Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

5 minutes ago, Danny G said:

KA has nothing to lose and £7.5 million to gain with this clause. He will not back down. 

Reckon this was his plan all along, throw it in there right at the end. 

He feels he’s in the position of strength by leaving it this late. No other option but him or liquidation now. He’s played a good game but it’s going to cost us our club or Davies family 7.5m 

53 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

Christ we had people going on about his past history and his 9 year directors ban and how he shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the club from day one - or is that not true either?

If you can just put aside our 3 year history on the subject of Anderson's trustworthiness for a moment  I have a genuine question for you.

I know that the full facts are still not out in the open, but do you now feel any less inclined to make less robust defences of Mr Anderson's motives and character now compared to say three months or three years ago?

Not having a go but I am genuinely curious to learn if your position has changed or if you still "trust his professional judgement to do what's best for the club"

• Site Supporter
Just now, Tombwfc said:

Quite.

If Rolf Harris turns up for babysitting, you're not a big meanie for questioning whether his past makes him unsuitable for the job.

Ken was incredibly fortunate to have far more support here than he ever deserved.

Indeed.

Hopefully the efl will now stop any cunts with this type of record from buying a club.

Just now, Escobarp said:

He feels he’s in the position of strength by leaving it this late. No other option but him or liquidation now. He’s played a good game but it’s going to cost us our club or Davies family 7.5m 

Any money that is paid to Anderson is money that won't be invested in the club. Not saying the Davies family would necessarily have put it all into the club, but either way it's a question of just how much it will cost BWFC.

2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

How much does he stand to gain in the current deal, as a secured creditor? And how much of that will he receive back if/when the assets are sold if there are people in front of him in the queue?

3 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

Quite.

If Rolf Harris turns up for babysitting, you're not a big meanie for questioning whether his past makes him unsuitable for the job.

Ken was incredibly fortunate to have far more support here than he ever deserved.

You are blaming the fans for supporting the owner? 

Just now, Hoppy510 said:

Any money that is paid to Anderson is money that won't be invested in the club. Not saying the Davies family would necessarily have put it all into the club, but either way it's a question of just how much it will cost BWFC.

None of it would be going to the club. This is the exit for EDT and cash for them 

2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Indeed.

Hopefully the efl will now stop any cunts with this type of record from buying a club.

But they won't until the FPP test is replaced by something that works and that membership of the EFL requires regular audits.

1 minute ago, Hoppy510 said:

But they won't until the FPP test is replaced by something that works and that membership of the EFL requires regular audits.

They also won't when you've got the like of Bury chucking 3 bids at their table an hour after the deadline comes in. Same as Bury last time and us with deano if it's a toss up between club going bust and some chancer having his chance they let the chancer in. 

Just now, stevieb said:

They also won't when you've got the like of Bury chucking 3 bids at their table an hour after the deadline comes in. Same as Bury last time and us with deano if it's a toss up between club going bust and some chancer having his chance they let the chancer in. 

True but when Deano arrived we still hadn't gone into administration so there could have been more time.

This was debated a couple of weeks ago, any new owner should be able to deposit a years running cost to the EFL, that deposit will stay with them until the owners have proven that they are capable of running the club solvent, if for any reason wages are not being paid, then the EFL chip away at their deposit to ensure clubs are sustainable for at least a year.

46 minutes ago, DaisyHWanderer said:

Dread to think how much time I’ve spent reading this thread over the past 5 months or so. 

I don't do FB or twatter, so WWays is my first call for footy news. I must have tuned in to this thread 100 times today, i'm wilting now though.

5 minutes ago, Hoppy510 said:

Whether it went to the club or not is irrelevant in this scenario. If Ken lent it all to the club, and it’s secured he will get all £7.5 million back. The clause he wants inserting would mean that he cannot be pursued through the civil courts by EDT for   Not paying the loan back to them. 

Just now, Danny G said:

Whether it went to the club or not is irrelevant in this scenario. If Ken lent it all to the club, and it’s secured he will get all £7.5 million back. The clause he wants inserting would mean that he cannot be pursued through the civil courts by EDT for   Not paying the loan back to them. 

I just wonder if that's actually legally possible. I mean hedging against a potential future default. Can't he just get insurance against that?

There again with his track record nobody would be daft enough to insure him.

I just wonder if that's actually legally possible. I mean hedging against a potential future default. Can't he just get insurance against that?

There again with his track record nobody would be daft enough to insure him.

Apparently the loans to KA are secured against his personal assets so house, car, boat etc. If he didn’t pay back then EDT can have assets seized. With the clause They wouldn’t, simple as that. 

5 minutes ago, Ani said:

You are blaming the fans for supporting the owner? 

I think that's taking what I said out of context. I never agreed with some of the hero worship Ken received, but any fans who supported him at any point aren't to blame.

Far from using the fans response to him as an excuse for his actions (as Sluffy and Custard do continually), he should be pretty grateful that with his past the reaction wasn't much worse, much sooner. I expect next time a man with his past tries to take over a football club, it will be.