Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

9 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

Don't believe for one minute he has them funds, so he's magically got £39 mill off someone over the weekend, what planet we living on here?

Never said he does, but you're talking like an hour of his time is going to kill the entire deal, when it's been dragging on for months. Nothing he can do if it's between KA and EDT. 

4 minutes ago, SilentBob said:

Never said he does, but you're talking like an hour of his time is going to kill the entire deal, when it's been dragging on for months. Nothing he can do if it's between KA and EDT. 

Well we have till 5pm & he wants to meet at 3pm so yeah an hour of his time could kill the club. Also with him saying "I will pay all the creditors in full". You not think he's trying to hope one of the creditors believes him, again stopping any other deal with a genuine bid.

1 minute ago, Okocha10 said:

Well we have till 5pm & he wants to meet at 3pm so yeah an hour of his time could kill the club. Also with him saying "I will pay all the creditors in full". You not think he's trying to hope one of the creditors believes him, again stopping any other deal with a genuine bid.

He can't do anything more, from pretty much all reports. It's up to Ken and EDT to find compromise. That's it. Him meeting with a lunatic isn't going to kill the club.

Just going back to the possible issue of creative accounting. KA maybe able to come to an agreement with whoever not to be sued at a later date. But surely if something has taken place anf found to be illegal then the administrators and or accounting firms are legally bound to inform the authorities.

9 minutes ago, Tommy Banks said:

surely if something has taken place anf found to be illegal then the administrators and or accounting firms are legally bound to inform the authorities.

Of course they would be, you can't cover up illegal acts (if any occur)  

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Tommy Banks said:

Just going back to the possible issue of creative accounting. KA maybe able to come to an agreement with whoever not to be sued at a later date. But surely if something has taken place anf found to be illegal then the administrators and or accounting firms are legally bound to inform the authorities.

This.

All the esteemed accountants on here will no doubt help differentiate between customer confidentiality policy & grassing up a thief.

24 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

He doesn't have until 5pm. He has until 5pm two weeks from now before we get booted out of the league.

Liquidating the club tomorrow is a self-imposed deadline.

Just now, Tombwfc said:

He doesn't have until 5pm. He has until 5pm two weeks from now before we get booted out of the league.

Liquidating the club tomorrow is a self-imposed deadline.

It’s not self imposed. The club is insolvent. How hard is this for you to understand? Stop reading bollocks on twitter and face facts. Administrators cannot trade a business that can’t pay its staff. Unless someone puts money in tomorrow is it. 

6 minutes ago, Tommy Banks said:

Administrators are required to submit a report on the conduct of directors and other professionals have obligations under POCA. So the suggestion that Ken Anderson is trying to avoid that is completely bogus.

On the other hand, chucking malicious or  unfounded rumours about on t'internet is summat else. I heard that one Blackpool fan had to pay a heavy price for thinking that was his right.

We haven't seen the last two years accounts but the administrators reports seem to accord with Ken Anderson's previous statements about trading results. If they had not been true, the liabilities would probably have been significantly higher than the administrators have reported.

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, Tommy Banks said:

maybe he's not done anything illegal, that article states "indemnity from civil action" 

am no expert but presume that would cover something like not paying up on the loan he agreed with ED, or the terms of some other deal he's agreed on but has no intention of seeing through

Edited by ZicoKelly

2 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Going to be mad if anyone but FV completes.

I’ve said this repeatedly. There is no one else And I was correct 

let’s hope I’m also correct in what I’m hearing that a deal will be done today and is now close. Don’t shoot the messenger

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

let’s hope I’m also correct in what I’m hearing that a deal will be done today and is now close. Don’t shoot the messenger

Hearing the same. But also that there is still an issue to solve. And we’ve been here before so I remain cautious.

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

I don’t disbelieve you and I am sceptical of there being other bidders but I won’t rule it out completely, stranger things have happened. 

Come on FV

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Mantra said:

Unless someone is purposefully feeding Nixon wrong info or unless he just loves the attention, not sure why he’s so certain there are two active parties going at it.

He needs the attention, it's his job at the end of the day.

Sun journalists don't have to rely on facts.

• Moderators

aye, and if he spins the same story as anyone else, no one will take any interest in what he has to say, whereas if he makes on he knows something different, then he gets to spend all day wanking off on twitter

1 minute ago, Spider said:

He needs the attention, it's his job at the end of the day.

Sun journalists don't have to rely on facts.

Iles just confirmed there is a second bidder for the hotel, maybe them being in for the club is the bit that is further from the truth?

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Mantra said:

Iles just confirmed there is a second bidder for the hotel, maybe them being in for the club is the bit that is further from the truth?

I meant the club. I assumed everyone knew the hotel was a separate deal after 1,080 pages?

I don't think many of us are disputing the existence of a second bidder for the hotel. What is disputed is that Nixon seems to refute claims that FV had agreed a deal for the hotel. Mr Appleton explicitly said that a deal was agree for both entities.