

19 minutes ago, GMann said:

Wigan fan in piece.

Bolton fan in pieces.

Thanks for your wishes. Apart from a few knobheads, most fans seem to empathise with us and nearly all are concerned that the way in which football club ownership is decided and managed (I would say regulated but it clearly isn't) is a concern for everyone associated with the game.

Just now, Hoppy510 said:

Bolton fan in pieces.

Thanks for your wishes. Apart from a few knobheads, most fans seem to empathise with us and nearly all are concerned that the way in which football club ownership is decided and managed (I would say regulated but it clearly isn't) is a concern for everyone associated with the game.

With the strange ommision of Doncaster fans, all I see from them is that it was somehow personal last week, they want the 3 points and for us to disappear into the ether.

But then .... Yorkies.

3 minutes ago, ZiggyStardust said:

With the strange ommision of Doncaster fans, all I see from them is that it was somehow personal last week, they want the 3 points and for us to disappear into the ether.

But then .... Yorkies.

It's all fucking stupid.

We've been giving up free wins week after week, apart from the miracle against Coventry. 

Bury in same position, but with a bit of luck on their side they'll be able to field a proper team and have their issues sorted when those games are finally rescheduled. I can definitely understand Doncaster fans annoyance at not getting a free 3 points, seeing as we're handing them out, but to celebrate or wish a club goes under because you weren't given an easy win is pathetic. 

Just now, Breightmet Boy said:

Why, has he decided to join in the discussions?  May have a breakthrough if he's true to his word 

Or he is trying to clear his name from it going wrong And can say he did all he can do 

Edited by Matty

2 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

He's asking Paul Appleton to be there though, he could be wasting serious time which we don't have!

Phones exist for a reason. No reason discussions can't continue while he nips out for an hour. And if it's true and he has the funds EFL would surely extend the 5pm deadline, even if it's just until later in the night. 

23 minutes ago, Hoppy510 said:

Thanks Danny.

TBH I'm not confident the dirty details will ever come out.Two years ago I heard that Anderson had turned down a a takeover bid from an American billionaire with substantial sports investments because he wouldn't give him a huge payoff. I heard that eventually the billionaire walked because Anderson was rude, obnoxious and lying about the accounts. Then - nothing. We never heard a squeak about that since so it was written off by some as just being a rumour - but I still believe it happened and TBF in the absence of information it has as much chance of being true as not. But apart from the time Anderson was busted for fraud, very little information has ever come out about his dealings and your second option above probably explains why.

'Sails close to the wind' has been one consistent description of Anderson while he has been here, and it may ring true in his final act.

Your final sentence is very interesting. Is there some kind of red flag with Companies House/other relevant bodies regarding such an action? When someone sells a business with a stipulation for immunity (for want of a better word), surely this must ring alarm bells. And yes, while this person is innocent until proven guilty, this action alone must surely be a mark against them the next time they try to take over a company? If you've nothing to hide, why would you impose this?

Is there actually a legal mechanism to stop Anderson taking over A.N.Other financially struggling business (football or non-football), running the business in an, ahem, questionable manner for personal gain, and hiding it all through a legal clause during a sale through administration? 

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Hoppy510 said:

Bolton fan in pieces.

I’ve just been on the phone to the bank, through the usual security checks and gave my address as Bolton etc, the lad spent 10 minutes asking me what was going on and how he hoped it actually worked out for us and fingers crossed etc, asking is Bassini genuine or a fruitcake , the call centre for the bank isn’t in Scotland and he was a Rangers fan, said he’d been through it and knew how we were feeling.

Spent more time discussing football than the business I was trying to do and was surprised how much he knew about it/ was concerned to be honest.

39 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

If a fan of the club can do it....

The coats family have already started to tighten the purse strings. Their plight is very reminiscent of ours. Gambled stupidly on their current manager in the same way we gambled on freedman. 

That was their last chance. They’re gonna the same way as us. 

Blackburn nearly hounded the venkys out the thick fuckers. They’d be fucked without em. 

6 minutes ago, SilentBob said:

Phones exist for a reason. No reason discussions can't continue while he nips out for an hour. And if it's true and he has the funds EFL would surely extend the 5pm deadline, even if it's just until later in the night. 

Don't believe for one minute he has them funds, so he's magically got £39 mill off someone over the weekend, what planet we living on here?

7 minutes ago, SilentBob said:

The EFL 5pm deadline is a bit irrelevant as things stands - that's for them to invoke the 14 day notice period so we'd still have a couple of weeks to get the deal done.

The administrators are going to liquidate the company from tomorrow if the deal isn't done - nothing to do with the EFL deadline at all.

So the real deadline for the deal being done is probably 9am tomorrow or whatever time the admins commence the liquidation.

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

He's asking Paul Appleton to be there though, he could be wasting serious time which we don't have!

Paul Appleton can go, he's not involved in the discussions holding us up

I still can't decide if Bassini is doing this for KA to try and stall things

In the 3 years KA was touting the club, is Bassini really the most credible person who emerged as a potential buyer?