Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

6 minutes ago, bwfc2003 said:

according to Iles 

Talks with the Football Ventures consortium continued tonight, with hopes now high that a takeover can be completed quickly.

Administrators had threatened to commence liquidation proceedings on Wednesday morning but with a deal now felt to be back within reach, that is considered unlikely, for now.

That's what I needed to see. Time to shut this thread off and tomorrow's (hopefully) a new day.  

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, bwfc2003 said:

according to Iles 

Talks with the Football Ventures consortium continued tonight, with hopes now high that a takeover can be completed quickly.

Administrators had threatened to commence liquidation proceedings on Wednesday morning but with a deal now felt to be back within reach, that is considered unlikely, for now.

"Quickly"

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Not even the 'scouse' part for me. Just the idea of having a "second team" makes me yip.

It’s weakness of character. Likely due to being bullied and needing to form playground friendships for safety.

Worse still are the ones who say they were “brought up” watching them on the telly. Indecisive and unemployable.

5 minutes ago, Spider said:

It’s weakness of character. Likely due to being bullied and needing to form playground friendships for safety.

Worse still are the ones who say they were “brought up” watching them on the telly. Indecisive and unemployable.

If you've not pissed ankle deep in crappy run down bogs watching your team play out a drab 0-0 Vs Barnsley on cold January night then you haven't lived.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Spider said:

Harsh, but probably true. Football is over for me if we cease to exist. I know a few people who've switched from Liverpool to Manchester United or vice versa over the last 20 years, and every single one of them is a grade A cunt. Not a chance in hell I can ever support any team other than Bolton Wanderers. 

shuddering to think think, Salford City are in league 2 and Bury have gone, and at best we're hoping and praying we'll be playing in the same league as them next year

we was drawing with giants of European football in bayern Munich 10 years ago and beating Red Star Belgrade 

How the fuck did it get to this 

My lad text me earlier and was like "what do I do", and I had no answer, and I have an answer for everything, when Wednesday nearly went bust in 2011 there was nothing, no comprehension of supporting another club, and for the first time in my life I have no answer when my kid asks me something

1 minute ago, marcx666 said:

My lad text me earlier and was like "what do I do", and I had no answer, and I have an answer for everything, when Wednesday nearly went bust in 2011 there was nothing, no comprehension of supporting another club, and for the first time in my life I have no answer when my kid asks me something

I normally say 'ask your mum'

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, L/H White said:

shuddering to think think, Salford City are in league 2 and Bury have gone, and at best we're hoping and praying we'll be playing in the same league as them next year

we was drawing with giants of European football in bayern Munich 10 years ago and beating Red Star Belgrade 

How the fuck did it get to this 

You’ll have to stay clarifying who “we” is from now on, it gets confusing.

5 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Harsh, but probably true. Football is over for me if we cease to exist. I know a few people who've switched from Liverpool to Manchester United or vice versa over the last 20 years, and every single one of them is a grade A cunt. Not a chance in hell I can ever support any team other than Bolton Wanderers. 

Yeah, likewise. Would probably just follow England from now on, and get more into other sports.

I'd watch England and no one else. 

What do I do when my 6 year old lad asks who he supports when he finally gets what footballs about? 

Don't make me have that conversation you cunts! Get this fucking thing sorted! 

Edited by stevieb

Very sad but probably just one players annual salary at City would have saved them. Hate the Premier League for sucking the life out of the lower leagues. Goes without saying I would rather watch Bolton v Bury than Utd v City any day of the week.

3 minutes ago, stevieb said:

I'd watch England and no one else. 

What do I do when my 6 year old lad asks who he supports when he finally gets what footballs about? 

Don't make me have that conversation you cunts! Get this fucking thing sorted! 

See this is like my lad, he would probably follow Wednesday, like me, I mean, he wants them to win above most other sides, but, his heart wouldn't be in it. I never forced him, he made his own choice, and through me living in atherton Bolton were his team since he knew what footy was, hes been a mascot, frontline, been to all the xmas and halloween parties, and now hes 15 and is kinda lost

There is no way I will be interested in football if our club is dissolved, I doubt I’d be able to watch another game again.   The Administrators are working throughout the night to sort this, fingers crossed they do.  Sleepless night folks, they’ve said they’ll give info as soon as they can so it’s no kip for this fella.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Breightmet Boy said:

There is no way I will be interested in football if our club is dissolved, I doubt I’d be able to watch another game again.   The Administrators are working throughout the night to sort this, fingers crossed they do.  Sleepless night folks, they’ve said they’ll give info as soon as they can so it’s no kip for this fella.

I wouldn't expect any more tonight

Last one was what, 1130?